Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:51:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, this AIN'T the InSIM I remember!  (Read 2926 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J-Star

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:22:22 pm »

I was never a very active member of the InSIM community... I came around mainly for the mod itself and sometimes for Skye's custom Sims.  I play Sims 2 sporadically, and have been away from InSIM since the early fall... but with the release of Sims 3 (which I do not plan on getting) I came back to InSIM today just to see what's new.

And WHOA... the domain has changed from Insimenator.NET to Insimenator.ORG, yet I'm still registered, can still log in.  New layout, yet the forum categories are mostly what I remember, Skye is still uploading gorgeously looking custom content... but the Insimenator mod itself, once the main attraction (for me anyway) is now UNSUPPORTED, and Eric and Kathy are GONE!

After scouring the forums and some external links to find out what happened, I have to say I am appalled yet somehow not surprised.  The Insimenator was and still is a superb mod for the game - I still use it to this day with no crashes - but Eric and Kathy always seemed kind of sketchy, even nasty at times.  It was really sketchy, not to mention infuriating, the way they would disappear for months at a time, only to come back begging for cash donations and threatening to shut down the site, and biting the heads off of anyone who so much as asked about an update to the Insimenator.  I have to guess that people only put up with their attitude because of the mod itself and how much it brings to Sims 2... although it looks like TwoJeffs has updated his SimBlender to the point where it is almost as powerful as the Insimenator.  I still don't have that one yet but I do have several of TwoJeff's other mods.

Anyway, they say all's well that end's well, and it's great to see that the InSIM community survived Eric and Kathy's ditching and the ensuing fiasco with Walt.  I don't know how active I will be on the forums going forward, though I will have to at least check out the latest creations from Skye - I've always been a fan of her work!

Best regards to all Sims 2 players and creators who still call the InSIM community their home!

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:49:29 pm »

*Waves to fellow Star Wars fan.* (Or at least I assume, since your sig...)

Welcome back.  Cheesy

My other ride is a chocobo.
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:11:16 pm »

Weclome back, J-Star.... Wave

Live Laugh Love
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »

i still don't know what happened to insim.net ...what'd you find J-Star?

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

See my retro/music inspired sims 2 creations here :rr:

Looking for Sim contests? Go to Simoasis! :]
J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:28 pm »

*Waves to fellow Star Wars fan.* (Or at least I assume, since your sig...)

Welcome back.  Cheesy

Oh yes, I am a major Star Wars fan! Wink

Best smiley I've ever seen...  Star Wars

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 05:37:16 am »

VioletPadfoot
Sim Addict

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:15:56 am »

J-Star, i agree that smiley is the best smiley i have seen.

"I'll quit being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!" ~my friend Stacy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: