Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:51:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF plant hacks for AL/MG? And buyable trashcan/mailbox for AL?  (Read 6033 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:24:28 pm »

I've just installed MG and AL, and hoped that my previous Seasons hack would work - which they don't seem to do... My game crashed when I opened the plants in buy mode, and tried to place a tree. So I'm guessing the hacks are "bugging" the new plants in MG...

So does anyone know which hacks are compatible with MG and AL - or at least where I can find out if they are? I've looked at MTS2 - where it seems none of the seasons hack are updated for MG, or even AL (if they do need updating at all, that is... the crashes might have an other cause which is probably resident in my hack folder...)

Any location of hacks/mods for easier harvesting/gardening is appreciated Smiley
(I love plants and gardens, but HATE gardening - both in real life and for sims...)

EDIT: and it seems I might have another problem. I dl'ed a buyable trashcan/mailbox from "Sim a Little Dream a Lot", but as far as I can remember, the ones I dl'ed weren't compatible with AL (there was another edition for AL). But the site is down, and it doesn't seem like it will be up anytime soon - does anyone know where I can find this elsewhere?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:45:01 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 02:32:58 pm »

I hear you on the loathing of gardening!

Have you looked at Simbology? TJ did Perfect Plants and Perfect Gardens mods - both say they are compatible with Seasons and higher

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:07:58 pm »

Extracted AL mailbox and trash can:

http://www.ancienthighway.net/smf/index.php?topic=11.0

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:25:00 pm »

Ali, I've looked through most of the mods at insim, simbology and MTS2, but few says whether they will work with something higher than seasons. But now I'm not quite sure if those mods are really conflicting with anything... I removed all of the most likely conflicts (I think) and the game still crashed, so now I've gone through everything again. It has to be something in my DL folder, though - because it didn't crash before I put in the hacks. I'll sort that out somehow... still looking for the hacks, though Smiley

And thanks Rwillis Smiley

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »

Make sure to delete the non-AL compatible mailbox and trash can from your folder.

Having that in the game Downloads after installing AL can (and will) really, really, really screw up the game, as AL introduced a new mailbox protocol.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:06:28 pm »

maybe that was the problem... haven't tested it yet, though. But shouldn't there be two mailboxes - one for apartments and one for normal residental lots? just a thought... Haven't used the old ones more than one time, so I'm not very familiar about how they work.

thanks a bunch for that link, by the way. I found a mod I've been searching for ever since BV came out... Smiley (the massage for pregnant sims)

My site:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:39:20 pm »

There is just the one mailbox.  Depending on the lot type, it will be the standard residential mailbox, or the apartment mailbox.  Glad you found some other things you like.
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 01:23:38 pm »

Hi! theraven! Long time without seing you! I remember you helped me to find the jetski that I whised so much!!

I´ve read about your problem, removing hacks or other downloads which don´t let your game being normal should be the solution, I mean if you take them out from your download folder, your game should work fine again, except like other people say here, you install last exp. packs with your download folder on sims 2 folder... That´s a huge mistake, and I learnt it very well when I installed university time ago, and I forgot to move out my download folder... The game worked terrible, I mean I tried to play, but the game was like "jumping" all the time, and the worst part was that something made a conflict with fridges and my sims weren´t able to get some food from fridges, so I had to download a buffet table because they were starving...
When I changed my computer and I have to install the game again, I made something different this time, I moved out my download folder when I installed university, and when I tried to play, it works fine but there was a toy cook which I was downloaded time ago before having an e.p, when I wanted to get my kids play with it, the game just crashed... So I deleted it from my download folder and the game was fine again.
Installing an exp. pack without moving your download folder can cause you hard problems with hacks or mods which weren´t made for new e.p, and you probably have to install again the game in order to make it works fine again.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:41:10 pm »

Hmmm

I'm almost starting to wish we had Grammar Police on this site

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:50:16 pm »

(^ same here...)

I've always moved out my DL folder before installing a new EP/SP, so that's not the problem. I think it might have been the trashcan/mailbox that messed up everything. I replaced them with the AL ones, and so far I've had no crashes at all today Smiley

I'm usually careful about which hacks I put in after installing a new EP, so that nothing will conflict. If I run into problems with an unknown cause, the hack folder is the place I check first. But since I'm a bit too organized for my own good (I put everything into folders, but never remember where I put that folder), I don't always remember to move out everything... Undecided
I had completely forgotten about the mailbox/trashcan until I almost tripped over them when searching for something else...

My site:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:39 pm »

I didn't think my grammar was that bad.   Tee Hee
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 05:22:05 pm »

MaddyLou, could you PLEASE be bothered to use some kind of coherent structure to what in the hell you're trying to say? Seriously, I don't like to nitpick at the way folks post, but you and some of the others are giving me a serious headache with the endless stream of words and chat speak. Honestly, guys, is it too bloody much to ask that you take a few moments to read your post over and make sure that it's readable by those that grew up being taught proper usage of the language and it's written equivalent?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »

I´m not going to apologize, my english writing is not so bad and I think you understood what I was triying to say...
Maybe it was a little confuse, but I just wanted to tell my game problem to other for helping, just that!!! and I have NO grammar problems!!
So don´t tell that "me and some of the others are giving you a serious headache"
because I´ve talked with some people here who understand me pretty well.
I´m going to write no more "long" post so you don´t have more "headache" with me, and in that time I´m going to improve my english skills and maybe you should
learn how to get nice manners... I´m sure you understand that besides you always try so hard to undestand "what the hell I´m trying to say"
Cancel my acount if you want, but I´m not going to let you or whoever trying me like a piece of s**t because my english is not perfect!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:37:57 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:46:18 pm »

I have plenty of nice manners but when someone types like a total git that can't be bothered to make sense, I get a little frazzled. So, take your attitude and shove it up your nose and get rid of your entitlement syndrome. Weh weh weh. I've been nice to you in the past and you continued on as a little snot, so whatever. You want to find out what it's like to be treated like a piece of excrement because your posting skills aren't perfect? Read MATY and then you'll get a clue, little girl.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:23 pm »

Please, MaddyLou, watch your language. There's no need to start swearing. We can get our points across here without resorting to that. We can ALL disagree without being rude.

I understand not everyone has English as their first language and, no, it's not an easy language to learn. I respect that. No one's saying you have to have perfect English, but perhaps endeavor to use proper punctuation to break up your sentences. That would make it a lot easier to read. Smiley For example.

I've read about your problem, removing hacks or other downloads which don´t let your game being normal should be the solution, I mean if you take them out from your download folder, your game should work fine again, except like other people say here, you install last exp. packs with your download folder on sims 2 folder...

A little edit:

"I've read about your problem. Removing hacks or other downloads which don't let your game being normal should be the solution. I mean, if you take them out from your download folder, your game should work fine again, except, like other people say here, you install last exp. pack with your download folder on sims 2 folder... "

I didn't change any of your wording. All I did was put periods in their proper places and it made it a lot easier to read. Smiley I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. My goal is to just give you a bit of helpful advice.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: