Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:46:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67668 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »

Well, I was not impressed in the least with those Nina and Dina sims on MTS2. The house was very nice, but the sims were lacking. I decided to make my own Nina and Dina. Perhaps I will make them avilable for download in the future.

Whatcha think?

Teh Warmonger

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 12:16:59 am »

IMO

If you people keep ranting about how the game's graphics suck bad and it lags horribly when you turn the settings to max, I recommend you buy/build yourself a new computer, preferably one that handles applications of the 21st century. If you think the graphics here feels a lot like the first Sims game, it's because you've been playing that game for more than 10 years. Get a job, get a life and stop living off your parents.

If you don't like the game, so be it and don't buy it. Don't go in forums like these and post about the game being a complete waste of money. I bought the game and I like it. Not 100%, considering the missing stuff I like to be added and bugs I want removed. If you got something against my idea of liking the game, I don't really care.
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 09:36:48 am »

Everybody here is entitled to their own opinion of the game. If what they say bothers you, don't continue reading. Keep in mind that there are people here who play these games and comment are kids. So be careful of what you say. Personally, I haven't played the game but at least there are posts of constructive criticism about the game and that always helps.  Wink

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
whisperedlitany

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:23 pm »

I think things will get better when mods and such start coming out. I mean I enjoyed playing Sims 1 when it first came out even though it was the base game and then expansions started entertaining me and expansions.

Same with Sims 2, which has had alot, alot of time to grow, alot of updates over the years, expansions and alot of mods.

I'm sure its the same with this game.

I bought it today anyway, despite the negative opinions.

Updates will soon come, and so on so forth.  cool
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 08:55:30 pm »

IMO

If you people keep ranting about how the game's graphics suck bad and it lags horribly when you turn the settings to max, I recommend you buy/build yourself a new computer, preferably one that handles applications of the 21st century...

If you don't like the game, so be it and don't buy it. Don't go in forums like these and post about the game being a complete waste of money. I bought the game and I like it. Not 100%, considering the missing stuff I like to be added and bugs I want removed. If you got something against my idea of liking the game, I don't really care.
edited

I agree that it can get irritating when you make an "I love the sims 3!" thread and receive an influx of  "This game SUCkS!" posts, so point reasonably understood--but as out of place here in this thread as the offending aforementioned "game sucks" post is in the "love the sims 3" thread.

In a "what do you think" thread expect to find all opinions not just the ones you favor.  Your response takes aim at people who answer the question as posed.  So you have, perhaps unintentionally, burst into this thread to rant as inappropriately as the people you take issue with.

As Nikki put it:

Everybody here is entitled to their own opinion of the game. If what they say bothers you, don't continue reading. Keep in mind that there are people here who play these games and comment are kids. So be careful of what you say. Personally, I haven't played the game but at least there are posts of constructive criticism about the game and that always helps.  Wink

I couldn't have put it better.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 11:52:31 pm »

Some people have top of the line computers and still report major suckage on the graphics. Also, you need to keep in mind that not a whole lot of people are so fortunate to have the bucks to be able to go out and have a top of the line computer built, just so they can play a computer game. That is what I think and that is my opinion. I've talked to friends that are playing the game, and I hear plenty of stories about how the stupid thing crashes, it doesn't look so great, it's difficult to manage and all of that. I'm not getting it because to me, it is not visually appealing. I'm also on a boycott against the company because of the crap they've pulled. I won't pirate the stupid thing, either. Some aspects sound interesting, but there's no way in hell that I'm gonna plunk down a chunk of money for something that needs to be modded heavily in order to work right. If I am going to spend that much money, the damn thing had best run correctly right out of the box. My money, my choice. And yes, I do happen to have a top of the line computer so that isn't what is stopping me from getting it. The company and their craptastic record of failure when it comes to listening to what their customers want plus their bloody-minded attitude that all customers are thieves are the things stopping me from getting this thing. I don't want what they have to offer and if anyone is to ask me what I think of something like this game, they're going to get the unvarnished truth. Don't like that? Then go read something else. Have a nice day.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2009, 12:26:05 am »

Woo-Hoo Paden! You tell it girl! Thumbs Up I have the game, and the graphics look terrible, but I am blaming that on my GC, but that's not the point here. The point is that so many people have top of the line computers, and some of them have went so far to exceed all the minimum requirements, and have busted the quota with graphics and the like with custom built rigs, that would sell for thousands of dollars! shocked So yeah, please don't come prancing in here and telling the computer savvy folks, whom do have money and DO have a job to get one or a life, because frankly you don't know any of us, so I find you comment rude and unnesscary, and like Paden if you don't LIKE what others people have to say about the game, then go read something else, or go to another forum. The fact is that the game sucks, and will never surpass TS2, unless its heavily modded and CC'ed out the ying-yang, but like I said if EA will ever get off their lazy a-- and create a patch for the game, perhaps I'll change my opinion, but for right now I don't find it in the least appealing because I am so spoilt with my TS2 CC, and plus I need some more RAM to make the game run more smoother, but the more I play, the more bored I get at seeing the same crap over and over again, and sorry EA but having 20 different things and 50 different colors for them is NOT CC, morons.. tongue
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2009, 01:38:46 am »

Simmers for many, many moons have always worshiped EA, even though the company has let us down in so many ways for so long. Then on top of that insult, they locked down the coding to make it nigh-impossible to modify beyond just minor changes.
Do they not remember the Securom debacle that plagued the Sims 2 (and no, they did not retrofit the Sims series to not have it, even now)? Do they not remember Spore? Do they not care that EA is just in it for the money?
Tell ya what-when EA finally gets it right, they will have lost a majority of their fan base because of their inability to understand what we want-not what EA wants.
They picked a man to develop Sims 3 who did not know what the Sims was, and did not get it-and he admitted it. He did not bother to ask us what we wanted in a game, and then put together a mismatched game of mini-games and challenges-with few of the features that the Sims 2 had made so popular.
He had never played the Sims 2. It shows now. You want to play Sims 3, you're playing the game that Rod Humble thinks it should be-not what you want it to be.
If they really want us to shut up, they should at least ask us to tell them the honest truth-not ban us from saying anything negative about it-which is what they're doing-putting their fingers in their ears and saying "No, I'm not hearing this, and I don't believe you."
Which is why everyone is so loud in their posting-pro and con.
BTW, I'm convinced that some of the  "I love the Sims 3"  reviews on the Sims 3 official site are made up of people from EA who have been paid to post positive reviews, or be fired.
Don't believe it doesn't happen. When a company is that desperate for a hit, they'll do anything to promote it.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 02:39:29 am »

Yes I also have a top range computer, and no I am not a child,yes I too have played the sims since sims 1,as for my opinion of the game. Paden and MaryH answered that one perfectly.
As for buying computers,I don't. If you want a computer to do what you want, then you build it yourself. It's not overly hard.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2009, 05:57:15 am »

As for buying computers,I don't. If you want a computer to do what you want, then you build it yourself. It's not overly hard.

Yeah, that's the only way to go. But in this time and age many people are hard pressed to fork out the money to do so. I certainly am. Wouldn't have thought that last year.
PANDAQUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 04:23:12 pm »

It's okay. I've been doing find with the game.

I'm a little upset that they took out the options that would allow for gay marriages (or civil unions as they are called in the sims 2)

I'm looking forward to the expansion packs. Maybe then, they'll change their mind.

Note to self: Always use DEST edition of Insim...

Don't talk to any toy you don't know!
 -Mrs. Potato Head, Toy Story 2
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2009, 03:36:36 am »

I'm a little upset that they took out the options that would allow for gay marriages (or civil unions as they are called in the sims 2)

So they took that out. Why am I not surprised? Let's hear it for sucking up to the pressure groups.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 06:42:47 am »

I have two women that are each others wives.....
Huh?

gsteinum

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 03:13:53 pm »

in a post by skye: kaching and motherlode WORK!!
i didn't realize that some of the other cheats, provided by prima guide did, in fact work, until i found a post (by papa-di) which explained that by entering "testingcheatsenabled true" (the usual way) many (haven't figured out 'shazaam' yet) of the cheats do work.
admitedly, this response is to something posted much earlier, so you may have this figured out by now.

happy simming.
chuckbuzz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2009, 07:17:23 pm »

I hate this game! EA is pulling off the biggest scam in game history. The Sims in 3 are ugly. The game play is clumsy. I can't believe those greedy b******s expect me to pay for custom content. What a waste of simoleons. I regret buying it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: