Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete All Townies?  (Read 7098 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:24:33 pm »

Is there a way to just delete all of the townies.  Since I created a combination neighborhood of Strangetown and Pleasantview I am stuck with the NPCs, Townies, Downtownies, and Professors that come with the base game.  I have notownieregen and antiredundancy hacks, but since I used the base towns, they still have all of the stupid townies.

I want to get rid of all of those characters but two.  How do I do that?  I think you can use boolprop to do something like that, but I think it just kills them, not completely gets rid of them, and I don't want one of my families to be stuck with numerous So-and-So died memories.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:43:42 pm »

If you've already been playing the neighborhood, you are stuck with them.  To delete townies now will lead to serious problems later unless you are good with SimPE and clean up the memories.

Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:24:53 pm »

I have the debugger from More Awesome Than You, and it'll delete corrupt memories.  I just hate townies, they're such a pain and offer nothing to my game.  Would it be possible to get a clean template with just the Maxis-made characters to work with so I can just redo the neighborhoods?

I don't know how to get the game to just load the game without townies.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:46:54 pm by Alexavbriana » Logged

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 11:49:43 pm »

There's clean and empty neighborhoods at MATY.
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:25:04 am »

I have the templates, I just don't know how to get them to load as the base neighborhoods.  I had the notownieregen, the clean templates, and the antiredundancy when I deleted the neighborhoods in my Downloads folder, but there are still townies and such.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: