Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 07:09:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird - no sound from (Maxis) boombox, slimline phone not 'working'...  (Read 3157 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CarolJude

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:10:46 am »

I know, I know... pull any new downloads & restart game until the culprit is found, but I'm wondering if anyone's experienced both of these things at one time (maybe someone knows a particular file that causes this to happen...)

Yesterday I noticed that while the boombox is playing ('sound lines' coming out of it,) there is no music. Today, I find the slimline phone is not working correctly - my sims dial one number and then stand for a moment then walk away. The who-to-call screen doesn't come up, just one beep and... done. I have a retro phone I grabbed from MTS that DOES work correctly, luckily (and yeah, I've had this phone before the problem started today.)

Have checked my prefs and all the audio ones are on, all the other sounds are present, just not the boombox music.

TV is working fine.

It's late now but tomorrow I will see if stereo and speakers are working or if it's just isolated to the boombox.

Ahhhh, isolating incompatible downloads... I remember those fun times from back in my Sims 1 days. Fun times indeed.  Embarrassed 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: