Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:17:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustrated to tears..and EA refuses to help anyone!!  (Read 12844 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:44 pm »

I am so angry! I went ahead and did it, I bought my game this morning and got it home popped it in and low and behold, I am bomb barded with problems from the get go. First thing I noticed was my game was running extremley too slow even on the lowest of settings. I mean I literally spent 3 hours in CAS choosing what to wear for my sim, because it took I know atleast 15 minutes for the clothes sort to load! angry I haven't noticed anything apparent as of yet but I think this next one is well worth any other bug I could imagine, and quite possibly the most damaging! Everytime I go into either a premade lot or add a CAS sim everything is peachy until I go into build or buy mode and then when I try to direct my sim to take an action she just stand there like an idiot and won't move! I noticed the only time they will move is if THEY want to do something like go to the friggin' library for example.

I went to the official site to try to get some help by registering, and I was mortified to see the pages of help threads posted at the site. I saw 35 pages in counting of hundreds of people literally begging EA for help and not one time has EA wrote back to help any of them! Explode I mean what is this s--t?! Is this some kind of sick joke? I don't find it the slightest bit amusing, that they refuse to help anyone. I am so mad and frustrated I just don't know what to do, I just spent 55$ for this piece of s--t and I can't even play it!

If anyone is interested in the fire storm over at the official site they should go check it out, because you will not believe it till you see it!

I will admit, I screwed up big time and will NEVER give EA another damn dime!

..Happy? Sad
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »

What are your system specs?
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:26 pm »

In reality you need two gig. of ram to run the game. Yea I know what they said, but that's only to play the game, they didn't tell the whole story. Lots of people are having the same problem,freezing, slow frame rate, game crashing in CAS.
As I said months ago, be very careful with these so called min. specs.
Look upon it as a learning curve. 'been there done that"
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:24:02 pm »

I'd say 2 gig with XP, 3 gig on Vista.  If that is the only problem for someone then the good news is that ram is cheap.  If the problem is the video card, it could get expensive.  If its their cpu they will pretty much have to buy a new pc.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »

Not a new PC, so much as a new motherboard. But motherboards are tricky since they may only support certain RAM modules or certain CPU sockets, so you're pretty much right DrunkZombie.

OP: You probably need a better computer.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:36:24 pm »

The older systems will start to fail as the sim population increases, that is unless you constantly check every couple in order to make sure they don't start making little simlets.
DrunkZombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:51:48 pm »

Not a new PC, so much as a new motherboard. But motherboards are tricky since they may only support certain RAM modules or certain CPU sockets, so you're pretty much right DrunkZombie.

OP: You probably need a better computer.

That was my point. Smiley  Although I guess I should have stated that.  Better CPU needs a better motherboard.  New motherboard probably means new ram.  At that point you might as well just get a new pc.  That is why when I build a new pc I sink most of my money into the motherboard and cpu.  You can easily add ram and upgrade the video card later.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »

Yes, that's true.

Just trying to help the OP out with specifics lol

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
MacimesZero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 02:09:09 am »

Sims 3 seems to be a bit buggy so far. My fiancee runs fine on medium graphics settings, but the game randomly blue screens out. In addition, randomly the screen goes black for a millisecond, and comes back much darker. 30 seconds later, the screen goes black again, and returns at normal brightness. No idea why, and there seems to be no repeatable conditions.

On my PC, on the other hand, I had no problems... until one point where I was teaching a Toddler to walk. As soon as she learned, both her and her father (who was teaching her) became stuck in a talking loop. Neither would get up and move, I tried everything. Out of curiosity, I left the game running at high speeds. They wouldn't even DIE, because they could not be bothered to get up and talk to the Reaper. Mildly frustrating. But that was only once, and I have had no other issues to speak of.

EDIT: I should note that I loaded a save, successfully taught her to walk, and they went about their lives normally this time.

Maclimes Zero
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 02:30:20 am »

The problem is the same as always - this game is far too heavy for the technology available to normal users. Yep, you need a brand new computer and this won't help much because no matter how much RAM you feed your computer with, the present systems cannot use them at all. I have 4 gig installed on mine and the game accuses that I have only 2. If I launch the game, quit to solve one of the so many problems, there's no more RAM to launch it again (and I'm not talking about TS3, I'm still talking about TS2). One of the reasons my group insist on not buying TS3 is because we mean that there's not enough technology to support a so heavy game, so bad programmed.
OK, you run and get it because you're hopeless. Now you have to live the same drama lived before - You are going to pay for building up and correct a buggy sub-creation self.
Have fun!
brat1083
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 01:32:46 pm »

the secret is out a web camera of EA tech support

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:23:42 pm by brat1083 » Logged
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:06 pm »

The game is running slow for you because your computer isn't up to date, not because the game "sucks".
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:29 pm »

You can't know for sure unless you know her computer specs first, scarletlady.  Sometimes, even top end computers can have issues like that.  Wink

VennDiagram
Champagne

I Love Feeling Loved

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 06:10:19 pm »

my game works fine on my old laptop the only thing i suffer from is serious serious lag but i knew my video card wasnt up to date when i intalled...but im still waiting for my new computer to ship...the little i did get to play tho seemed ok but alot more complicated....i guess i will know how i feel about the game once i get my new computer
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 04:07:19 pm »

SimGirl I'll help if I can.

If you have space available you can increase the amount of (virtual) ram via your paging file; not a novel solution but it may help.  Also the first time set up is the slowest but it does get a little better.  Just let me know and maybe we can at least get you playing.  Despite going back to my sims 2 game, Sims 3 had some enjoyment to it...some things I love I just wish ran better.   Don't give up just yet, I'm sure some of us can help you get up and running.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: