Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:13:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sookie Stackhouse & Bill Compton from "True Blood"  (Read 7672 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tashajc

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:00:08 am »

I made these myself I was just wondering what you guys thought about them?
Thanks
Tasha

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:52:24 pm »

Great job. Are you going to put them up for download?
tashajc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 03:03:44 pm »

I don't know yet, I was thinkig about it.
Tasha

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:44:48 pm »

I hope you do, you did an excellant job on both of them.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:58:03 pm »

They look great! I noticed Sookie's eyes are the 'right' color, love that!
Mari Grin
edejan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:13:29 pm »

These are good!   I think Sookie's fave must be very hard to sculpt because I've seen several that really don't look like her at all.  Yours has a good resemblance!  One suggestion, maybe make her chin protrude out a little more.  It looks like Anna Pacquin's chin is more prominent in the photo's you posted.  I think your Bill is spot on!  Great jobs!! 
CarolJude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 05:47:50 pm »

These are GREAT! It's always great when people do 'famous' Sims and they actually look like who they're supposed to - and these do!

Please, please put them up!

I hope, too, that you're considering doing some more from the cast. That'd be fantastic.
fanseelamb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 04:14:47 pm »

Taking someone else's sims and changing the skin and eyeballs does not count as making them yourself. Nono2
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 08:31:29 pm »

No, it does not. I will agree on that. This is rather a sticky situation, too. Tasha, how do you explain the uncanny resemblance that your sims bear to the ones created by fanseelamb back in April?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
CarolJude

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 09:45:40 pm »

The noses, makeup, and Sookie's hair look different to me. These look more realistic to me, no offense to the creator of the first set. Are they really identical in-game? If so, then the photos are very misleading.

Just my nearly worthless .02
fanseelamb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:04:28 am »

CarolJude, she downloaded the sims and changed their custom content.... which takes about 3 minutes.  Custom skintones change the look of noses and make sims look more realistic, and we all know how easy it is to change a sim's hair.  In this case she changed Sookie's hair, skin, eyes, brows, and makeup, and -maybe- tweaked the face sculpt a teensy bit.  It's honestly hard to tell since both pics are taken from the side and the second one is very distorted.  But she most certainly started with my sim as a base.  She's even still wearing the shirt I made for her.

Bill is completely my face sculpt, no question.  He's wearing the hair, hair mesh, and sideburns that I made specifically for him.  He's wearing the faint (and admittedly not great) upper-lip and chin dimple that I made for him, and is -only- uploaded with my Bill sim.  He's wearing the same exact Maxis stubble and custom eyebrows as my sim.  He's even wearing the outfit I packaged him in.  She simply downloaded him, changed his skin and eyes, and removed his faint character lines.  That's all.  

In no way, shape, or form, does that count as making them herself.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:29:42 pm by fanseelamb » Logged
CarolJude

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 05:00:44 pm »

Ah, okay, apologies - I hadn't realized they were alterations of original content; it seems like something that's so inappropriate that I hadn't even considered that that's what you were all discussing here. Please allow me to remove my cyberfeet from my cybermouth.

I do dig your Vampire-y ones, btw.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 09:21:40 pm »

Thanks for bringing this up, fanseelamb, it's appreciated. The user in question hasn't been active since early June, after those pics were posted, pretty much, and we'll keep an eye out for them trying to upload anything like them. Content theft is neither appreciated or condoned on this site.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
fanseelamb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 01:46:10 pm »

Thank you, Paden.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: