Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:42:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I the only one who would rather just keep playing sims 2.  (Read 62864 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:52 pm »

^ That's boring and stupid in my opinion. I hate being controlled, and I hate forcing my sims to do something they don't want to do. Wow, lets force this sim to reach the top of the medical career. I'm sorry but I like to actually allow my sims a life. Life isn't all about work EA! GAH Ha-ha you uninstalled TS2 to make room for the game, like I did or did you just want to replace the game like we all did with TS1? Wink
CybOrSpasm

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 04:23:34 pm »

Nope, I wasted my money on Sims 3, played it for a week, then put it on Craigslist with 12 other people. I then reinstalled Sims 2 and all my mods! EA needs to pull their head out of their you know what, and start listening to what WE want!
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2009, 04:47:44 pm »

my bf pre-ordered it for me, which was very sweet of him considering my addiction to the sims 2. but i was weary and never uninstalled TS2, i am glad i didnt. he plays the sims 3 occasionally since he lives here, but for now im sticking with 2.

Poke2 = GAH2
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 05:45:21 am »

Yup, and eating life fruit will work quite well if you don't want to set the aging to epic. That way your sims can outlive their enemies.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2009, 09:19:23 am »

I was actually playing the game today again. Undecided

I really don't see what the fuss is about aside from better graphics and short loading times (but I'm sure those loading times will increase when CC comes out). I found myself trying to sneak off onto the internet or cook or have some excuse to get away from the game XD lol My subconscious is telling me that it's pretty boring.

4/10 for me. I stopped playing in about 40 mins. Only about 20 mins of actual gameplay since I kept sneaking off lol

But that's just me. Some people are addicted to the game. I don't see how....

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
pnut0619

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2009, 11:38:37 am »

Well, I still have Sims2 installed and I don't think I'm going to get the Sims3... Undecided  I'm too in love with the Sims2  Grin  plus I just reinstalled my freetime ep and that's like starting over from scratch which is fun to me  Cheesy I am finding so many other things that I didn't have before and that is the coolest part  YAY.  What I will do is catch up on stuff packs..I'm kinda behind  Sad  my last stuff pack is H & M & my last ep is freetime. I am not ready for the sims3.  The Sims2 has captured my heart and hide the key  Rock

Always A Lady
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 12:40:01 pm »

@chuckbuzz :

I felt the same way about the Sims 3 at first. I thought it stunk. Then I played it for awhile. The game is so much more a game. There are millions of things a sim can do. For example, just in the skills a sim just doesn't master a skill. He goes beyond that. He needs to use his mastered skill to reach more and more levels of mastery.
Excuse me, but if I want to reach levels of mastery I can play NWN2 or BG2 or whatever else all right. I have no need of The Sims for that.

The challenges are quite entertaining too.
Sorry, but I find Final Fantasy challenges more entertaining.

I was actually playing the game today again. Undecided

I really don't see what the fuss is about aside from better graphics and short loading times (but I'm sure those loading times will increase when CC comes out). I found myself trying to sneak off onto the internet or cook or have some excuse to get away from the game XD lol My subconscious is telling me that it's pretty boring.
You sound like me every time I have to study for my Chinese lessons -- suddenly I feel hungry, sleepy, need urgently to visit the loot, and things like that. Cheesy  I think you should unistall it from your pc instead of pushing yourself to... get used to it.

4/10 for me. I stopped playing in about 40 mins. Only about 20 mins of actual gameplay since I kept sneaking off lol
Ha! I beat you there. I played for a whole 30 minutes -- thinking back that game session gives me the creeps. Boooooring. 

But that's just me. Some people are addicted to the game. I don't see how....
Maybe they don't see any difference between role-playing and soap-opera games?

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2009, 01:11:37 pm »

As has been said many times, there is no need to bash people or be patronizing toward them for liking the game. Everyone else has been allowed to say why they hate it. Chuckbuzz, or anyone else, is allowed to say why they like it. You can like or dislike it all you want, but please be civil about it or this thread will join the others that have been locked. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:55 pm »

No bashing and no patronising at all, sorry if it came across this way. It was just my counter-argument -- I'm sure people who already love the game won't let anything be on their way to TS3 bliss.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »

I think it's as others wrote before (I can't take credit for it) ... the Sims 3 appeals to people who like certain challenges and aspects of the game. For instance, unless some modders change the configuration ... and yes, I have faith that someone will figure out how one day ... if you want a Milla Sim, a "normal" Sim, an Athletic/Bodybuilder Sim, a C-cup or larger female Sim in one house, you are going to have an awful hard time doing it. If you don't mind not having that wide a range of detailed shapes in your game (and many don't, since in Sims 2, that took an awful lot of mB!), you'll probably think the variety out there is fine. Some may be perfectly happy to alter the shape using sliders.

If you love building strange or custom-built houses on a variety of lots, you might have a hard time with this game for the time being. I like the challenge of trying to build and landscape a house on an out-of-the way hilly lot or making a house on an "island", for instance, using the wonderful neighborhood camera mods out there to expand my choice of sites even further. If you like all different styles of furniture a la Tarox, the new game might be limiting at present.

If you tend to get bored playing the same group of Sims for days, this is probably not the game for you at the moment. I enjoy flitting between families and making them interact with each other. I have at least a dozen families in most of my neighborhoods at any given time. Right now, I have only up to Seasons. If I have a dozen families in Riverblossom, five dorms in Uni, a dozen families Downtown, and a dozen families in the Shopping District, that gives me 41 different families to play with. And yes, I visit almost each household at least once or twice. (There are a few households that are slated for the cowplant, though, I admit!) I can't imagine playing with just a few households.

But if you enjoy focusing on a smaller group and meeting certain challenges concerning its members, and focusing on just this group, this game might be just fine. And that IS just how some people like it, and to reference an old song, it's their "prerogative".

I do admit, though, that still, I've never seen a Sims game before with such polarized groups on a forum. Was Sims Online this polarized? I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:00:23 pm by gazania » Logged
sonda

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2009, 05:13:32 pm »

Hug2  You know I felt exactly the same way when I first started playing it, but I gave it a go and now I absolutely love it. Once again it's the first thing I think of when I wake up. The people are a bit iffy with the way they look and walk but they can do so much now, they can head off for a walk pick up things from the ground and go home and plant them. I dislike not having other hair because they are so basic but i like being able to change the colour and texture of everything from hair ribbons to earings and clothes and furniture, my girls have pink everything. It's funny to see the men in a pink hello kitty tshirt (from Mod the sims) and having the boys in pink bunny slippers. If you haven't given it a chance for more than 2 days to feel your way around then you may be ripping yourself off. Some are going to give a a couple of days and still not like it because of the quality we had with sims 2 but thats ok. Each to their own!
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2009, 05:28:50 pm »

The Sims Online was a marred and utter failure, a fact that EA has owned up to thankfully. The Sims 3 on the other hand? Not so much. It'll take a while, but eventually they'll own up to the fact that they have egg on their faces. Hell, the game's been out a close to a month now and just last night I saw a TV spot for it. A MONTH later. You figure they'd be advertising the hell out of since last year when they announced it. But that's a rant all to itself that I'll save for another post. The fact of the matter is this, like I said in the past, The Sims 3 is only "The Sims" in name alone. It only carries but a small bit of the aesthetic elements of it's predecessors. (Emphasis on the world "small".) They made the game more of a "game" with goals to achieve then a sandbox "dollhouse" kind of game that allows you to make what you want of it. That might be fine for most, but more people tend to lean to what TS2 had to offer. In NO WAY was TS2 perfect. But in comparison to what's available and the overall feel of TS3, people are realizing that TS2 ain't as bad as they thought. What I love most is how all the folks who praised TS3 as being the 2nd coming of gaming heaven, and how they're totally done with TS2 are now on forums crying foul about how they wasted their money, and all over the place in WCIF sections trying to retrieve links to TS2 CC they foolishly got rid of. Cracks me up every time I read such a post. Will the game ever reach the level that TS2 has? Eventually. But as I've said in posts before, that's going to be YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS down the road. 4, 5, maybe even 6 years from now. We didn't start seeing the balls out, kick ass CC for TS2 until about 2007, and the base game was releases in late 2004. That's with TS2 being open source. The closed source coding of TS3 is a tough nut to crack, and while their are modders who are tirelessly trying to do so to this moment, it's going to take a bit longer for more ambitious and visually appealing content to be released, unless it's from EA that is. All in all, I still stand on the fact that the game has potential. But it's going to take a long time for that potential to be realized, and by the time it is...I'm afraid it may end up being to late for it to even matter. But in the end, we still have TS2. Cheesy

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »

I think a lot of people are comparing the TS3 base game to TS2 and all of it's EPs and SPs. Compare it base game to base game, and this base game, in my opinion, offers more for sims to do than the TS2 base game did. I just got the game on Friday and, I'll admit I was nervous, but then I decided to go into it not expecting a thing. I've spent more time giggling my backside off at my insane, kleptomaniac, daredevil, evil, athletic sim doing the "Watch this" interaction to other sims, which entails her scooping up a handful of whatever's on the ground and eating it. There's so much potential for hilarity with her. She doesn't just drink juice, she drinks evil juice. Nor does she just jog. She extreme jogs. She wears what she wants, so she goes (extreme) jogging in a dress and high heels or wears her bathing suit to work. She'll walk down the street, then randomly change clothes to something else, like her pajamas, and keep walking like nothing is out of order. I like little details like that and I really like the trait system over the horoscope one used in 1 & 2

There's a lot of things I'm used to I would definitely love to see, weather being a big one. I can live with the skins; they really don't bug me so much, though the lips can tend to look like a pair of wrestling worms stuck the chins of some sims. Wink If I want to play another family, I just make sure I put my game on pause before saving and exiting. I've never had an issue with strange things happening to other families while I'm off playing another. When I went back into play the other family, they were still paused and just continued where I left off. Smiley

That being said, I do still have TS2 on my computer. I still love it. I guess I'm lucky, because I have the space to have both and not even use half of my hard drive capacity.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:59 pm »

I've read all of the reviews and user comments across various gaming forums, and the reaction is mixed. You either love it or loath the game. But me personally, I do see the game's appeal and potential. It's just not enough to make me go and buy it, not yet. I need to see more before I start a new game when I'm about 15 Generations and well over 22GB of total CC deep in TS2. (Not that disk space is an issue, between my PC's Partition and 2 Exteranl HDs, I've got almost a TB of space.) When I see more stuff that appeals to me on an individual level, I'll add it to my collection. But it's not going to replace TS2. That's what I think the biggest misconception people have made is. The expected the game to be a replacement of TS2, whereas it's more of it's own game altogether. If you take it like that, then there's enjoyment you can have in it big time. And as Joy said, it's a base game. Base games ALWAYS suck. I didn't purchase TS2 until Nightlife, and TS1 until Hot Date was released, because those EPs had elements I enjoyed, which made me go get the game as a whole. When TS3 has an EP with similar elements, that's when I'll most likely look into getting it. My issue personally has been the way EA's handled the whole release of the game, but that's another topic. In the end, I do think the game will have a lot to offer in the future. I just hope it doesn't take EA years to get it into their brains that it might take user modding to make it happen.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2009, 08:04:50 pm »

When Sims 2 first came out, I was skeptical and sitting on the fence to see what other people have said about Sims 2. Sure, they compared Sims 2 to Sims 1.

I didn't buy Sims 2 until about 2 years after the game was released. But I was glad I did because I enjoyed the many new things about Sims 2 that Sims 1 lacked and discovered mods half a year later. Then modding another half a year later.

But people are entitled to their own views on Sims 3.

Everybody is entitled to sit on the fence watching others discuss the new game. Watching others share their downsides and upsides with others.

In short, keep it cool and don't bash others for their views or choices not to play or play Sims 3.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: