Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 07:26:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doubt  (Read 4172 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:58:06 am »

I have a family and the children grew up. If I move any of them out of the house they will become npcs, right? I hope not.... Sad Cry

I used to be Nyxie
pico22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:16:06 pm »

You can switch households and keep playing them in the new one - but in that case your old family will become "NPCs". You can also keep switching but that will create a bunch of other problems. Basically, you can only play one family.

Therefore, a one-child-only policy is recommended. Which proves that this game was really made in China.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:51:54 am »

Oh dear....what will I do with my twins? *dies*

Thank you so much, pico!!

I used to be Nyxie
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 10:21:24 am »

you could package them up then start a new game with them?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
harajukubaby
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:04:25 am »

I keep hearing everywhere that you can only play one family but I don't understand whats going on with that? What problems will be caused by switching between NPCs and playable characters?
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:16:58 am »

The problem is, that once you switch between families, the family that you were playing loses wishes and what not, they also just randomly "move out of town" and disappear into the bowels of nowhere

You can turn story progression off - but not in game, that doesn't work - by downloading either Pescado's awesomemod, Wintermute's purity or typing –disablestoryprogression at the end of TS3.exe (right click on it and chose properties then put the text at the end) although from looking at various threads on TS3 forum, putting the extra text in doesn't seem to stop babies spawning and families moving out. It seems the only way to currently stop ALL the nonsense is to install awesomemod

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
harajukubaby
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 05:26:21 am »

so why did ea release a game that seems to suck? I was going to sell the sims 2 to buy it but now.... I mean if you try to rip people off you assume they are actually going to buy the game in the first place. Has it flopped yet or are people plowing through copies of the game like no tommorow?

Aiya pinnoy ga doko deska? japanese jibberish n.n
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:53 am »

Let's keep the conversation in a sensible manner. No gibberish please.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:27 am »

I started the game by creating only one male Sim. Then I created a female and moved to him. They got 4 children, raised them up, one got married and had a child. Then I made one of the female child to marry Mortimer Goth (who by the way seemed to have a child via parthenogenesis once he had no partner).
Switched to the Goth Family and made Mortimer to propose her. Got the option to move her or whoever else to the new family but I moved only her to open the space I needed. Made her to try for baby with Mortimer to assure that they would continue. She got pregnant, so I left them on their own and went back to my original family. Followed them full time and she was indeed pregnant. Made her to meet her brother that was a doctor and guess the gender of the baby. I suppose that when you choose this interaction the gender of the baby is stablished at this moment, I think.
So, the other family (the Goth) were playing normally. I invited them many times to follow the course of their lives and everything seemed to be OK.
The only problem I got is that when I moved the female to Mortimer, she got all the money of the family with her. There must be something I missed.
I had to use "Kaching" to recover the amount the family had before. Motherload worked only once and simply stopped working. Also all the cheats mentioned in PrimaGuide don't work at all, just "Kaching" and "MoveObjects" My game is not even recognizing TestingCheatEnabled True, it must be another syntax.
The parents died and became ghosts. Ghosts seem to be just visitors, so you can let everybody die and keep their tombstones on the garden and you have the whole family all the time, once ghosts sleep, eat, train in your equipment, swim, play with babies, etc. It is just that they look like Glass.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:22:46 pm »

Testingcheatsenabled true is what you need. As for the money problem, Pescado looked into that and made a feature to go with the awesome mod to prohibit free 16k money when someone moves out of the family on their own. This way, the person moving out will take at least some, not all, of the money with him or her.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: