Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:56:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I really hope this hasn't been posted already but HOW IN THE....  (Read 10117 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »

I've been using the censor blur removal mod, but I'm waiting for all the talented artist out there to create some nude skins.  Removing the blur is nice but the barbi doll bodies are getting old.  I was surprised it was taking this long for the skins to come out, but if none of the modders have the game yet, that explains alot.

I'd be surprised if it would be possible at any time to get rid of the barbie skins! shocked

In TS2 the skin modding was easy, because you could just add custom skin tones to the default ones and they were graphic files. In TS3 the skins are NOT graphic files anymore. You just choose a tone and this tone gets applied on the whole sim body. Imagine it's one pixel of color that gets stretched all over - there's now way to add details into that. I noticed that especially the muscular bodies have way more detail in the mesh itself (there goes your system performance), so they don't need to add graphic detail.

So, to change that, you'd need to hack the game itself and try for a workaround. But that's not legal (see EULA). I know there are very talented modders out there, but I still can't imagine a way to do this - hey, why do you think I'm so mad at EA? Wink

When my sim takes a bath he is wearing a necklace like his bare chest "top" when wearing a swimsuit.  If he can wear a necklace, can't we just modify the top and bottom textures to have naughty bits?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:24 am »

How about you take your quest for naughty bits to an adult oriented site, this one is PG-13, or did you not realize that?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 06:19:53 am »

Ouch!
Since when is a normal human body naughty and why do you have to be an adult to have one?
I don't think it's healthy for teens to be taught that people withough a censor blur are bad. Wink

To amend my earlier posting: I think, when you look closely, males do have a faint shadow for nipples, so maybe it isn't as impossible to edit than I thought. BUT. The resolution of the skin files is so baaaaad and as long as that can't be changes, details would still look hideous.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:19 am »

It's not about whether or not we think the body without a censor blur is good or bad, it has to do with the fact that the guy wants anatomically correct skins and those are considered adult in nature and not something this particular site deals with.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 10:17:43 am »

I thought I covered the "anatomically correct skins" with "normal human body".
Sorry I didn't think of the other site...
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »

Didn't mean to go too far.  I thought since the site hosted the inseminator mod it would be ok to discuss other mods as long as I was tasteful.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: