Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:44:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 required:No Adult Mascots New Alternate Version(5/08/06)  (Read 29060 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jordi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 03:29:58 am »

Quote from: Ozzucay
Not exactly. Besides retaining silly uniforms on community lots after college, mascots personality and behaviours are retained and uneditable.

Such as days left in age, I know. There's ways around that though.

Knocking up female NPCs corrupts their character file. At least so I've read. Unless you've made them selectable and keep them on the lot for the duration of the pregnancy.

In fact you can't get an uncontrollable Sim pregnant. If somehow you do, it won't corrupt their character file (unless you are messing with uninteractables such as the hula zombie), but the pregnancy will go wrong. I was referring to former NPCs.

Beat me with a stupid stick if you like, but I don't know what that means.

No traversal costs means their needs do not go down from walking as it does for all other Sims. This is most noticable on the huge lots: send a normal Sim and a former NPC from corner of the lot to the other, if all other things (personality, asp, starting needs) are equal the normal Sim will have significantly more needs decay than the former NPC.

(…)Had I had that first sim propose the move in to her mascot lover while she was still at college, there would have been no problems.

I did the proposing unto engagement in college. It gives a nice bonus for graduation party scores.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 05:02:00 am »

Hi Squinge! I did a strange experiment and worked somehow (didn't understand much but must be related to your mod). Well, I used my selective hydrangea (:lol:) and selected a horse named Robi Somewhat, a mascot that is butt ugly. Tried to surgery his face and I got only the horse face.
Well, I used Insimenator and clicked "Age to ... YA" (though he IS an YA). Well, his thumbnail changed to a nude Sim and he is showing regular clothing. SO I COULD surgery his face because the horse face was GONE. Hurray!

Another problem : before (on time) I could invite an YA to a normal hood, control-mind her and make her pregnant, get the baby and leave it there.
Now (after FFS) I can no more do this. The YA shows as No aging Sim and pregnance is no more available to them. I cannot even make a regular Sim living in Uni to get pregnant. They DO get pregnant but the pregnance do not develop. Using Insimenator to check pregnance stand, it states nothing but just that the pregnance froze at 25 days pregnant.
Is that included with FFS or do I have a mod that makes it so?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 05:18:36 am »

Quote from: jordi
Could you look into this?
yes I can Smiley,that is strange I don't know how the "npc put an outfit on me" function would cause that now I'm curious to find out.
mascots personality and behaviours are retained and uneditable.
The reason for that is you would have to remove all of the template mascot code from the character file & replace it with template person to make them act like normal sims.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:51:07 am by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 05:21:20 am »

Quote from: XPTL297
Is that included with FFS or do I have a mod that makes it so?
I'm not sure it may be an FFS problem, I have never tried doing that before maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 07:01:57 am »

I think what it boils down to is that the mascot code is bugged. Stupid Maxis.

*edit*
Squinge, I thought you should know that I have never had the problems XPTL described regarding the pregnancies. All my uni pregnancies have worked fine. I don't think that's related to this mod.

I'm in the middle of trying an experiment with a clean game (no CC at all) to see if I can make an adult move in a uni mascot. It has never worked for me in the past, but I may as well try again. Then I'll try with only this mod installed to see if there is an effect. I'll let you know how it comes out. Unfortunately I can't finish until lunch, I'm at work.:sad5:

*edit #2*
Clean game - Could not propose move in to uni mascot
Game with noadultmascots installed - Still could not propose move in to uni mascot
It doesn't look to me like this mod makes any difference at all. Except that adult former mascots don't wear costumes to community lots.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:35:21 am by Ozzucay » Logged

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 07:11:44 pm »

*edit #2*
Thanks for the information, that saves me from wasting my time, I really appreciate it Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:47:57 am by Squinge » Logged

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 07:56:43 pm »

By the way, all my former mascots age normally. Smiley

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
unclesparks
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 02:05:19 pm »

I wish I had this mod sooner!  My college girl married and had twins with the school horse.  When she graduated and he moved in with her he kept the stupid hat no matter how much money I sunk into a new wardrobe.  I couldn't take it and eventually arranged for him to meet with a satellite.  And now you tell me I didn't have to kill him? Aaargg!!!!
simpress

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 05:49:35 am »

OMG, THANK YOU!!!  I've been looking for something like this and an angel directed me to this site!  Many thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: