Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:47:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I the only one who would rather just keep playing sims 2.  (Read 62208 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
ladyshy

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:56 am »

I mean it's great to have new things and all, but I can't get in to TS3. Playing only one family per neighborhood not being able to see inside the any other buildings. I had so many hopes for this, now I feel like someone stole my puppy......... Cry
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:53:47 am »

Moved, since this seems more like a discussion topic than a help question.  And trust me, you're not alone... Wink

tigermax

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:54:20 am »

No, your not! I feel ripped off! Cry
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:00:10 am »

I can't answer that in comparison to TS3, but I'm not buying for the moment. Vanilla games fail to interest me. It's the modding community that makes gaming interesting. If there is a considerable amount of modding going on (if EA drops the modding ban that is) I will reconsider.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:34:03 am »

You are not the only one-I've been against "upgrading" to Sims 3 ever since they announced it, because of EA's past track record of recent years-Spore and Sims Societies to name but 2 of their most notable "non-starters".

From all that I've seen and read on many, many forums, there are a lot of problems just playing it, let alone enjoying the game. I've read thread after thread on the official site forum where players are just so unhappy and feel "ripped off" for having bought the game.

True, it is the first of what will probably become a large series-if EA takes matters into hand and fixes the numerous problems that plague it right now.

You are not alone. I've got my Sims 2 installed, playing and not a bit disappointed at not having gotten Sims 3.
Perhaps if and when the game gets improved and modded that will change-but for right now, be happy that you're playing your game, your way.

I believe that many people are regretting having uninstalled their Sims 2. I think that they will be reinstalling it pretty soon, and abandoning Sims 3 as a waste of money and time.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:39:41 am »

I've said my opinion several times now, and I can say that you're definitely not alone in not being enthustiastic about sims 3 (or sims 1.5  alpha version tongue). I've not tried it yet, but after what I've seen, it's not much to brag about. But I'll wait and see about the modding...

the scenery looks more or less fantastic, but the sims looks like they were made the last week before release...

My modded sims2 game looks way more fantastic than sims 3, so I'll stick to it at least for a while yet.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:52:14 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:44:26 am »

I haven't bought the game or played it yet, but here's the thing I'm seeing. A lot of people are looking at this as an "upgrade", uninstalling Sims 2 and installing Sims 3, then getting disappointed. Personally, if I decide to buy it and give it a try, I'm not uninstalling Sims 2, because it's not the same game. It's a different game, based on the Sims franchise. Is everyone uninstalling the Sims 2 because they need the hard drive space, or do they honestly think 3 is going to replace 2?

I'm looking at them as two separate games. One does not replace the other.  

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Alotta Paine X2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:18 am »

The first time I played the Sims 2 I didn't go to work for 3 days. I was hooked. I play The Sims 3 a few hours a day. If that.

You are dominant, vain, and a bit of a show off. To know you is to worship you.
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:29 am »

since the sims 2 came out i'vce been desperate for themto make it but now i'm torn
its out tomorrow so i'm going to buy it and at least give it a chance but if it fails to impress me then i'm afraid it will be sims 2 all the way but i mean alot of people felt the same about the sims 2 until the eps and sps were reasleased so i'm still not sure only time will tell
 Star Wars
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 08:55:24 am »

The first time I played the Sims 2 I didn't go to work for 3 days. I was hooked. I play The Sims 3 a few hours a day. If that.

There's a difference. Maybe it's the same with you. TS2 was the first Sims game for me. I watched it being modded and grow. TS3 doesn't grip me, since I know what the vanilla version of TS2 looked like. It kept me hooked for a couple of weeks, but if there hadn't been any modding that would have been it.

So, as I said. I'm not going to buy unless some serious modding starts.
Alotta Paine X2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 09:12:24 am »

I was listening to Opie and Anthony years ago. (In NY, they are now on Sirius XM) anyway, Opie was talking about a game he's playing. The Sims. He said he was waiting for his Wife to go to work so he can invite his hooker GF. (My eyes bugged out of my head) He gave her a gift and they started kissing when his wife comes in, and catches them.The wife slaps him and his hooker gf.  I immediately went out and bought The Sims. OMG how awesome was that game. I played the vanilla game and loved it.(later I learned about mods/hacks)
The Sims 2 I was hooked from the start. It was a big leap forward. I think the First hack/mod we all got was no censor. It was still fun to play, even with all the bugs and it being vanilla. I can't speak for anyone but I believe some people are jaded by EA. (don't blame you) They promise and don't deliver. They lie, they put things that may harm you computer. They make a bare bones game, so they can rape you, later.(The Sims store) The game has some good things, but EA's hunger for money left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth.  I like the game. Once EPs and Mods,hacks/skins/etc etc. The game will be great. I think people were expecting the game to surpass The Sims 2. Like The Sims 2 surpassed The Sims. IMO.

You are dominant, vain, and a bit of a show off. To know you is to worship you.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 09:22:08 am »

You definitely aren't alone. It's really not even about Sims 3 being vanilla at the moment to me, either, because I never had hacks or anything special in my Sims 1 game that I bought when it came out, and when Sims 2 came out, for years I never had hacks or that much custom content and still loved it enough years later to finally go on downloading sprees.

Sims 3 just looks terrible. I've not seen one photo that impressed me. Sure, I think the different traits would be neat, but that's the only thing that Sims 3 has that sparks my interest in the slightest. And reading how everyone is disappointed and is having trouble playing, after spending so much money ...

Sims 2 it is for me. I haven't grown sick of it yet and I have no desire to add on Sims 3.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 09:24:02 am »

I think the obvious downer for me is that it doesn't seem that different from Sims 2. (other than the textures, few new additions to gameplay, and other stuff... not to forget those cursed, evil eye skins... Angry)

Coming straight from Sims 1 to Sims 2 was a drastic improvement in almost all the areas... the look, the gameplay, and even the creation aspect with Bodyshop and Homecrafter in the very beginning was addictive, though there were still things missing that many of us had hoped to see from the earlier previews of it.  (Fire-breathing, fan-swinging toddlers anyone?  Evil tots whacking people with foam baseball bats? Babies with clothes and hair, not including current modifications? Yeah...) I think a lot of us were expecting the same drastic change to happen for the third installment, and inclusion of all the "missing" things we had hoped to have in the previous two games.  Needless to say, from what I'm reading and seeing, it's not what some people have hoped for.  But it's good for those who just insist on playing... strictly for the inner "gamer" in people.  

So to summarize, I'm also one to acknowledge this as a completely different, should've-been-made-for-consoles Sims game instead of a proper sequel to the franchise. Tongue  For those having fun with it, keep on doing so.  Maybe the rest of us still with Sims 2 will eventually come around, but it's going to be a while until that happens.   For those disappointed in the game, I'm sure people will think of some new things to do with Sims 2 eventually... even if EA doesn't want to anymore.  Or you could wait around and see what the rest of the community will do in the coming months to make Sims 3 better.  Cheesy

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 09:39:02 am »

Or you could wait around and see what the rest of the community will do in the coming months to make Sims 3 better.  Cheesy

That's what I intend to do. Especially since I'm spoiled by the endless possibilities of modded TS2. I simply can't imagine to go with anything EA intended to be played by 8+ anymore. Even more so when I think about the crybaby reactions when Sims get into a fight or something isn't to their liking. Not even the modding community could root that evil out and I shudder to think of what EA had in store in this department for their new installation.
Beatles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 10:35:46 am »

before ea even created sims3 they should've asked us the people who play the sims 2 how we wanted the sims 3 to be like
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: