Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:07:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy day i have the sims3  (Read 12057 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:39:49 am »

hello everyone

I just got my copy of the sims3 ce at my local ebgame today so i am very happy

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:06 pm »

Go on, enjoy yourself and take your time playing your shiny new game.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »

Paden do not be a PARTY POOPER,i get my copies(Regular and Collector Edition) today with the Guide this has been a LONGGGGGGGGGG HAUL for me on waiting I am not good at waiting
papa_di

waiting for the cure for the worlds pain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:07 pm »

I'll be the party pooper,  I hate the new game. Its the sims 1 with a few extra things. I wasted my money!

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »

I was stupid and bought it via EA Downloader. I should have waited. It's taking forever. On the official Sims 3 forums, everyone that bought the digital download of the game is having issues. It stops downloading giving us error messages, the download times are LONG, and people are pretty upset about it. Typical EA wasnt prepared, and had no idea that so many people would be getting it this way. I should have just gone to Wal Mart.

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:24:57 pm »

I don't think Paden was being a party pooper, she was sincerely wishing Pierre to be happy playing the new game

Knowing what Paden thinks about the new game, I'd say that shows just how fair and upstanding she is Tongue

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 02:28:41 pm »

Dec, I wasn't being a party pooper but I bloody well could be, so do NOT accuse me of something I didn't do. I hope that all of you that got the game do enjoy it and take your time to play it and find out what all you can do with it.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 03:19:24 pm »

Sorry Paden my bad,then sits facing the corner,side note just got it and installing it as I Type this
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 07:02:03 pm »

I was stupid and bought it via EA Downloader. I should have waited. It's taking forever. On the official Sims 3 forums, everyone that bought the digital download of the game is having issues. It stops downloading giving us error messages, the download times are LONG, and people are pretty upset about it. Typical EA wasnt prepared, and had no idea that so many people would be getting it this way. I should have just gone to Wal Mart.

Congratulations! You've got SuckaRom ONCE AGAIN! If you read carefully, EAxis has stated that the digital download WILL have SuckaRom.

I'll be the party pooper,  I hate the new game. Its the sims 1 with a few extra things. I wasted my money!
ROFL Sorry for losing your money, but your comment was really funny, papa_di! Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:38 pm »

I won't get to get my copy for days yet.  Sad

I preordered it, and silly me, I actually expected the company to send it to me so it will arrive on June 2, but no, the jerks from GameSpot decided to send it yesterday so I won't be able to get it for a few days yet.  I thought that the only way I could get the special edition was by preordering it, but I go to Wal-Mart and find the special edition (about ten dollars cheaper without the shipping and handling costs).

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:23 pm »

I WANT EA TO FAIL

This game feels nothing like The Sims. It feels more like a bad RPG. Why would I want to pay for a cheesy poorly-executed RPG when I can play Final Fantasy or Mass Effect instead?

I wanted a simulation game. Not this skill-building junk. Plus, the rabbit-holes are severely annoying. Did I mention fugly ass sims?

Everyone at EA needs to be slapped a few hundred times. Chair The Sims 3 could and should have been SO much better. EA should have revolutionized the game. Where are the metro stations? Fire stations? Skyscrapers? Body hair? New Interactions (70% were simply ported from Sims 2)?

1. Does it have Skate Boards? No. The cars don't even have transitional animations, btw.

2. Can sims undress themselves with proper animations? No. But as I expected, since it's a 'Teen' (more like a Toddler) game. But being able to dress and undress clothing down to underwear would be a nice touch and within a proper Teen realm.

3. Does this game deserve to be called the Sims 3? NO!

I can go on all day about how disappointed I am with EA's creativity (if one could call it that).

I will be sticking with Sims 2 and other games worth my money and attention.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 09:49:03 pm »

I'm glad I didn't get, nor do I have any intention of getting it.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:51 pm »

What about all the silly's out there that dumped their game without realising that they've been had.
Serves em right, they chose to ignore the evidence that it's crap and instead sat there drooling at whatever EA. threw at em.
Next they'll be asking the modders to make this and that to make the thing playable still not understanding that EA. have chosen to remove that little luxury.
Nikodemus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:23 pm »

OK...I have the game and am having fun w/ it...The resolution of the sims is higher, but objects seem to have less polys to them, game play is pretty decent w/ more goals then in sims 2, AI is better, and the known improvements in the creation is nice...the no CC thing is a LIE, already have found and downloaded several working mods, and some textures, also TSR already has a creation tool in the works(for free they say, but it's TSR(shudder), so we will see), also looking around.. even MATY has changed its hate opinion and has scrambled all over the sims3 stroe stuff, MTS2 has long discussions going on content, and custom sims 3 is working out mesh details w// tools as we speak(people meshes). ...NOW for the bad stuff...less content then Sims 2 at launch(and no the unlimited recoloring  does NOT  count), it does seem as far asMesh type CC is concerned, people will have to be more knowledgeable..als body shapes are done on a slider, will no Bust slider being seperate, they advertise curvy sexy and the only way to get it is to make them very obese! also the faces are a bidt puudgy for my taste, took some efort to get em looking good.

now before you continue the slam fest...play it...and then be fair , even if you are dissapointed/upset.

Side note:(confirmed...no Securom on any current version.....the pirate pre-release had it though(snicker0..well one of the two)

Sincerily and Lovingly Yours,

Nikodemus
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:31:44 pm by Nikodemus » Logged
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:23 am »

Even my small kids called this the sims 1 & 1/2  (like the lion king 1 & 1/2), said it was disappointing boring and left; a relief since I don't like having to share when I'm sick Wink.  I don't know why I continue to drag through it (probably because I have the flu) except that it has its own small merit as a stand alone game--apart from Sims series.   The things I like about the game (more interesting ghosts, coloring options) are secondary to the intense drag of the game.  I find myself watching it like TV more that "playing" it.  No one is saying the game is not fun on some level--but that it ends up being a huge step backwards instead of the awesome game it was purported to be & could have been, had EA cared to do anything besides hype it and not follow through.

Play this for a day or so and then go back to TS2.  I'm sure you'll get the urge to hug your computer just like I did. 

even MATY has changed its hate opinion and has scrambled all over the sims3 store stuff

That's a bit of an overstatement.  It's readily been assessed there as FAIL.  And the CC offered on the exchange is dissappointing to say the least.  The modders that have undertaken the  challenge of unraveling the newly-coded borkedness of the game and making it into a toy we can appreciate.  The cons far outweigh the pros of the game...and as Pescado put it they (in the code and modification world) are currently working on a "true" follow-up to TS2 taking the underdeveloped and ignored plusses of this game and building upon them (correctly) to make a sequel worthy of the Sims 2.

Check the threads and you'll see.   Pescado (& other modders at maty as well) is doing what he does...assessing the merit (or lack of) and massive fails of the game and making plans to translate it into a game TS2 players (deserve) can appreciate.

I'm sure I'm bestowing more benevolence upon the FOJ then he'd care for, but whatever his reasons Pescado (+ others) turning the game into a sims 2 playable extension will benefit the community in the long run.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: