Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:01:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My recommendation is to Hold off on the game  (Read 11343 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
brat1083
« on: June 03, 2009, 04:23:01 pm »

You might want to hold off, I still learning to play the game but its going to need some serious cc to get it to look the way you want. The Sims look like something al la Playdought...camera movements are different and the limited cheats. I still learning game but let me say it not a great leap forward.....Let those of us that have it suffer through and learn the thing, save your money for the time being....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:40:54 pm by brat1083 » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:33:31 pm »

Wise decision.

I suppose it is because the Sims 3 doesn't have the same draw as the Sims 2 when it was first released. I suppose it's because many of us have already become accustomed to Sims 2 (and alot of Sims 3's animations and objects are very similar).

I can imagine new customers to the Sims Franchise are very excited about Sims 3. It will be a brand new game to them and hold their interest better than those of us who have expected more.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:45:53 pm »

I'm definitely holding off on the game as I'm not even buying it Giggle
tootx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:53:54 pm »

I brought the game and i must say.....I dont like it!  angry I am really upset i spent money on it. My 8yr old played it and he was like it's not better than 2!
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 06:04:35 pm »

I brought the game and i must say.....I dont like it!  angry I am really upset i spent money on it. My 8yr old played it and he was like it's not better than 2!

If that doesn't tell people the end all story of the game, I don't know what will.

hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 06:08:24 pm »

I pre-ordered, I haven't picked it up yet, probably not till Sunday the earliest. I guess that says it all.

Live Laugh Love
Skruffs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:22:08 pm »

I Picked up the game today.
In my impression, now  you have to remember this is hte stripped down skeleton Base Game.. and in a few years we're going to have all sorts of custom content and expansion packs and who knows whatelse... but in my experience it's a very well held together base game. Obviously it's kind of a shock from having gigabytes of custom content to only be able to use what they give us, but, they basically stripped out the net results of Sims 2 and all it's expansion packs.. well nto all of it but the more sucessful ones, and consolidated it into a new system.

Personally, I *Do* like playing it. The skin tones do NOT Compare to the custom skintones of sims 2 but you have to think, when sims 2 first came out, THEY didn't ocmpare either. Smiley But I Think there's a lot of oppurtunity for people to advance what they want and I for one look forward to it. Cheesy
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:33:52 am »

well, there are a lot of people that would disagree with you brat, don't know that you needed to start a whole new thread about it!

As to mods and CC, well, just look around the community. I've seen at least 3 different tools at various sites, a handy dandy mod already released and working, the first custom default override mesh is in testing so if anyone is holding off because they can't live with the vanilla game then I wouldn't hold off much longer

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:52:39 am »

I have the game, and it's starting to get better now that place like MTS2 are putting out Mods and CC. I've already got a really nice house from there and that helps out lot. I'm still waiting for hairstyles, clothes and the little things that maxis left out like hottubs, pool tables, a slide and diving board for the swimming pools. I'd like to see a hack that allows you to have more personalities and skins, though from what I heard thanks to the sliding tool skins and good looking sims are going to be hard to do, but I have faith in the Sims community that they'll soon find away to do it, and everyone will be modding like crazy.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:36:34 pm »

I was enjoying it, but now all it seems to do is crash on me -- I have lost my people umpteen times. I think I have changed my mind on the whole sims 3 thing.. I say most definitely wait!!

Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »

I have played the sims 3 and i can name off a few things i really dislike say the doughy face sims, and i am holding off on it until they get some good CC and mods for it. But all in all i say its a pretty good game and for those who dont wanna buy it i say your missing out and should at least play it one time lol

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:34 pm »

But all in all i say its a pretty good game and for those who dont wanna buy it i say your missing out and should at least play it one time lol

I probably will at some stage. But 50+ for something vanilla, before the first patch has even been published, is simply too much. 1.0 versions are always bug ridden.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:39 pm »

I'm not about to drop fifty bucks on a game I may only play once, especially in today's economy. We just don't have it to spare and I'm happy and more than content with the game I already have.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
fornax

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 04:48:05 pm »

I have the game, and it's starting to get better now that place like MTS2 are putting out Mods and CC. I've already got a really nice house from there and that helps out lot. I'm still waiting for hairstyles, clothes and the little things that maxis left out like hottubs, pool tables, a slide and diving board for the swimming pools. I'd like to see a hack that allows you to have more personalities and skins, though from what I heard thanks to the sliding tool skins and good looking sims are going to be hard to do, but I have faith in the Sims community that they'll soon find away to do it, and everyone will be modding like crazy.

You mean, those EA swines released the game with swimming pools and they didn't include a diving board, are you sure?  If true, that's the kind of attitude on EA's part that keep adding to the negativity of so many fans of the older sim's games.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 10:31:49 pm »

I would hardly think the lack of diving board was an oversight.Diving boards and other objects that the sims can interact with suck up resources. In order to fit the game into their minimum requirements some of these objects had to be omitted.
No doubt they'll make an appearance soon either via the store or some future EP.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: