Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:20:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I the only one who would rather just keep playing sims 2.  (Read 62220 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Augiedoggy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 11:36:29 am »

EmbarrassedI am just about to thrown in the towel on this game and feel really ripped off.  One family per game?  That seems like step backwards!  I think things are really hard to place I constantly have to use the arrow keys to turn things the right way.  I think the sims are so ugly no matter what you do with the fancy controls.  Sims 2 rules compared to this crap.
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 12:14:28 pm »

The lack of good hair, clothing, and objects, eyes,and skintones is what bugs me the most. I mean we've been absolutely spoiled when it comes to they way things look and the Sims 2 and let's face it the Sims three is a huge step back. Open ended neighborhoods isn't enough to make this game likeable, and while it's nice to see so many houses made for the Sims 3, it's now become a bit redundant. I've gotten to the point where I'm sick of downloading houses. I want clothing and hairstyles but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.  Every time I see new stuff from the Sims 2 I suffer from serious Sim envy.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
Dsydk11

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 12:45:43 pm »

I'm staying with the Sims2 until I see Sim3 guys who look as good as Marvine's Athletic Guys and the Slim bodybuilders I have populating my Sims2 Neighborhood. 
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2009, 01:14:21 pm »

I'm staying with Sims2 till Pescado turns TS3 into a TS2 game and see Ephemera, Eclipse, Enayla and other talented simmers creating CC. 

In the meantime I *might* decide [at last] to create a story-like thread on the photo section here. (I will need time and patience though.)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
honestsim

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 11:49:44 am »

i got the ts3 for a bday present and then got a new comp aswell becuz my 6yr old comp died. so i have played ts3 once it is ok but im about to reinstall ts2 i love ts2 im addicted.
Datblkricanboi

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009, 01:57:53 am »

Im sticking with TS2 its much more to do and looks better even though TS3 has this opened neighborhood its just not enough to even out all the other bad things besides TS2 is  still bomb Rock

"I just wanna be successful"
fairymama

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 12:42:58 pm »

I am so glad I have read this forum on the sims 3.  I have no interest in buying thr game and now I feel vindicated.  Is it just me or do any of you feel alone in your opinions?  I feel outnumbered and I'm wondering if it's a marketing ploy.  If we feel like we're the minority then EA wins.  I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been playing the sims for years would give it all up for the sims 3.  I am too much of a control freak to be even remotely interested in the sims 3.  I was horrified to learn about the rabbit holes and only being able to control one family at a time.  That alone put me off from buying the game.  The saddest thing about this game is that my favorite sims 2 sites are slowly turning into sims 3 sites and I really don't understand how they could do that.  It's not just about the ugliness of the sims and their bad hair it's about the gameplay itself.  I just would like to know how many true sims fans have gone over to the dark side. Star Wars
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2009, 03:17:58 pm »

Yes it is a marketing ploy, and yes they are dam good at it.
Companies like EA. hire experts to convince the public that their next release is the greatest thing ever and you won't be able to live without it.
Most of the sites will eventually go from the sims 2 to sims 3, or the humbles as I choose to call them.

mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2009, 05:21:57 pm »

I was a late starter with The Sims, so I got it all in one package (the complete collection or some such) so it was very easy for me to fall in love with the game and see all at once, everything it had to offer. Then of course I discovered cc!!! By that time TS2 was already out and on its 3rd or 4th exp. I waited as long as I could to switch and believe me I never looked back. My Downloads folder is slowly but surely taking over my remaining hard drive space. At this point, I'm not going to switch to TS3 and try my luck with it. I think I can wait until it shows some promise and modders are well on their way to change it to something I would want to spend my time on.
Until then I'll monitor its progress and enjoy playing TS2 Cheesy
Mari
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2009, 08:53:41 pm »

It's not just about the ugliness of the sims and their bad hair it's about the gameplay itself.  I just would like to know how many true sims fans have gone over to the dark side.

A lot of them, and they've found out in their haste to try the new goodies what they have traded Sims 2 in for. Read the Sims 3 BBS sometime for a real eye-opener; there are at least (as of today) 30 pages + of complaints of the game crashing on rigs that exceed the game specs, and assorted brokeness.

Check it out for yourself:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/list.page;jsessionid=8412029802CC318EF90E1F4BD14DD3C4

There are entire threads devoted to petitions to change the game radically, and to change it to something that resembles Sims 2. Of course EA is not hearing or reading the threads or complaints, so almost everyone is angry about that. Great customer responsiveness, for sure.

Of course EA states that they're not to blame for anything that goes wrong in the game: "You bought it, you own it. Too bad if it doesn't work...you can't return it for a refund. Thanks for the money. Oh, and check out the Store, while you're visiting us."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:06:54 pm by MaryH » Logged

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:41 pm »

Amazing Isn't it, the Huh? were actually silly enough to send EA. money for virtual junk and now they can't install it.
The update is worthless it addresses nothing.
Install CC. and the game crashes. Yea yea I know, when the sims 2 was first released and blah. blah. I got sims 2 a month after its launch, problems? one or two, but nothing that compares even remotely with the issues surrounding this so called game.
I'm certainly not playing the game and probably never will, that is unless EA. tosses this thing to the garbage pile where it belongs and rewrites the whole thing as a proper extension of the sims, and gives us back our game.
As it stands now, it's just some half baked, ugly, ill constructed and written imitation of what once was a dam good game that is trying to attach itself to that games popularity.
skybird

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 04:46:11 am »

Been playing Sims 3 for a month and going back to Sims 2 now or even better buy a new game but no clue what game that should be  huh

I must say Sims 3 plays better on my PC than Sims 2 but I think in Sims 2 I have a 'bit' to many mods and stuff Grin
But as said already so often Sims 3 is a big step back. It feels to me Sims 1  with a facelift but Sims 1 was a little revolution and I loved it. When Sims 2 came out that one looked way better then 1 even when gameplay was still hmm....

In 3 I find the sims ugly ugly and more ugly and only 1 skin oh dear.  Headwall
My sims look way way better in Sims 2 and I speak for all ages. Did any of you see for example 1 pretty face yet?

If I make one boy and girl child then it stops. All the others look the same. YA and A I dont really get the point they are almost 100% the same. Yes they have another skill who cares... I played 2 YA and they both are at max level at work and I didnt cheat at all.

I expect for each new version the game to become better and prettier (and as least as good as the version before)
And like others said no excuses that mods took also a while before they entered the game. My point is those 'old' mods should have been in the game in the first place.

I feel ripped off by EA. I wont happen again soon... They might go bust anyway and then maybe some other company takes over the franchise and makes something players want. We might get a rated 18+ Sims at last  Grin
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:48 am »

Grin Wow, am I ever glad I didn't buy Sims3. I didn't read all the posts, (shame on me) but I read enough and have heard enough from friends that I'd made up my mind before it was released not to bother with it.
No way do I want to play without Marvine and Beosxboy's gorgeous bodybuilders. Add to that the missing Warlock ladies, and how utterly boring I would find the game.
Sims3 sound like it has way too many limitations for me.
On the positive side, at least I don't feel like EA ripped me off.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 08:18:15 am »

I've heard a lot about sims 3, and i'd a whole lot rather stick with sims 2 because of all the mods and CC that sims 3 doesn't have yet.
chuckbuzz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 09:12:18 am »

I felt the same way about the Sims 3 at first. I thought it stunk. Then I played it for awhile. The game is so much more a game. There are millions of things a sim can do. For example, just in the skills a sim just doesn't master a skill. He goes beyond that. He needs to use his mastered skill to reach more and more levels of mastery. It takes a very long time to reach the top. there is no way a sim could master to perfection any skill unless you would disable aging or put the lifetime to epic. The challenges are quite entertaining too. I thought the sims themselves were butt ugly but I have been able to create some very realistic and beautiful sims ( and believe me, I'm no modder!). I've also seen some beauties on the exchange and other sites. EA told the truth when they said this game opens up your sims to an entire world.
Give it a chance. You'll never know unless you try it.

ps. I have uninstalled the Sims 2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: