Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:36:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not So Ultra Speed?  (Read 4532 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KCeeV291

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:37 am »

Idk, maybe it's just me but when I play the Sims 3 and try to advance the time so I can get along with the game much faster, the ultra speed doesn't seem to be.. well ultra speed. It seems to me that it's going the normal speed. Anyone else see this as well?

[1ST] World's Hottest GLBT Couple- Sheppard & Elijah | [7TH] MANHUNT - William Otto

>>in my own Sims World
naturegirl240

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:29:57 pm »

oh i'm there! It is way to slow for ultra speed.

soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:27 pm »

I had this problem for a while as well. The game automatically sets its specs to match your computer (ie. Texture detail=low, etc). If you changed any of these settings, it will run very slow, even for ultra speed.

You should try restoring your default settings. If that doesn't work, try playing on a lower resolution, and try zooming out as far as possible when you switch into ultra speed. These all helped me, hope they work for you.  Wink
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »

^^ that sounds ridiculous. It was doing that when I had it on low everything. I just put in "testingCheatsEnabled true" and keep them up...or sleep for less than an hour.
soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:58 pm »

It's not ridiculous. Anyone who knows anything about computers would tell you the same thing. It could very well be that yours runs slow because you're running other programs in the background or your graphics card or processor just can't handle it.

Like I said, this method of fixing the problem worked for me.
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »

It's not ridiculous. Anyone who knows anything about computers would tell you the same thing. It could very well be that yours runs slow because you're running other programs in the background or your graphics card or processor just can't handle it.

Like I said, this method of fixing the problem worked for me.
Then why in the hell is everybody else's running slow?
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:29 am »

In reality the game is meant to be played on mid to high end machines. It was not designed to run on budget computers. I don't particularly give dam what EA. specified. That was only to sell the game.
I have some idea of what I'm talking about, been doing this since Wolfenstein came out.
If you have to shut down background tasks and tone down the eye candy in a game to run even at the min. framerate then your pc. isn't meant to run it.
The black screens and crashes is the pc protecting itself from overheating, continue to push it and the blue screen is next.
I apologise if this comes across rather blunt but unfortunately that's the reality of it.
These marketing people at EA. should have posted more realistic system requirements.The game still would have sold, instead all they achieved was disappointing and frustrating hundreds of players.
soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:51 am »

I know my machine isn't meant to run it. It has the absolute base specs. required to even run the game. Some parts are laggy as hell, like in-game recolouring.

Perhaps everyone else's is slow because they too have cheap, crappy computers? My method of fixing it may not end up doing s*** for you (and others), if your computer just can't handle the game, as I said.
kattenijin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 02:02:23 pm »

Another thing that people seem to miss is that even though there are 4 speed buttons there are onty three speeds. The 4th speed button = speed 3 untill current task is done. If you are picking the 4th button, as soon as the first task is done , you are RETURNING TO NORMAL SPEED.

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Duh! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: