Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:38:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67682 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2009, 03:05:15 pm »

So, in all honesty does this REALLY seem like a sims game to anyone else? I think it's more like a damn strategy simulation time trial game, which def. got old for me, given the short amount of time I did play. I mean who really wants to be controlled all the time?! I think in my opinion, if I am going to play a game, it's going to be on my time, and my rules. Nice job EA, you really screwed this generation of the sims franchise up big time! angry

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

It doesn't seem like a Sims game.

But, Sims 2 and Sims 1 were SIMULATION games. They let you play God and basically do whatever you want.

Sims 3 is an RPG, and I can only play the game how EA wants me to. It's such a turn-off for myself. Especially since I can't even make my own neighborhood. The graphics, traits, and seamless neighborhood were some nice improvements, but there are way too many drawbacks that keep me from enjoying this game.

In some ways, I think the Traits are actually more limiting than the zodiac. It's hard to explain though lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:23:55 am by Jasumi » Logged

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2009, 12:53:26 am »

I agree, the cons most def. outweigh the pros in my opinion. You would have to have some sort of super-computer to run the game at peak performance, I suppose. I feel you should buy video games for computers, not computers for video games!! huh
Lira

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2009, 01:06:43 am »

Well, yesterday I wanted to give the game a try and kinda get used to the way it goes. I got bored after 1.5 hours, while I can play Sims 2 all day.
As it was pointed out before - there's really no connection to the previous sims games at all. Sims 2 is all about really building up a game and a "life" for your sim how do you want it and finding something new every time. Sims 3 is absolutely empty, there's only this stuff at home and "Opportunities". Bo-ring.
And btw, the life span makes no sense at all, they grow up and die like crazy o_o.

Don't let to the fear of loose keep you out of competition.
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2009, 12:46:10 pm »

It doesn't seem like a Sims game.

But, Sims 2 and Sims 1 were SIMULATION games. They let you play God and basically do whatever you want.

Sims 3 is an RPG, and I can only play the game how EA wants me to. It's such a turn-off for myself. Especially since I can't even make my own neighborhood. The graphics, traits, and seamless neighborhood were some nice improvements, but there are way too many drawbacks that keep me from enjoying this game.

In some ways, I think the Traits are actually more limiting than the zodiac. It's hard to explain though lol

I've read this time after time. I believe that Pescado even wrote something like this. And perhaps that's the problem in a nutshell. It really does seem to me that Sims 3 is NOT the "logical successor" to Sims 2. They're separate entities, only they have a lot of the same furniture, hairstyles, etc. If someone gets this game expecting "Sims 2 Enhanced", they seem to be a lot more disappointed than those who want or expect a different game.

And I've read posts like Lira's about the more detached nature of the Sims (and gameplay in general) in the game as well. This one comes up time after time, too.

Whether all this is a good or bad thing is up to the user, I guess. But I do confess to thoroughly enjoy controlling my goofy Sims 2 pixel people. I don't like anyone else controlling them. I wonder what real-life psychiatrists and psychologists might say about this! Smiley Between that and my video card and computer configuration limits  (I found out that my new card, while the requirements imply that it ought to work, is actually one of the "trouble cards", so unless EA releases a patch, I might have to wait even longer than a year to consider this game ... oh, well ...), I'm afraid I will have to experience the Sims 3 vicariously for quite a while, no matter what. But that's not a problem for me, Reading about the Sims 3 is extremely fascinating. It's almost like reading about certain celebrities. Some of us try not to look at the unfolding scenario, but we can't resist for long!

By the way, I feel bad for those burned from this experience. I've been there with other games, such as the The Sims 2 for DS. (Shudders. I thought that game was dreadful, and for some reason, my copy was wonky. I got rid of that game ASAP, but at quite a loss.) I am still hoping that EA might do something to make the Sims 3 experience better, and if they do, they might be able to turn this around, but it really does look like EA learned about customer satisfaction from the Colonel Tom Parker School of Customer Service. (He was Elvis' manager, for those who might not recognize the name.)

Note: It looks like the game is $44.99 on Amazon now. What the ... what are they playing at here? Or what game is EA playing at here (no pun intended)? In the meantime, many of the standard-edition games are going for $37 and under on EBay* (the average price went up slightly since the Amazon price increase today), with free shipping.  (Opened, allegedly never-played or played once games usually go for a few dollars less. I saw one allegedly opened, but never played or registered game go for $29.)

*It's very strange ... a lot of the bids are from buyers with feedbacks of 20 or under. Many have 5 and under. Back when I bid for the Sims 2 games, I always had some VERY stiff competition from people with higher feedbacks; most with 50 or more. And the games and expansions had come out several months earlier. It's just strange, that's all. Hey, I can't fault any EBay newbies who really want the game going this route!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:24:06 pm by gazania » Logged
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2009, 01:11:50 pm »

oh don't worry, I will come up wit something big for this game, I got major plans for the sims 3 to destroy that lame skintone which I was turned off on

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2009, 09:11:57 pm »

First of all- EA doesn't give a damn about the customers. They lied to everyone, when they told us that TS3 would run on your granny's computer! I don't know about the rest of you but my grandma doesn't have a 6000$ alien-ware just gathering dust (so to speak) rolleyes I don't know, I am just really turned off by this game, and I don't think EA will ever make this game succeed like they did with TS2. I am disgusted at the overall gameplay, and I feel that if this game will ever be successful and playable, that EA would need to rewrite the whole game, It's just a sad excuse for a sims experience in my opinion. Sad

P.S. Even if I DID have a nice computer that could play this game flawlessly, I still wouldn't play it ever again, because of the new hand of God that is EA. angry
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:17:03 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2009, 09:32:18 pm »

Yeah, my pc can play the game on all High, and the pretty graphics sure aren't enough to keep me playing and interesting. I think EA skimped out on the gameplay.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2009, 03:08:23 am »

Isn't that what people have said about TS2 when it first hit the streets world wide? That there isn't any solid game play or interesting stuff to continue playing?

Sims 3 is barely out, and it's not a month yet.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2009, 03:20:42 am »

That is true. But sims 2 only had a fraction of the problems that sims 3 has.
Also the characters in sims 2 were 300% more attractive than those weird things in sims 3 and that's before the mods came out.
Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2009, 04:32:01 am »

I dig it!  Just be patient...we can make this game work, just like we did with Sims 2. 

If not we can always ship our copies back to EA headquarters in protest. Smiley

Take care Simmers!
Lira

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2009, 09:41:41 am »

Isn't that what people have said about TS2 when it first hit the streets world wide? That there isn't any solid game play or interesting stuff to continue playing?

Maybe you are right, but I remember myself getting a whole lot more impressed with TS2 at first when it came out. Overall, TS2 was a major upgrade from TS1 even without the expansion packs.
Even if you take TS3 as the whole new different game - ok, EA can make it different but still a little bit more exiting. I think EA was just too "pressured" with that big costy release, that they didn't take enough time to actually make it whole different but not dissapointing. There could have been some kind of improved re-release, but as usual it will come as some fatass expansion pack costing more than original game.

Don't let to the fear of loose keep you out of competition.
ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2009, 10:00:32 am »

…HHHEERRREESSS SCOTTY!!! Did you Miss ME!!
Ahem… Anyway.

I do not have TS3 nor have I played it. As such I am not going to enter the debate.

However…

I don’t know whether this morsel of information has made it to this site yet or not, but I thought you’d all like to know that Will Wright has left Maxis… which upon reading some of these posts I would like to reiterate that maxis had nothing to do with The Sims 3, due to spore… …*mumbles under breath* a failure in itself… EA delving hand of corporate greed…
Huh, oh yes anyway… Will Wright has left Maxis along with many of the developers due the Electronic Arts strangle hold and lust for money with its disgustingly ostentatious…
Oh, Er Sorry.
Has left Maxis for dead and is now founding a think tank called ‘Stupid Fun Club’.

(I got there in the end.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:14:56 am by ScottRobin » Logged

I chose to walk the path less traveled...
Now where the hell am I?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2009, 11:02:17 am »

I agree, atleast in TS2 YOU could actually controll your sims, and not have to be punished for not bending to EA's rules when you don't make your sim happy within a certain time limit, I mean like for example this scenario- Sim needs to go visit 5 different neighbors because of their personality within 20 hours or something stupid. consequence- 5 of your sims friends and neighbors die unknown deaths the next day if you fail to conform! I mean stupid junk like that, really burns me up about the game. I feel I have wasted my money, but maybe there will be improvements in later EP's but albeit, dishing out another 8-1000 for another computer just to play both games on one computer, its just redicilous in my opinion. EA should have been straight up with everyone from the beginning and said something like this in their little interview with all the gaming sites, 80% of the people that buy this game, will not be able to either install, or play because of the lack of a super fast computer, oh and make sure you buy a 100$ graphics card/video card so the damn thing will even run, let along install! That's what they should have said, then there wouldn't be so many people out 50$ and pissed because they can't play the thing, but then again the greedy b------s wouldn't have banked 1.6 million copies in there first week of release would they? angry
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2009, 12:57:01 pm »

I remember when I first got Sims 2, I was hooked. It was only the Base Game and I had no CC.

But Sims 3 with it's improved graphics and "improved gameplay" can't even hold my attention.

It's a shame Will Wright left. The game could have been so much better.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: