Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:46:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: to help everyone else out  (Read 4818 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dec12741

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »

I do not need help,but I am helping everyone else out you can have Folders(Clothing,Hair,Lots,Sims) and so one and the stuff you put into those folders will appear in the game
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »

To help people out even more, please explain more about the folders. Are the folders the folders you can create in game to put certain items into such as Outdoors folder? Or are the folders the folders you can create and place inside the game folder to contain mods?

I wasn't sure what exactly you meant when you said you would help people out and that you mentioned folders.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:35 am »

What i mean is as follow
DOWNLOADS FOLDER
(1)Build:floors,walls,windows and so on
(2)Buy:tv's,toilets,Beds
(3)Clothing
(4)Hair
(5)Lots:Residental,Community
(6)Sims:females,males
(7)Vehicles

all each Item you install you can put them in their own folder,does that help
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:39 am »

Yes, definitely helps a lot for other people to know they can create sub-folders for each item downloaded.  Grin

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:38:31 am »

Ah, I was under the impression, having read somewhere (can't remember where now, possibly MATY) that someone had confirmed that sub folders do not work

So now I'm confused

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:54:31 am »

Ali they do work because I tried it with one Item(Dress) from the Sims 3.com installed it when i Installed it it was put in the Downloads folder I put a subfolder into the Downloads folder and named it Clothing and moved that Dress into it ,then started the game it was there does that help Ali?
MacJake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:28:48 pm »

The game doesn't store CC in the downloads folder but shoves it all into a .dbc file in your DCCache folder and that that's how it shows up in the game. The downloads folder is just storage for installed Sims3Pack files.  You can leave them there or put them somewhere else for safe keeping it really doesn't matter.

Also all the "x5b53beca23*441$0b*3850e1c*3c$530.package" files in your DCBackup folder can be deleted too. They're just extra.

Ali you can sub folder stuff in your Program Files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/ Mods folder but you need to make an adjustment in your .cfg file to accommodate that. It's all stupidly complicated.

securom.NOT

accompanied by lots of sword waving and whatnot
Minoue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:54 pm »

How can I install custom hair content into the game, that I DID NOT get from Sims3. com
for example( hair that i used in Sims2 but want to install in sims 3) Is there a installation program for that? (like sims 2 clean installer)
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 10:24:23 am »

@ Dec and Mac - thanks for the info guys, I was getting confused between the Mods folder and Downloads folder!!

Minoue, currently you cannot install custom hair - custom meshes are not possible at this time - and you certainly won't be able to use Sims 2 hair

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: