Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:43:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67634 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2009, 04:03:08 pm »

I think the main issue with this generation of the sims is simply the fact that we are quite spoiled with the amount of CC, that we had in TS2. I know it is for me, but then again my main irk about this game is once again the gameplay. I also totally agree with you. EA has destroyed the sims franchise, I wish MAXIS never would have sold them the franchise. (well..I mean they destroyed THIS sims franchise!) I'm sure the game will get better in a couple of years, but who really has the money to buy or upgrade a new computer to its fullest potential every 6 mo. to a year? not me.. Embarrassed
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2009, 05:12:44 pm »

They truly did destroy the franchise and took the game off into a new direction.

I can only hope another GameDev starts a simulation franchise soon.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2009, 07:35:31 pm »

I think the main issue with this generation of the sims is simply the fact that we are quite spoiled with the amount of CC, that we had in TS2. I know it is for me, but then again my main irk about this game is once again the gameplay. I also totally agree with you. EA has destroyed the sims franchise, I wish MAXIS never would have sold them the franchise. (well..I mean they destroyed THIS sims franchise!) I'm sure the game will get better in a couple of years, but who really has the money to buy or upgrade a new computer to its fullest potential every 6 mo. to a year? not me.. Embarrassed
As I said months ago, treat these minimum system requirements with great suspicion. EA. has toned the game down dramatically to make it somewhat playable on low spec. computers.
The full realisation of what one really requires will become obvious once the CC. and EPs. are available.
To have this game as it should be, with for eg. sims 2 like sims and playable buildings will require a pc. that is well outside the price bracket of the average gamer.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2009, 07:41:47 pm »

I have a high-end PC with 13.02gb of Sims 2 CC. My entire folder is 19gb large. Sims 2 runs fast even with all this. But I doubt highly that the Sims 3 can run at a decent framerate with 13.02gb of data. It's even a little sketchy when I played without any custom content. I can play games like Mass Effect and Crysis on High, but the Sims 3 is sketchy? EA has some explaining to do. lol I wouldn't dare load that game up with 13.02gb of data.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:54 pm »

13. gb. just increases your loading time. Frame rate is governed by how much information your cpu. has to process during game play, ie. the more sims you have active at any one time and how much detail they and their environment have.
This is where the game falls short. A great number of people will not be able to play the game once it starts to reach an acceptable level, ie.bugs and glitches ironed out, more items to interact with, more attractive and detailed sims and so on.
The game could have been great and put sims 2 to rest, however EA. chose to write something substandard that used the sims reputation just to make a quick buck.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:29:33 pm by roerzman » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2009, 03:10:46 am »

Well, when the game has to load a ton of custom meshes my framerate monitor (FRAPS) notifies me that the game is slower than when loading maxis content. That being said, it is normally because custom meshes have a higher poly-count and more texture detail. Catch my drift?

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2009, 04:17:40 am »

Precisely. What future for those 'granny pcs.' that that idiot Humble said would suffice once the cc. comes out, providing the game survives.
Jokerluver

For the Joker and I are meant to be -Jokeress (me)

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2009, 06:44:04 pm »

Dude, I just bought Sims 2 Double Deluxe and I wanted Sims 3 too. But after reading this I'm definitely not getting it. eww. I don't want to anymore. Thanks for posting this...to rescue me from wasting like 20 bucks for a crappyy game. THANKS!  Grin

Admin note: edited out the cussing, please don't use such language in the future.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:44:53 pm by Paden » Logged

Jokeress
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2009, 10:04:59 pm »

if you wait two or three years to get it, there will be lots of hacks, CC, and expansion packs. Cheesy
Me? Im impatient. Im  playing it and pretty much loving it. Theres some REALLY annoying things I want changed, but for the most part its alot of fun and has great potential to be amazing in the future!

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:52 pm »

Probably in two or three years it won't be the Sims anymore, they'll rename it the Humbles.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 04:15:48 am »

^Lmfao! LMAO Yeah, it really is a sorry excuse for a sims game..
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2009, 06:59:51 am »

It's twoo, it's twoo. But then, 2 wasn't much to write home about when it first came out, either. Nevertheless, the mods are cropping up all over the place already.
Lira

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2009, 08:03:19 am »

Mods are making everything more exiting, but unfortunately they can't add too much to the gameplay. I'm pretty much waiting for the new Sims 3 creators, this game screams for new stuff.

Don't let to the fear of loose keep you out of competition.
macheriebabydoll
Fearsome cuddler.

I wonder...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2009, 11:15:33 am »

The game, I thought, wasn't too bad.
 I like the customization options. They make the clothes look, well, not so butt-ugly. The clothes, themselves, however, are pretty bad. I like that we now have a shoe option, but the lack of any remotely cute hairstyles pretty much ruins CAS for me. I'm begging for some CC.
I'd have to say my number one pet peeve with this game is switching active households. I don't want to lose all of my Sims' wishes or whatever! I hate that!
I've been an avid Sims player since TS1, getting TS2 and almost all of its EPs (I thought the stuff packs were a load of crap), and I'd say that they didn't improve much with TS3. Will Wright should have stayed- the game would be a lot better. I just find it terribly ironic that with TS2 everyone was always complaining about Maxis, and now, we wish we could have them back...

Team Edward.
Team I Finally Have A Life.
I write.
"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom." Robert Frost
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2009, 05:14:30 am »

Yeah, perhaps it will be like 2, as expansions arrive, so does new stuff. Stuff packs may show up, as well. Anyway, other creators are busy working on things, after all, the game has only been out in the US for a month or so.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: