Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:08:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets not aging... - Solved! -  (Read 1940 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MCRVamp

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:43 pm »

Posted this on another forum, but throught I'd post here (this has really got me stumpped)...

Finally got a new computer, but obviously that's not the problem tongue, my problem is my pets don't age (my sims do, but pets do not).

Any idea what could be causing this?

I have no hacks that affect pets aging (or pets in anyway). Only thing I have is default replacements for cats and dogs eyes and cats noses, and the "bottomless food dish" - I think that's what it's called.

I don't have the puppy/kitten aging off (I don't even have any puppies or kittens in my game right now, just one adult dog).

I double checked to see if I had all the patches installed, I do but still have the problem.

^ pic of the pet and his age bar (note: the family all but one are elders now), they have had Bailey (the pet) since two of them were teens.. and notice Bailey's age bar has not moved.

Problem solved, it was my individual aging hack (which I don't get since it does not affect Pets).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:37:18 pm by MCRVamp » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:04 am »

Sounds most like a conflict with something else which affects or is capable of affecting aging. Some (but by no means all) likely culprits: Inteen or hacks involving allowing vampire or zombie aging.

Would recommend using Paladin's HCDU first:

http://208.109.175.73/Sims_2_HCDU.htm

in order to see what possible (but not necessarily malignant) conflicts you may have, and pulling those out of the game to check if that rectifies the problem. If not, then you'll have to do a standard hunt and check of custom content to find what is conflicting or what may be installed which is not compatible with your particular installed combination of EPs/SPs.

If the direct link above doesn't work for you, then go to:

http://simwardrobe.com/

And click Sims 2 and then Programs and find the Hack Conflict Detection Utility.
MCRVamp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:06:01 pm »

Hm.. can't imagine what could be conflicting (I have no hacks or anything for aging -- well I do have InTeen) -- I tried using the HCDU, it found a few conflicts (all conflicting with InTeen in some way, but I'm sure InTeen couldn't be the reason, I've had this problem since I first put sims on my computer and I just recently installed InTeen.  Guess I may try removing all my hacks (apart from InSim and InTeen and play the game a while).  Guess it may have something to do with a hack I installed when I first put the game on this computer *shrugs*.

Thanks for the help rwills.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: