Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:54:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UGLY children.  (Read 6569 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MonSun

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:12:22 pm »

Lately my custom sims have been having hideous children with huge eyebags. ANY sims with custom content that my sims give birth to (or if I make a spawn in the CAS section) look similar to this:

with eyeliner;

I dont enter any other cheats except for;
boolprop TestingCheats...
moveobjects... maxmotives.. show headlines... boolprop snapobjects... the simple ones. PLEASE HELP. :]
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »

default eyebrows?
MonSun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

default eyebrows?
what do you mean?
im not sure if those are default but changing the eyebrows doesnt change the facial features.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »

I meant have you downloaded any default eyebrows; Ok eyebags then is the main problem.  you have some kind of download messing with your faces. When it started what had you downloaded just before that that had to do with the sim's looks, like face templates?
MonSun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:52 pm »

I meant have you downloaded any default eyebrows; Ok eyebags then is the main problem.  you have some kind of download messing with your faces. When it started what had you downloaded just before that that had to do with the sim's looks, like face templates?
i have no idea, my computer got reset and now it's doing that. I'll check through my downloads :]
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:59 pm »

While in agreement that it may well be related to some custom content (or you may have some custom items or templates which do not include their own equivalents for children), you also might try these steps just before a birth:

make sure blend limits are enabled, using this cheat:

faceBlendLimits on

If it is not the first child for a family, just before the birth exit the lot and go into CAS and roll the dice.

That is to say, click the dice (random) option in CAS 3 or 4 or 5 times, then exit CAS and go back to the birth.

What that does is reset some of the genetic parameters the game uses as a default (parameters which are chosen and set by the game each time it loads). It will take multiple clicks on the dice to reset the most of what the game will use in designing the child.

Rolling the dice in CAS also results in a family with children who do not end up all looking so much alike one another.

Sometimes the 'ugliness' is just a result of having a child made by Sims who have very highly defined features (especially, in my experience, from 2 Sims who have been made and extensively sculpted in CAS), and the kid's face will normalize as he/she grows up. Or from Sims who have had extensive plastic surgery (which does not change genetics).
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 10:19:36 pm »

yeah rwills is right;  When making sims, if I move the eyes up & down or in & out or resize them a couple of ways, the kids look horrible but look good as adults usually. 
MonSun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:29:33 pm »

yeah rwills is right;  When making sims, if I move the eyes up & down or in & out or resize them a couple of ways, the kids look horrible but look good as adults usually. 

I tried that. No luck. I'm having my woman give birth and aging them up from toddlers to adults using the insimenator. Could that be effecting it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:40:14 pm »

If you are using a custom skin, the eyebags might be part of the skin.  If that's the case, nothing you can do will change it.  If you can create a sim with a different custom skin or default and the eyebags don't appear, that's probably the case.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 07:19:20 am »

I agree with whoever said the thing about the extremely tweaked facial features. That sim looks like he has a case of extreme cheekbones coupled with high and small eyes. If you move the cheekbones up or down, they actually affect the eye bags. Right now I can't remember whether you need to adjust the cheekbones up or down, but that's the tweak that drags the under-eye area up and down, creating or eliminating eye bags. Also, having face blend limits on is a good idea as it stops some of the more extreme features being passed down and exaggerated in kids. Growing them up using InSim or any other method should not affect their looks. It's the faults of the way the parents look, usually, as eyes and cheekbones get passed down whole so if the kid gets eyes from one parent and cheekbones from another, they can end up looking mighty weird. That's how I got Phantom Of The Opera Face Boy:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/EngramAu/Wibbleton/1point4/snapshot_354f2659_d5aef3ac.jpg

Basically he looks like his face had melted because he had his mother's cheekbones but his father's everything else including eyebrows, eyes, nose and whole lower face. And you could only see this from teen up, because he was cute as a button as a toddler and child. The mother was Carmen Patch (the exterminator lady) and the father was a custom sim. Carmen has the wide "monkey face" face template (same one as Gordon Kind the burglar) while the custom sim's face was much slimmer. Their kids all had an extreme case of ugly, either inheriting Carmen's face template wholesale or just the cheekbones, giving them Phantom Of The Opera Face Syndrome. As you can see from the image he, too, got a case of eyebags but the Maxis skintone hides them quite a bit. If I had been using a shiny custom skintone like the OP, the eyebags would be much more pronounced.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: