Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:51:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Braces  (Read 23434 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 02:30:20 pm »

my cousin had braces when she was my age (she's twenty-three) and she said most of those rumors weren't true. she also had a palate expander and didn't mind it too much. what can i say? she loved going to the ortho when she had her braces. and it was all because she wanted to be dentist. where was i? oh yeah...

and 0BretttterB0, my cousin also said that they don't rip them off. they just put something on your teeth that's supposed to melt the glue and they just come off. see? it's that easy!

Edit: ladies and gentlemen, i am offically a liar. after doing some research, it's apparent that when you get your braces removed, they do pull the brackets and such out. i just want to say that it was a slight misunderstanding and i am truly sorry. Undecided now, feel free send me all the hate PM's you want, for lying about how they get rid of them and smashing your hopes of pain-free brace removal.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:22:34 pm by soulofthesea » Logged

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Rapple

Hale_Icons

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 03:37:55 pm »

Really?
Thank god that's how they get them off.
My mom said they rip them off, and sort of chissel them off.

Vote for heir, here!
http://rapple1578.livejournal.com/30780.html
Viewable and can be voted on by everyone.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:28 pm »

well that is okay i guess, it is too late now, they are allready on. my brother Ryan had them, and he was fine, so am i, but my sister Alisha is kind of weak, she told me when she got hers they hurt her teeth unbearably everytime a spoon even touched her teeth. i don't feel any pain, and barely any when i first got them. they hurt most when they put the second wire in.  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 02:14:15 pm »

ok, so about a week and a half ago, I noticed that the cement holding my expander started to chip off, bit by bit. I started to worry a little bit because I thought something bad was happening to it. when my mom called the orthodontist, one of his assistants, Hugo, said that sometimes it's normal for the cement to chip off and to start worrying if the expander itself was starting to get a little wobbly. after that call, I just rubbed it off, until three days ago, when, guess what? the expander started wobbling! shocked

so, I went to the orthodontist's office this morning, and apparently, the expander situation was worse than we thought. he said that the expander looked "all jacked up". yep, that's Dr. Schimek's scientific word for my problem. so they had to take it out and put it back in, and now I have to start all over again with my 20 turns of the expander.

darn! and I was so close to finishing! I was only one turn away from being complete! oh well. at least they put it closer to the roof of my mouth so it's not in the way of everything. Tongue

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »

oh, that's just GREAT isn't it??? i had to keep mine on for a month longer than normal. my friend Ben had his for one month, and i got three, but mine wasn't cemented. we both got our braces the same day, and i'm getting my bottoms the same day as he gets his tops!!!

they put the cement in wrong on mine, so when i went to the dentist he scraped it off my teeth!!! i was SOO happy it doesn't feel like OUCH in there anymore!!!

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 10:31:23 pm »

lol, Bretttter. I know what you mean! when they first took it out, I felt like the Tin Man in that scene from the Wizard of Oz. I was like, "OMG! I can talk again!", because that stupid thing was all the way down in my mouth and it was really hard for me to talk!

the good thing about it being put back in, though, is that it's closer to the roof of my mouth so talking's not as hard as it was before. plus, we just got my clarinet back from the shop, but I can't really play it right because of the expander. Sad hopefully the DI's will understand and just let me be a decorative clarinet for now.

I am here
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:52 pm »

yupp... i'm gladd my instuments don't require my mouth, braces are grossnast like that... lmaoo... not really...

Find me on moonlight <3
Evillordjp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:34:04 am »

Boy braces came a long way since I had them only thing I rememember about mine Was my wire broke and came threw my lip. Only thing was it happened twice.
soulofthesea

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 10:33:00 am »

the wire went through your lip? yikes! I would totally freak out if that happened to me.

I am here
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 12:14:39 pm »

i think i would probably cry.

Find me on moonlight <3
bsbgirlielover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 01:44:18 am »

i feel your pain! i got them off last year! they hurt after getting them tightend and after you get them on... they dont drill holes. they paint your teeth and then stick them on... and put the wire on... they dont drill holes and they don't need to numb... oh and take pain killers like advil and such... BEFORE EACH VISIT!! IT'LL HURT AFTER IF YOU DONT!!!
bsbgirlielover

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 01:53:45 am »

oh and when they take them off.. all they do is they pop them... it sounds like it hurts but it doesn't... and it sounds like there pulling out your teeth but there not... then they melt the glue (or burn it) but it doesn't hurt.. HANG IN THERE THE RESULTS ARE FABO
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:54 pm »

You're lucky! When I got mine removed 6 years ago, they scraped my glue off! The lady had something that looked like a rusty nail that she was scraping my teeth with. She scraped so hard that she took off some of my enamel and cracked my two front teeth.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:02 pm »

ow! well I sure hope they got smarter now...  Undecided

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:42 pm »

About two years ago I got braces put on my top teeth. I've had them off for about 6 months and now have a wire behind my teeth. For me they didn't hurt when I got them off, and I'm such a chicken with pain. For me they used a sort of heat gun that heated the glue holding them on my teeth then they simply popped them off and it didn't hurt. Just feels like, if anyones ever eaten a redskin and got it stuck behind your teeth or on them, and then you pull it off, feels like that.

My teeth are offically worth thousands. After paying about $1000 for the braces, i've since had a everyday plastic retainer to keep them in shape, a night time retainer and now I have a permanent wire behind my teeth which will stay there. And then when I'm 18 I have to get my jaw broken then re-set because I have an underbite, which is really annoying when I go for checkups and they say bite together and its like 'I am!' But its also cool cause I can grit my teeth and still talk properly. I've also had my wisdom teeth out, which I don't really remember.. I remember going into the operating room.. getting that thingy stuck in my hand. then thats it. Everything else is blank until I woke up, when my mouth was numb and I kept dribbling blood and saliva. I looked like a chipmunk..

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: