Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:09:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67647 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:56 pm »

I like going to visit people that parts cool, but I would like to visit the people I created with the people I created.

You can.  Just move a copy of a family into a vacant house and you can visit them with your active family.  You could even switch your active family and play one of your other created families, while the other family continues under AI control.  Just be aware that switching active families loses their wishes/promises.  Not really a big deal as when you switch back you can get more.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:13:51 pm by DrunkZombie » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:11 pm »

Heres my opinion.

I think it's a worthless, bug infested, slow piece of s--t angry
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:13 pm »

Heres my opinion.

Awww no simgirl! Did it work for your computer? Or is it crappy in general?

Admin note: Watch the language!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:34:28 am by Paden » Logged
SultrySeductress

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:19:43 am »

the no bodyshop thing [mod edit]annoys[/mod edit] me off. and yeah there is still a lot of worrying about their needs but maybe i just need time to get used to it??? i don't know. luckily i still kept my sims 2 double deluxe........
but i still like the create-a-sim menu, but it does have its ups and downs....i just like the hair and where you actually get to pick the lifetime wish or want (as in sims 2). well i'll try it for the rest of the night and then i'll see how it goes......

mod note: please watch your language, no matter how annoyed you are with it there is no need for profanities
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:09:28 am by Ali » Logged
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 07:32:32 am »

People should just stop whining *sigh*. It looks amazing.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:06 am »

Oh, I am really sorry for you! I know how much you looked forward to it and I thought maybe you'd like it the way it is. The way you defended your decision to buy, you should be thrilled now, or so I thought... Sad
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:04:48 pm by Wednesday17 » Logged
sagiluv

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 08:34:05 am »

From the look of the things look like Warlock and the gangs are not going to have their fair share as in no boobs, phat butt or any other goodies I enjoy in sims 2 especially the notorious closer family hack which I delightful enjoy as well.
Nikodemus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 09:17:18 am »

It sounds liek to me like i hav said on other boards, people want a game w/ all the expansions at launch...Sims 2 also sucked at launch and other then the graphics sims 1 fans were complaining.....and as far as skin tones,ect suckign....rofl...i remember the sims 2 base game look/maxis default skins<shudder>, at least this time my sims head is the same tone as it's body. The game definatly needs mods and CC and expansions, but that is sorta the point is it not..over all compared to sims 1 and sims 2 at launch there is more to sims 3(yeah some object are lacking, need more clothing choices,ect..the recolors make up for a bit of that) like all the jobs and options and skills..that in both sims 1 and 2 did not come out till expnsions..heck sims 1 didn't even have any community lots at launch
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 09:30:55 am »

Okay, so I played it (just before my daughter took over--lol)

From a creative point of view---

It looks like we're starting with base game stuff all over again. There is a guitar in it, the only instrument.
The view of the horizon is beautiful, but when in play mode in your house it looks a lot like sims 1-their movements are like sims 1-like cardboard figures.
There is option to change the theme/color/patterns of each object.

I haven't figured out how to use the bike yet, but when you want to go somewhere you click on 'm' it will show you a map, and many icons to click on. A taxi will show up and take you to that new lot. The only one I've gone to yet is the beach, (gorgeous view-even the waves you see the spray hitting behind the rocks from where you are!) and all they did was cook on the grill and talk to two people.

In create a sim you have many many options to make a sim, but it will take a lot of practice to do my celebrity sims again! LOL they have Thigh High Boots!!!!!

motherlode works very well in it! The paper boy/girl puts the paper down and runs off! You see other sims in the neighborhood coming out, but then daughter is on it so I haven't played that part yet!

So now you have a 'so far' glimpse of the game. We are still seeing tutorials so it explains a lot of what happens in the game--you can't get too lost in there!

Good luck, and I'll wait on the exchange stuff to see what's up with that!
Later:
Okay, I cannot believe I spent the whole day playing that game!! (okay so Starr and I took turns! LOL)
Starr found the bike option first. She just sent them to their destination and they went on the bike. If you right click on the sim you can watch the neighborhood go by as she pedals away.
One tough part was finding a good-looking guy who was single in the game, although I did find Malcom Landgrabb==AS A TEEN! LOL One fellow looked VERY dashing in his police uniform, and she started chatting him up. One option is get to know better, and it brings up more details on the sim you're talking to. Eventually she found that the guy was in a relationship, so the man hunt began! LOL
In school, as in work, you have many options as well. There's this box that shows up, andyou get options to work hard, slack off, meet coworkers/new friends, so that one is new.
When moving in to a house with your new family; the houses you can afford are the ones that are highlighted (yeah, I used motherlode later cos the one I could actually afford was a dump! LOL), so I just scooped up my little cellphone (everyone gets one!) and chose the move option. It gave me the option to sell all furniture and move into the new house. So, with motherlode's help, I got my house by the ocean!

The ocean is such a beautiful sight! OH MY GOSH!!! They really put a LOT of detail in it. And the night scenes are to die for!
The sims themselves have clothing options, and also a 'color choice' you get when you click on the clothing. A color wheel shows up with the clothing, and you click on the piece of clothing you want to change, and then click on part of the wheel to change the color. Above the wheel is a box that has clothing samples. You pick the type-leather and fur, themes, paisley, etc...and it shows fabric samples of each so you can pick what you want the clothing to look like! The thigh high boots I raved over have laces that go up the front, and heels!!! You do the furniture in much the same way, with the color wheel, and the fabric samples!
Each sim has personality traits. I made the mistake of making mine EXACTLY like me! (LOL) I'm clumsy, so I made her clumsy--just to see what she'd do. GADS!!! And like me, she's an accident WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!! This gal tripped over the lint on the floor!!!!! You get like four/five options (think it's five-anyone??), and mine were natural chef, family oriented, artistic, clumsy=can't recall the other one. With that you get to pick your lifetime want from a list of five. All the chins in the CAS are pudgy, but you can slim them down somewhat. I'm still not sure if there's a bodyshop yet-haven't checked.

Much later: Nope! No bodyshop, but I think we can still/might be a chance, to make our own sims to share with others. If not now, then I know our creative tech gurus community wide will figure out a way to do it!
hugs and high hopes,
Skye

kaching and motherlode WORK!!

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:01 am »

It sounds liek to me like i hav said on other boards, people want a game w/ all the expansions at launch...

Yea, shame on the people who don't want a 500$ game, but only want to pay 50$, how cheap of them!
[That's only half a joke - add up the cost for the expansions and the new cash cow Sims shop...]
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 01:35:23 pm »

Oh, I am really sorry for you! I know how much you looked forward to it and I thought maybe you'd like it the way it is. The way you defended your desicion to buy, you should be thrilled now, or so I thought... Sad

Where did you get that hair from in your avatar?
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 01:41:43 pm »

Okay, so I played it (just before my daughter took over--lol)

From a creative point of view---

It looks like we're starting with base game stuff all over again. There is a guitar in it, the only instrument.
The view of the horizon is beautiful, but when in play mode in your house it looks a lot like sims 1-their movements are like sims 1-like cardboard figures.
There is option to change the theme/color/patterns of each object.

I haven't figured out how to use the bike yet, but when you want to go somewhere you click on 'm' it will show you a map, and many icons to click on. A taxi will show up and take you to that new lot. The only one I've gone to yet is the beach, (gorgeous view-even the waves you see the spray hitting behind the rocks from where you are!) and all they did was cook on the grill and talk to two people.

In create a sim you have many many options to make a sim, but it will take a lot of practice to do my celebrity sims again! LOL they have Thigh High Boots!!!!!

motherlode works very well in it! The paper boy/girl puts the paper down and runs off! You see other sims in the neighborhood coming out, but then daughter is on it so I haven't played that part yet!

So now you have a 'so far' glimpse of the game. We are still seeing tutorials so it explains a lot of what happens in the game--you can't get too lost in there!

Good luck, and I'll wait on the exchange stuff to see what's up with that!
Later:
Okay, I cannot believe I spent the whole day playing that game!! (okay so Starr and I took turns! LOL)
Starr found the bike option first. She just sent them to their destination and they went on the bike. If you right click on the sim you can watch the neighborhood go by as she pedals away.
One tough part was finding a good-looking guy who was single in the game, although I did find Malcom Landgrabb==AS A TEEN! LOL One fellow looked VERY dashing in his police uniform, and she started chatting him up. One option is get to know better, and it brings up more details on the sim you're talking to. Eventually she found that the guy was in a relationship, so the man hunt began! LOL
In school, as in work, you have many options as well. There's this box that shows up, andyou get options to work hard, slack off, meet coworkers/new friends, so that one is new.
When moving in to a house with your new family; the houses you can afford are the ones that are highlighted (yeah, I used motherlode later cos the one I could actually afford was a dump! LOL), so I just scooped up my little cellphone (everyone gets one!) and chose the move option. It gave me the option to sell all furniture and move into the new house. So, with motherlode's help, I got my house by the ocean!

The ocean is such a beautiful sight! OH MY GOSH!!! They really put a LOT of detail in it. And the night scenes are to die for!
The sims themselves have clothing options, and also a 'color choice' you get when you click on the clothing. A color wheel shows up with the clothing, and you click on the piece of clothing you want to change, and then click on part of the wheel to change the color. Above the wheel is a box that has clothing samples. You pick the type-leather and fur, themes, paisley, etc...and it shows fabric samples of each so you can pick what you want the clothing to look like! The thigh high boots I raved over have laces that go up the front, and heels!!! You do the furniture in much the same way, with the color wheel, and the fabric samples!
Each sim has personality traits. I made the mistake of making mine EXACTLY like me! (LOL) I'm clumsy, so I made her clumsy--just to see what she'd do. GADS!!! And like me, she's an accident WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!! This gal tripped over the lint on the floor!!!!! You get like four/five options (think it's five-anyone??), and mine were natural chef, family oriented, artistic, clumsy=can't recall the other one. With that you get to pick your lifetime want from a list of five. All the chins in the CAS are pudgy, but you can slim them down somewhat. I'm still not sure if there's a bodyshop yet-haven't checked.

Much later: Nope! No bodyshop, but I think we can still/might be a chance, to make our own sims to share with others. If not now, then I know our creative tech gurus community wide will figure out a way to do it!
hugs and high hopes,
Skye

kaching and motherlode WORK!!

Now I really can't wait to play it! Cheesy
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:11 pm »

It sounds liek to me like i hav said on other boards, people want a game w/ all the expansions at launch...Sims 2 also sucked at launch and other then the graphics sims 1 fans were complaining.....and as far as skin tones,ect suckign....rofl...i remember the sims 2 base game look/maxis default skins<shudder>, at least this time my sims head is the same tone as it's body. The game definatly needs mods and CC and expansions, but that is sorta the point is it not..over all compared to sims 1 and sims 2 at launch there is more to sims 3(yeah some object are lacking, need more clothing choices,ect..the recolors make up for a bit of that) like all the jobs and options and skills..that in both sims 1 and 2 did not come out till expnsions..heck sims 1 didn't even have any community lots at launch

I guess you can say that's true. But for me, I really enjoyed the fact that you can visit places in 2 and go inside. It seems like they sacrificed that for a seamless neighborhood. What is the point of taking my sims places if I cannot go inside with them?  

ETA: The graphics in 2 are better than 3, IMO.
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 02:26:17 pm »

Yeah, the clock does suck, it's fastest speed is laughable. I hope EA plans on fixing that, it so boring when you have a household full of Sims who all got to sleep around the same time. If this game is going to get any better it needs mods and CC quickly. Thankfully MTS2 already has some stuff.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 03:10:34 pm »

"I wasn't that impressed with sims 2 till EP's and custom content. So I guess I'll have to wait an see. I'm stuck with it now...."

I completley agree with you, thats exactly how i feel....playing 3 is making me realize how much i miss and enjoy 2 better!!!

glad i didnt uninstall 2!!!!!

my advice; wait until more eps/cc come out and the original game price comes down!!!!!

Poke2 = GAH2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: