Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:15:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: My recommendation is to Hold off on the game  (Read 11341 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katarama

Coolest chick in town

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »

I have the game and I like it. I know there are things we are used to that are not in the game. But, I can wait. There will be eps in the future.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 12:48:06 am »

Which is a sad thing in and of itself because of the way EA Games does such a half-arsed job on their games...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 12:58:20 am »

I would hardly think the lack of diving board was an oversight.Diving boards and other objects that the sims can interact with suck up resources. In order to fit the game into their minimum requirements some of these objects had to be omitted.
No doubt they'll make an appearance soon either via the store or some future EP.

True that the diving boards aren't available in Sims 3, but they probably won't make their appearance if the Sims have the ability to dive from the poolside already. They can either use the ladder or the poolside to dive or get into the pool just fine.

The overall experience isn't too bad for TS3 if Pescado's awesome mod is used the way you want it to work for you if you use the online configuration tool (from the same awesome mod thread at MATY) to set up how you want to play TS3. There are some features that will turn TS3 into TS2 somewhat with aging turned off for Sims outside the currently played household.

BUT, there are some things they could stand to be improved on that won't require immediate attention. I've read about issues people had with stolen children and wondered why their beta testers or guests at that creator's camp thing did NOT catch this bug in the first place?? Who did they hire to test the game - monkeys?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 11:07:10 am »

BUT, there are some things they could stand to be improved on that won't require immediate attention. I've read about issues people had with stolen children and wondered why their beta testers or guests at that creator's camp thing did NOT catch this bug in the first place?? Who did they hire to test the game - monkeys?
Well, to be fair, if you look at the actual guest list of the creator's camp, most of them are morons and other assorted lackwits. EAxis would hardly have invited a crowd of smart people. Smart people wouldn't have told them what they wanted to hear. You will note how easily they succumbed to EAxian brainwashing and quickly turned to regurgitating the party line.

And let's face it: Child abduction essentially represents a corner case of gameplay to begin with: This happened in TS2, too, and mostly wasn't noticed because who the hell lets random strangers handle their kids? In my fambly, we're taught to bite anyone who tries it.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 01:21:21 pm »

In your family, you bite anyone that is near you so that's no proof of safety, that's proof of massively aggressive tendencies that in animals would be taken care of by spaying/neutering. Hey, works on cats and dogs! Cheesy

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »

After only 2 weeks the prices are already dropping. normally you're looking several months.
For those that want to wait just a little longer, it's already on E.Bay starting price $20 US.
If the price drop is constant then by mid next month you should get it for a couple of bucks.
So much for the credibility of the game reviewers that gave this tripe a 90+ score. They'll find it hard to convince the gaming community next time some game developer uses them to promote their next project.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 02:36:46 pm »

I had a babysitter leave carrying one of my toddlers. He didnt come back until he turned into a child and because of his horrible kidnapping expiernce he  came back with trait Evil LOL

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 06:16:26 pm »

In your family, you bite anyone that is near you so that's no proof of safety, that's proof of massively aggressive tendencies that in animals would be taken care of by spaying/neutering. Hey, works on cats and dogs! Cheesy
Yes, but we're specifically trained to bite strangers that try to touch us. Anyone who would want to touch someone else's kid is a pedophile and deserves to be bitten. Plus, being that we are specifically bred for combat, aggressive tendencies are part of the bill.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »

Or part of the ebil that is Pescado and his family line, take your pick. Cheesy

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 10:06:09 pm »

Seeing as the thread has meandered off topic...

Pescado, I heard you were working on a seamless Sims 2 neighborhood mod--is this true?

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:10 am »

Love,love,love the game!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 10:03:52 pm »

Whoa, Nellie!

The price for the "regular" version on Amazon just went down to $39.99. I guess that reflects what a good chunk of people REALLY thought of this game ... more telling, perhaps, than even reviews on Amazon or comments on a message board! The Prima guide is over $6 off, too. The Deluxe version, though is back to $69.99.

A total discount of over $16 for the game and guide ... already? Keep this up, and if you are patient, you might be able to get a very significant discount toward the next expansion ... if you want to play this game.

Interesting.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:12:20 pm by gazania » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: