Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An anti aging cheat for ONE sim only?  (Read 5217 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
anillee

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:43:32 pm »

So a few hours after bumbling around with my new shiny, I have decided to re-create my favorite Sim character of all time but have encountered one teeny-weeny problem:  I want my Sims to age, but I want to disable aging (at times) for my one favorite Sim.  I know you can turn off aging in the options, but I want the town and other Sims in the household to age on, just not this one particular Sim.  I'd even be happy with something to extend his adult (not elder, which is what I think the life fruit does) life.  Anyone know what I can do, if anything?  Thanks in advance!
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »

So a few hours after bumbling around with my new shiny, I have decided to re-create my favorite Sim character of all time but have encountered one teeny-weeny problem:  I want my Sims to age, but I want to disable aging (at times) for my one favorite Sim.  I know you can turn off aging in the options, but I want the town and other Sims in the household to age on, just not this one particular Sim.  I'd even be happy with something to extend his adult (not elder, which is what I think the life fruit does) life.  Anyone know what I can do, if anything?  Thanks in advance!

I haven't played long enough to have someone age yet (I changed the aging speed to "Epic")  But I thought the manual stated that a sim didn't have to advance age brackets if you didn't want to.  You have to throw a birthday party for the sim to actually change age brackets.  Otherwise they will stay in their current bracket.    At least that is how I read it. Hoever I think the sims you are not controlling will change brackets as time passes.  Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?
anillee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:32 am »

That's not true.  A Sim will age when they meet the number of days required to age, birthday party or not. Sad
eciPretzel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:38 pm »

That's not true.  A Sim will age when they meet the number of days required to age, birthday party or not. Sad

There is one exception to this rule actually.

Turn aging off, no one will age by the passage of time.  However, if you have a sim use a birthday cake, regardless of where their age bar is, you can opt to advance them to the next bracket manually.  In this way, you can control to the minute when who ages, if at all.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:06:23 pm »

That's not true.  A Sim will age when they meet the number of days required to age, birthday party or not. Sad

That is too bad.  Sorry.  They need to reword the manual.  The way it is written it is hard to tell if it is the way I mentioned or the way eciPretzel describes it.
anillee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:24:50 am »

Yeah, I was looking at the manual too and it's a bit vague in that sense.

eciPretzel's solution would be perfect, except the other Sims in town won't age.  Oh well, I'm sure something will pop up eventually.
whitemn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:45:13 pm »

if you hate having a bunch of cake leftovers in fridge you can use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and shift click the sim you want to age manually, w/o the party, good if u have like triplets+twins, and will be their all day celebrating the parties.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:24:06 am »

From what i know life fruit is like elixer of life. the Death bloosum will save you from death when he comes. Meaning if the sims has the Death Bloosum on him when death comes to kill him, He can offer the Bloosum. How long They live after that I haven't found. But I'd keep a floower on me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: