Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:53:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual Fire?  (Read 1955 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crystalline Sun

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »

On one of my residential lots...I have a fire that won't stop burning.

It's probably my own fault. I put a Bonfire in (the stack of crates that came with Uni) and then I deleted it while it was still burning. I thought the fire would fizzle out after a while, because when I delete burning leaf piles using 'moveobjects on' the fire burns out after a few seconds. But now I have this never-ending, disembodied fire floating next to my house. It doesn't cause anything else to catch on fire, and it wasn't extinguished when it rained and snowed. I tried using the Insimenator ("Extinguish all Fires") to get rid of it, but nothing works.

Any advice? Can I get rid of it?
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:58:52 pm »

You can try this (no guarantees);

Use:

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then Shift-click on the fire and choose Force Error, then choose delete.

Then turn off the cheat:

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false
Crystalline Sun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:51 pm »

Didn't work. =(  Thanks anyway.

It's like the fire isn't even there. My Sims just walk right through it, it isn't picked up by the fire alarm, and nothing seems to affect it or be affected by it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »

You could try both Pescado's (MATY) Lot Debugger and StuckObjectRemover.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:53:34 am »

I've had 'somewhat' perpetual other things, like the tap running when they stopped washing hands, or endless bubbles after washing dishes. I even deleted the sinks and replaced them just to have the water sound go on in the background or the bubbles pop up again. I even had the water effect around the neck from being inside the pool, follow them for a while after they get out. Mmm... I remember one particular sim that loved to clean having bubbles come out of her hands everywhere she went. They go away after a while or if I exit and reenter the lot. Ohh, also, the zzzz after they sleep. Not fire though, not yet.
Mari Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: