Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:17:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I the only one who would rather just keep playing sims 2.  (Read 62210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:03 am »

I feel the same way you do, honestly. I just got my game how I like it in Sims 2, over the years with all my clothes and hacks and etc. I didn't really get too excited about TS3. I would rather just stick with what I know is safe...and fun.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
rian90

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 11:44:43 am »

After being called a 'wet blanket' on another forum, its nice to see there are even more of us. I don't think Sims 3 is quite ready for release yet. Maybe someday....
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 11:58:39 am »

I'm the same.  I at first uninstalled all my Sims 2 games (kept all the custom content however) and just like the Sims 2 better.  I can't stand how you have to point and click to move around where with the Sims 2 you just push your mouse.  I wish they kept it the same as the Sims 2 except with the new features and graphics.  *sigh*  Plus my game keeps crashing so....
philocrates

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 12:11:16 pm »

I would have to install Windows [and pay the cost of a complete install disk for it]  beside Ubuntu [free] on the new computer which has the hardware to handle Sims3.  

Frankly, it isn't worth buying Windows and doing a double boot for me. Ubuntu and Wine handle most of the needed programs I have from Windows except high graphics games.  

Besides 3 just isn't that interesting to me.  The old laptop handles most of the Sims2.  I'll keep it on that.
jellystar

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 01:03:56 pm »

before ea even created sims3 they should've asked us the people who play the sims 2 how we wanted the sims 3 to be like
  I second that  Grin

"We, the Cloud will always support World Star Rain"  giggles
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 01:55:01 pm »

I only had double deluxe until the sims 3.  Now I've added seasons and wiped "the sims 0.5"  (as my lil one calls sims3---she thought calling it the sims 1.5 was being way too generous) off my computer.  Thankfully I never uninstalled TS2 because I had plenty of space.  Seeing seasons now, after the slow sims3 (and I have 4 gigs of ram and virtual ram to match) with the non-existent ultraspeed and the weird mouse controls, makes me wonder why anyone needs the sims 3.

For all the freedom it promises the sims 3 ends up feeling incredibly restricted by the rabbit-hole effect and the inability to arrange/create the town the way you'd like it.   If NL had us driving sims to a club and waiting outside filing our nails EA would had been checked for brain activity.  Why did they think doing the same in a so called "free world" would be the slightest bit interesting?   So I can see my sims drive to work...oh yay.

Really my disappointment comes like everyone elses' I think.   Sims three should have opened up TS2's world and allowed us to visit neighbors, walk to "community" lots or drive at the very least.   To me that's how it was advertised.

Even if I see it as a stand alone game if you've ever played TS2 it's hard to stay interested.  I guess I like control over my simmies more than I realized.  If you love Sims 3 I support you but as for me it'll be TS2 until l Pescado et al make the new TS2 version of Sims 3 as it should always have been.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:01:54 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:50 pm »

I only had double deluxe until the sims 3.  Now I've added seasons and wiped "the sims 0.5"  (as my lil one calls sims3---she thought calling it the sims 1.5 was being way too generous) off my computer.  Thankfully I never uninstalled TS2 because I had plenty of space.  Seeing seasons now, after the slow sims3 (and I have 4 gigs of ram and virtual ram to match) with the non-existent ultraspeed and the weird mouse controls, makes me wonder why anyone needs the sims 3.

For all the freedom it promises the sims 3 ends up feeling incredibly restricted by the rabbit-hole effect and the inability to arrange/create the town the way you'd like it.   If NL had us driving sims to a club and waiting outside filing our nails EA would had been checked for brain activity.  Why did they think doing the same in a so called "free world" would be the slightest bit interesting?   So I can see my sims drive to work...oh yay.

Really my disappointment comes like everyone elses' I think.   Sims three should have opened up TS2 world and allowed us to visit neighbors, walk to "community" lots or drive at the very least.   To me that's how it was advertised.

Even if I see it as a stand alone game if you've ever played TS2 it's hard to stay interested.  I guess I like control over my simmies more than I realized.  If you love Sims 3 I support you but as for me it'll be TS2 until l Pescado et al make the new TS2 version of Sims 3 as it should alway have been.

I couldn't possibly agree with you more. That is EXACTLY how I feel about TS3, down to the letter. It's not a bad game, but it's not a good game either. And I just can't see myself getting into something that's so lacking in many areas when I have all EPs and SPs of TS2, plus hundreds of mods that makes my game pretty much exactly what I want it to be. They took "The Sims" and turned it into Maple Story. TS3 is less a "Life/Social Simulation" and more like your standard fair game. Speaking for myself personally, that's in no way the kind of game experience I want.

Loboto-Me

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »

Well at least I feel vindicated about my decision NOT to get Sims 3 until it's at least at the same level as Sims 2. 

My kids (young adults) have been trying to encourage me to get the game since its been released.  I told the kids that the game isn't all its cracked up to be.  Told them of the the problems that people like you all have reported and the low quality reports.  The kids are still trying to encourage me to get the game, saying that I'm just stubborn and attached to all my mods and CC from Sims 2.  I even tried proving my point by showing them the difference between a Sims 2 (vanilla sim) and a Sims 3 sim.  There's still no comparison, the sims 2 sim is much better looking even without CC to help her out.

Now that I read the report here that EA isn't allowing CC, that clinches the deal for me.  If they think I want to keep buying CC from them after spending tons on their game to begin with, they'll be disappointed in me as a customer.  It's sounding more and more to me that they want to be just like the TSR... won't be surprised if EA and TSR get together.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:18 pm »

I got the game as a gift, I've tried playing the game because my Mom bought it for me and well like some other people have said. She and Dad are pressed for cash so buying this was a stretch for her, and no matter how hard I try, either by seeing it as a stand alone game or the next generation I can't get into it in the least bit.

The so called free world sucks and it's more restrictive than in the Sims 2, I mean seriously i sent a sim to go have dinner out and had to watch the lovely little bubble with her face on it while she stayed inside for ever. The neightborhood it's self isn't attractive and I don't know maybe it's just me but it reminds me of the neighborhood in the Sims 1. In a lot of ways it feels like EA regressed with this game, and honestly if I could get the money back I so would. I mean seriously I have a seven year old, he took one look at the game, wrinkled his nose and then walked away from the computer. He wasn't impressed with it in the least bit and then he's spent the last twenty-minutes telling me that he didn't like it.

Yes it has some good things, would I liked to have seen the personality traits in the Sims 2 like what Sims 3 has, yes yes I would have but I can do without them if it's at the risk of having some craptastic piece of fluff that appears to have been months away from actually being able to be released to the public though this isn't surprising that they put out something that isn't finished and other people have to fix the mistakes that they've made. It's classic EA behavior.

I'm just not happy with the game, maybe after it's had a while and it's been tinkered with some more I'll try it again but for now i think I'll just stick with the Sims 2 and leave it at that.

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 07:01:51 pm »

I only uninstalled because I only have so much disk space, but I didnt delete anything. I backed everything up on my external hardrive including my neighborhood, my houses i personally built, some of my faveorite houses i downloaded, all of my hacks, hairs, clothes, i kept all my replacements. I even packaged all of my families. Just incase i do decide to go back.

The Sims3 is new I have an open and a hopeful mind that in the comming months someone clever will find a way to reproduce all the hacks we know and love in the Sims2 carried in The Sims3. and now that we know how well the sims2 turned out with all the hacks and cc we could have a better idea of how to improve on something that was created in the sims2 to put it in the sims3.

I dont have anything negative to say but it is only the beginning and we just have to wait awhile for creators to get the hang of the game and see if the game can be modded. I already have the no blur nudity hack and HP's improved shine on the skintone so its only a matter of time.
ghettometalchick

If I could sleep forever...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:30 am »

I think the most ridiculous thing about the Sims 3 is that it declares itself a part of the Sims franchise. There's absolutely nothing new or interesting about the game, save a few tiny things, and personally, I'm just completely pi***d off that Maxis would rather release a whole new game than finish what they started with the Sims 2. (all of those annoying bugs they didn't even fix yet, and probably won't.)

But maybe that's just EA for us...

Admin note: Watch the language.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:48:17 pm by Paden » Logged
cwf1701

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

maybe parts of the game seems to be rushed? and the other annoying thing is that you are forced to play one family when you start. in sims 1 and 2, you could play any house in the neighborhood (and in no order). so you could start in sims 2 for example with Don first, then the pleasants. with free play, i could have it where i could do a story where over time, Bella and Mortimer would end up hating each other by playing both houses. kind of makes me wonder if they learned their lessons from SCS and Spore.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »

I think the most ridiculous thing about the Sims 3 is that it declares itself a part of the Sims franchise. There's absolutely nothing new or interesting about the game, save a few tiny things, and personally, I'm just completely pissed off that Maxis would rather release a whole new game than finish what they started with the Sims 2. (all of those annoying bugs they didn't even fix yet, and probably won't.)

But maybe that's just EA for us...

I have to correct you there, on account that as of 2008 there IS no more Maxis. Maxis was bought by EA, and all of it's employees absorbed into other development houses. The Sims 3 was developed by two totally different dev-houses, Visceral Games and EA Black Box, both have released crap games the last 4 years. (EA Black Box being ripped across the net having totally ruined the once famed Need For Speed franchise of games.) So in essence, Maxis and Will Wright had nothing to do with The Sims 3's development. Not even remotely. The game is a "Sims" game by name alone. But in spirit, it's just EA's attempt to cash in on a Franchise it at 1st only published. They effectively took a series that had loads of potential and turned it into something horrid. Like taking a Med-School student and turning her into a Street Walker. All TS3 brings to the table is forced Legacy gameplay, shoddy looking game models, pay to play CC and a host of other problems. There are merits to the game, don't get me wrong. But when the best thing you here people talking about TS3 is the scenery, you know there's something woefully wrong. It's going to take years for The Sims 3 to even remote come close to what The Sims 2 has to offer. And even then I doubt it ever will. Not unless EA makes wholesale changes to their entire strategy behind it. They won't in the near future, but once they see in a year or two's time that The Sims 2 is still overall making more money then The Sims 3, DESPITE the fact that TS3's CC has to be paid for, they'll change up their song. Count on it.

skeletalscreams

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 05:58:52 pm »

I haven't bought the game or played it yet, but here's the thing I'm seeing. A lot of people are looking at this as an "upgrade", uninstalling Sims 2 and installing Sims 3, then getting disappointed. Personally, if I decide to buy it and give it a try, I'm not uninstalling Sims 2, because it's not the same game. It's a different game, based on the Sims franchise. Is everyone uninstalling the Sims 2 because they need the hard drive space, or do they honestly think 3 is going to replace 2?

I'm looking at them as two separate games. One does not replace the other.  

In no way am i replacing sims 2
but like you said i need hard drive space
on the count that i have all the sims2 games
amount other things
=(
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:59 am »

beatles they did there were loads of polls and things but ea apparently just ignored everyones opinion and did what they wanted its a case of if you aint gunna luisten dont ask with the sims 3 ea has ticked alot of people off and greatly disappointed them i'm currently waiting to get a new laptop before i buy it so it could take months for me to get it so i have to wait and judge it for myself but from the sounds of things i might just wanna stick to the sims 2
 shocked

Admin notice: I edited your post for swearing and if you do it again, you will get a warning. Also, please take the time to make sure that things are spelled and punctuated so that people can understand just what in the world you're trying to say to them.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:14:28 am by Paden » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: