Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:47:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content & Macs  (Read 4376 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
celestejwilliams

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:31 am »

Okay so I know the Sims 3 is like Spore and is a dual compatible disk, my question is this ...

Will custom content created by whoever work on my Mac, or will I need special custom content. 

I ask because, currently, I play my Sims 2 through virtual PC on my Mac because they are PC copies of the game. 

The last time I had a Mac version of the Sims, it was Sims 1 and they custom content was mainly through Aspyr and very limited. 

Thank you. 

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:11:44 am »

At the moment, it looks like the only CC allowed will be what you create yourself or download from EA and as they've made the game MAC compatible they would need to make all their downloadable content for the game MAC compatible too

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
celestejwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:50:31 pm »

Boo ... I really hope not.  The EA store is rubbish. 
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:48:57 am »

not mention it's probably chock full of securom

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »

Securom doesn't matter to Macs. It's a PC program.

EA store will be somewhat necessary for Sims 3, as the second 'hood is there, etc.

I'm wondering, since you NEED to install EA's "download manager" to get their Sims 3 content, if this download manager will be Mac compatible. Sure, the actual *content* might be, but will we be able to get to it?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:30:02 pm »

It matters if you're playing on a Windows partition, from what other Mac users have said elsewhere.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 05:44:51 pm »

I've played the Mac and Windows versions both on my mac, and neither have caused problems for me.  Dunno
celestejwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 11:26:24 pm »

I have to admit, I've played all my Sims 2 (all expansion packs and all stuff packs except for the Holiday versions) on a Windows partition through bootcamp and have had zero problems with this Secru-rom I've heard about. 

I also will be curious to see if the EA download manager will be compatible with Mac.  I imagine (hope, pray) that given the disk is dual compatible, all programs on said disk should be compatible on my Mac. 

I suppose I will find out come Thursday (Australian release date).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: