Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:33:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I really hope this hasn't been posted already but HOW IN THE....  (Read 10026 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
loversim

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 08:32:54 am »

world are ppl already playing the sims3 and downloading things for it already? were other countries promised it earlier or something? i live in the us and they said and are saying its release isn't until june 2nd...is it ME who's wrong?
saowens
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:34:16 am »

Those people down loaded the game from sites that are unmentionable here.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:00:32 am »

It's already been mentioned what happened over here... pretty obvious how people are getting it, though we're not getting into that stuff here.  Wink

gtgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:53:50 am »

I know a few people on MTS2  I believe it was there anyway that pre ordered it and got it through UPS or found it in a store already and they live inthe US but then again I could be wrong
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 01:38:25 pm »

From posts on MTS2 I know that some regions (in South Africa, for example) are getting the game earlier than the States and Europe.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:57:20 pm »

I know a few people on MTS2  I believe it was there anyway that pre ordered it and got it through UPS or found it in a store already and they live inthe US but then again I could be wrong

I live in Arizona, and I pre-ordered the game, its being shipped through UPS but its not going to be delivered till 6/02/09. I wish it could be sooner.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »

I pre-ordered mine from gogamer.com and received it Saturday, the 30th.  I just paid for standard shipping, if I had paid for overnight I would have had it even earlier.  I figured everyone that pre-ordered got it early.  You all haven't received yours yet?  I've been playing since Saturday.

I've been using the censor blur removal mod, but I'm waiting for all the talented artist out there to create some nude skins.  Removing the blur is nice but the barbi doll bodies are getting old.  I was surprised it was taking this long for the skins to come out, but if none of the modders have the game yet, that explains alot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:16:50 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:03:37 pm »

I pre-ordered mine from gogamer.com and received it Saturday, the 30th.  I just paid for standard shipping, if I had paid for overnight I would have had it even earlier.  I figured everyone that pre-ordered got it early.  You all haven't received yours yet?  I've been playing since Saturday.

I've been using the censor blur removal mod, but I'm waiting for all the talented artist out there to create some nude skins.  Removing the blur is nice but the barbi doll bodies are getting old.  I was surprised it was taking this long for the skins to come out, but if none of the modders have the game yet, that explains alot.

OMG EA Stores suck at delivering, or maybe its UPS, but I doubt it was UPS. EA Store probably told UPS not to deliver till 6/02.
UPS says its departing from Kentucky.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 07:29:07 pm »

DrunkZombie, where are you from?? In the States, you aren't supposed to have it til tomorrow.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:41 pm »

I'm in Minnesota.  gogamer shipped it from California on the 28th.  Priority mail's stated timeframe is 3-5 days, so I'm guessing they tried to time it to arrive on the 2nd.  However in my experience it is usually faster than that and indeed the postal service delivered it in 2.   That is why you should always ship via the postal service! Smiley  I am a programmer for the USPS so I had to get that in there. Wink

In the past I've had other games I preordered arrive a day or two early.  That is why I don't even bother buying in stores anymore, since they sometimes don't even have the games available until late release day or the day after.  Add to that the fact that gogamer is selling sims 3 for 39.90 and with no tax, it was a no brainer to buy from them.  Even with 4.99 for shipping it was still cheaper than buying in the store.

The early arrivals don't seem to bother the publishers as it is an incentive for people to preorder.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:25:35 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 09:37:30 pm »

I live in Arizona, it did finally arrive in Phx at 5pm now its on its way to Show Low, which is 34 miles (35 to 45 minute drive) away, but its going to the post office here in my town, we only have P.O. Boxes here, I wish I had thought about having it delivered to the house but sometimes they only ship to your billing address. So it should be here by 11 am, and hope I wake up early enough to get it.

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:11 am »

I'd be surprised if it would be possible at any time to get rid of the barbie skins! shocked

In TS2 the skin modding was easy, because you could just add custom skin tones to the default ones and they were graphic files. In TS3 the skins are NOT graphic files anymore. You just choose a tone and this tone gets applied on the whole sim body. Imagine it's one pixel of color that gets stretched all over - there's now way to add details into that. I noticed that especially the muscular bodies have way more detail in the mesh itself (there goes your system performance), so they don't need to add graphic detail.

So, to change that, you'd need to hack the game itself and try for a workaround. But that's not legal (see EULA). I know there are very talented modders out there, but I still can't imagine a way to do this - hey, why do you think I'm so mad at EA? Wink
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 11:59:13 am »

So, to change that, you'd need to hack the game itself and try for a workaround. But that's not legal (see EULA). I know there are very talented modders out there, but I still can't imagine a way to do this - hey, why do you think I'm so mad at EA? Wink

That makes two of us. =.=

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 12:38:47 pm »

I've been furious with them since Bon Voyage, to be honest. I still think they're thieves and liars, too.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:22:20 pm »

I don't know about thieves (not that I'd disagree with you) but shameless liars without a doubt.

My LiveJournal
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: