Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:59:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67689 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:47 pm »

That sounds like you have the aging set to "epic", violetlass.  There's a setting in the options to make aging go faster, right? 

greypersephone

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 01:01:44 am »

The game has pros and a lot of cons.
The Pros
The color wheel is fun. I could spend hours spinning and changing colors of things. Food looks like real food! There are some new interactions that were really fun, such as "announce pregnancy" when you meet your friends while out on the town. Some of the traits are fun. The great kisser trait allows you to make out like a pro and who doesn't want that kind of trait. Smiley I can brush my teeth now. I do like being able to seamlessly move about the town. I can see that it was a really good idea and had a lot of potential. 
The Cons:
The Sims themselves, their clothing and furniture are ugly beyond belief, it was so much work making someone attractive. I am spoiled after spending years getting beautiful creations from brilliant people, I hate being stuck with EA's unimaginative and obviously male centric sense of style and design. These Sims will need to be nominated for What Not to Wear. The camera is wonky at best and drives me to drink. I feel I was promised a fuller immersion then I am really getting. Sure I can go anywhere but most of the community buildings are facades just like in Hollywood. So now instead of sitting outside of the house waiting for Sim to come home from work, I sit outside of their job. I feel like a stray dog. The needs of the Sims were not supposed to be the driving force but I still feel I spend as much time feeding and pottying rather then exploring and growing my Sim as EA stated would be the case.
As I said above this game has a lot of potential but EA has a lot of greed. I do not think they will let the CC community be this time, especially with the EA download store at launch. I firmly believe they expect to make their bread and butter on download content for this new branch in the franchise. They saw a piece of the pie they weren't getting any of and have decided to go after it aggressively. Ruining what could have been a really awesome new leg of the Sims experience. EA's creativity will never be able to match the brilliance that is out in the CC community and thus they will fail miserably by taking something that made the franchise successful and exploiting it. If that is indeed the path they are on I will be done and just live with Sims 2 until such a time when something new and shiny comes to distract my attention. If they prove me wrong and let the CCer's co-exist, the game has potential and I could even see myself looking forward to expansion packs.

Evil shenanigans!
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 01:20:25 am »

Those who want to feel like they are exploring sims 3 with 2, go to MTS2 and download the Caliente girls. That is how I enjoy the game. Before then, I wouldn't touch it with YOUR hands.
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:46 am »

What I think? It's a bunch of bull****.  (Mod note:  Please watch your language.)

EAxis is murdering all Maxis projects through their milking schemes. Who doesn't recall what Spore looked liked at a E3 Demo (Back in 2004 with Robin Williams on stage) or the others demos? It did cause quite the impact on gamers, rising a faifthul horde of Spore fans which tracked it's progress every minute (I was one of them). When EAxis started releasing more footage of it, I understood something was completely wrong. The aesthetic of Spore had been replaced by some childish cartoon graphics and the gameplay tuned to the 'Casual Gamer', leaving us with a delusional product.

The same goes for Sims 3. EAxis is unable to give us, long time fans of saga, an actual world which conglomerates all the expansions or content request. Rather than listening to what the whole community thinks, they invite these 'Creators' of websites like Sim Resources, which already have been brainwashed to write AMAZING REVIEWS ABOUT THE SIMS 3!. I hate what Sims looks like now, their textures, faces, bodies, clothes, etc. The custom texture creator will be found as a annoyance by normal players. What EAxis mentions as a 'open environment' is nothing more than a world without loading screens (And these didn't annoy me..since I would get high quality buildings made by us, community.). Even Sims 2's gameplay beats the crap outta Sims 3.

In conclusion,

Do not waste your time and money. Keep on supporting the Sims 2. Down with Money Schemes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:27:29 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:04 pm »

My new shiney toy is ok bit laggy but not to bad for my dark ages PC. It will never excede sims 2 for me though. I still even now owning the game stills ee it a sims stories seperate.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »

Teren_Rox, I totally agree with you.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
greypersephone

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 12:51:06 am »

Me too Teren. I couldn't wait for Spore and I have played it little too none since I got it because it just wasn't what I thought it would be. Sad because they really could have had something good if only they weren't so pig headed in their ideals and listened to what we the people that buy the products think. 

Evil shenanigans!
garjian

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 07:52:46 am »

in short... id say...

minor improvements... (all of which have downsides...)

walking about town and stuff is good... (though because of that you cant even make your own towns anymore... nor see inside many buildings...)
the customisable furniture and clothes is pretty good too... (though it seems to be a major thorn in the side of modders)

major downfalls...

eeew... wtf happened to the faces... :S
eeew... why is there absolutely no support for modding...
eeew... lag...
eeew... low res textures... :S

looots and lots of things to complain about... though ive been enjoying the game... sort of... it does tend to crash EVERY 5  angry SECONDS >:/ but i dunno... theres a feel i like... but its definately no sims 2... and i doubt the mods will be there to bring it somewhere close at least... im disappointed at best...

i doubt ea will ever learn their lesson... after all... people still belive in them... and they still make money... for some reason...
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 08:37:44 am »

LVishere

Re: The sims 3, What do you think?
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 01:20:25 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who want to feel like they are exploring sims 3 with 2, go to MTS2 and download the Caliente girls. That is how I enjoy the game. Before then, I wouldn't touch it with YOUR hands. 

Um, I went to MTS@ and looked on every page of sims3 downloads and there were no caliente sisters. I even searched caliente and brought up nothing except Nina twins I uploaded years ago.
Can you point me in the right direction?

SimCoffee

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 08:38:13 am »

A lot of people have mentioned their disgust with the extreme profiteering motive via The Sims 3 Store and rules against modding and sharing those files.

Extreme greed kills, and I think EA killed off the Sims 3 with it.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2009, 08:57:31 am »

For those that are interested MTS2 now has default replacement skins for sims 3. Better grab em before EA. finds out.
Gen_Lee

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2009, 10:44:19 am »

Ok. bought the game today.
 The pros. Flawless install.
 Running with all options set to high at 100Mhz at 1024x768 (Still use an old good 19'ctr monitor)
 Specs. Amd 3core, nvidia 260gtx , 2gigas ram, win xp sp3.
 Running without dvd tks to image burner.(GameCopyworld oblige).
 Using the Mts3 censor removal, instaled the new textures and other mods from same site, all content is showing even if need to install on root game with the cgf txt file included on the censor removal. (this 1 is a package that does not change any game file, btw)
 Everything works as expected.
 The cons:
 The change of the game interface, just need to adjust to it.
 The lack of custom content (But helas the game is less then a week older, lol).
  With the new censorship removal, the image burner and the new body textures Sims 3 is already worth buying.
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2009, 04:39:03 pm »

LVishere

Re: The sims 3, What do you think?
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 01:20:25 am » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, I went to MTS@ and looked on every page of sims3 downloads and there were no caliente sisters. I even searched caliente and brought up nothing except Nina twins I uploaded years ago.
Can you point me in the right direction?

You should have looked closer. It is their house and them. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343157
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 02:10:05 am »

I just had a look at what our cousins at TSR. have been creating in order to get some idea of what I'll be in for if I ever get the game.
The lots are good.
The sims?? Words fail me.
If anyone cares to, check it out and do a comparison between sims 3 and sims 2.
After doing a comparison, for me the answer to this thread is obvious. 
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:35 am »

I love it. YAY

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: