Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:42:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: installation help plsz.  (Read 5679 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:59:48 pm »

i keep getting a error files...but the same error is listed for all

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) (0x17)
could some one plsz tell me what this is and if i can fix it.... Cry

BEV
niknobia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »

i keep getting a error files...but the same error is listed for all

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) (0x17)
could some one plsz tell me what this is and if i can fix it.... Cry

Hi, Bev.

Bad sectors on your hard drive, bad install disc, and hardware can be the cause.

I would first make sure there was actual contiguous space on the hard drive. Download Smart Defrag for free and use deep optimize setting from the drop down box. Windows defragmentor is useless. After defragmenting, the resulting graphs will give you a visual aid to determine how much contiguous space is available. You may have to make room.

Have fun.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:39:37 pm »

Hey, Bev! If the previous fix doesn't work, you might try what I ended up doing. I kept having installation errors as well (it would get to the Sunset Valley.objectCache file and then freeze) so I tried installing in Safe Mode and it worked perfectly! You might give that a shot! Hope this helps!

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:09:03 am »

Hi Everyone, I just found this little gem over at the ModTheSims site, just posted by Delphy, for users having problems installing there games.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

Hope this helps. Wink
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:31:37 pm »

Thats for installing the CC. not installing the game itself
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:41:43 am by Razamataz » Logged
Augiedoggy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:26:38 pm »

crap I though this would help cause I can't get the damn game installed.  I have exchanged it twice at Best Buy, I have passed "can you run it." with flying colors.  The error I get is "fullbuild1.package doesn't match the file in setup's .cab file. The medium which you are running set up from may be corrupt."  Has anyone gotten this message and have you found a fix?  Thanks so much for any help.  This sucks.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:16 pm »

I read that a certain DVD drive is causing problems with installing. they have information on it at the sims 3 site hit the Help link at top right of screen.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:36:15 pm »

Ha-ha, sorry everybody it was like 2 a.m. when I posted that. I must have read it wrong. Sorry about that guys rolleyes
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 07:06:00 am »

Hey, Bev! If the previous fix doesn't work, you might try what I ended up doing. I kept having installation errors as well (it would get to the Sunset Valley.objectCache file and then freeze) so I tried installing in Safe Mode and it worked perfectly! You might give that a shot! Hope this helps!

How do i start in safe mode exactly...i have windows vista so need someone to explain for that...so many explain stuff and it doesn't make sense to me cuz they are using XP ,2000, ect. thanx to all of u for the advice u did give tho

BEV
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:45:29 pm »

Ultimately, starting a computer in safe mode, essentially does nothing. Safemode just starts the operating system from the last 'good configuration' I actually installed TS3 on a Windows Vista computer today for my friend who wanted to play it, and her computer wouldn't automatically install the game, so I had to manually install it by going to "My Computer" CD Drive D: TS3 auto run.exe and it started right up. Have you tried a manual install before, because some computer drives refuse to recognize some game cd's? Undecided
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 12:58:32 am »

Safemode just starts the operating system from the last 'good configuration'

System Restore does that.

Safe Mode starts your game up with the least amount of minimal drivers.

Here's a better description of safe mode:
Safe Mode does not run the autoexec.bat or config.sys files.
Most device drivers are not loaded. A device driver is the software that Windows uses to interact with a piece of hardware, such as a printer or scanner.
Instead of the normal graphics device driver, Safe Mode uses standard VGA graphics mode. This mode is supported by all Windows-compatible video cards.
Himem.sys, which is normally loaded as part of the config.sys script, is loaded with the /testmem:on switch. This switch tells the computer to test the extended memory before continuing.
Safe Mode checks the msdos.sys file for information on where to find the rest of the Windows files. If it finds the files, it proceeds to load Windows in Safe Mode with the command win /d:m. If it does not find the Windows files, it will run command.com to bring up a C: prompt.
Windows boots using a batch file called system.cb instead of the standard system.ini file. This file loads the Virtual Device Drivers (VxDs) that Windows uses to communicate with the standard parts of the computer.
Windows now loads the regular system.ini file plus win.ini and Registry settings. It skips the [Boot] (except for the shell and device lines) and [386Enh] sections of system.ini and does not load or run any programs listed in win.ini.
The Windows desktop loads up in 16 colors and at a resolution of 640 x 480 with the words "Safe Mode" in each corner.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 04:34:35 am »

First to start in safe mode when starting you will get to the Windows Loading Screen(the one with the bar at the bottom) Hit F8.(soon as the bar shows) Then select start in safe mode. 2nd. two others were haveing install problems that we found to be not enough hard drive space an the install would stop somewhere after 50%. So I suggest checking disk space to make certain you have enough room.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:44:33 am by Razamataz » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 04:55:40 am »

My bad..

Well played sir Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: