Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: School Bus on Apartment Lots  (Read 5540 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vballplexi10

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:00:42 pm »

i tried to make sure this wasn't already a topic and i dont think it is but i apologize if i missed it.

whenever i play a family that lives in an apartment, the school bus does not come to pick up the children/teens. there's not even a "school bus will arrive in an hour" note. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 10:43:00 pm »

Sure it's not a bug, or an old hack messing up your game?

I've played little with the apartments myself, but I do think the school bus came. You also have the option to drive the kid to school, and the kid can even walk to school (not sure if this was a feature of AL or FT, though)

I made a father drive a child to school in the helicopter too - imagine arriving like that Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
vballplexi10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:30:29 pm »

DOH2 lol k ill see if the kids can walk since the fam doesnt have a car. but i did play another family where the children are in private school and the bus worked so maybe its just public school  Hmmm thanks!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:59:39 pm »

the bus always comes both for private and public school for me...
Sure it's not a hack? Maybe some kind of homeschooling hack?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:35:06 pm »

I just got AL and the bus never showed for my Sim kids. That happened the first time I played with the first family I moved into the apartment building.  I just quit playing with apartments.  I fail to see the attraction of apartment life but since I only tried it the one time, I really can't judge.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 04:17:03 pm »

Topic moved to the proper section.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 03:55:59 am »

There are tears in my eyes. I feel so very stupid and frustrated.  Where is the 'proper section' for this topic?  Maybe it is just me but I spend so much time trying to find answers and not knowing the proper section.  I use the search option but 75% of the time it leads me no where.
I know I am whinger.
I love, love, love the posts that say if you want this/that/or the other follow this link or they just have the word 'here' in blue type. 
So I like to to spoonfed, I told you I was a crybaby.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »

Any thread looking for help with the game should be in the appropriate help section, not the General Sim 2 Discussion area. For example, this thread, which is looking for help regarding the school bus not showing up, was in the AL General Discussion when it should have been here in AL Help (where I moved it to). See? If you look up to the top of the page you'll see "Forum>Simmer's Paradise>General Sims 2 Help> Apartment Life Help". If you're ever confused about where you are posting, that's always a good place to look.

Discussion goes in the discussion sections.

"Help me my game is broken" threads go in the Help section.

Sometimes, you'll find the demand to be 'spoonfed' met with a brick by some members of the community, so my advice would be to just take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the forum and not expect a guided tour. This place really isn't that complicated Smiley.

Edit: Besides, babies and small toddlers are spoonfed. Grown ups know how to use a knife and fork all by themselves Wink
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:50:02 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
smacart

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 04:37:49 pm »

It must be a missing hack or a bug in your system, because the school bus shows up in AL for me.

I'm not 18, silly insimenator.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 07:37:06 pm »

Thanks for the great advice, caffeinated.joy.  I believe it is like many things in life, the more you use something the more adept you become with its uses.

I'm grateful you did not use a brick.  Grin

mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »

I just got AL and the bus does arrive. Before AL there was no choice 'walk to school', but now there is... which I love!

Could it be one of those glitches after someone ages and the game borks? Cause you could possibly use a hack to fix it.
Is it a child or teen that's being left behind? If you're using Inteen, with a combination of flavors, some teens stop going to school when they hit the 7th day in that life bracket. I can't remember the combination I use but it allows mine to keep going to school until they age or I send them to college...
Just a thought,
Mari
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 11:39:17 pm »

I never get the school bus either at my apartments. Has anyone figured this out?

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: