Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:12:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game and Bodyshop Problemo  (Read 1802 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roshimitzu

Foxxi On the Runnnnn

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:09:21 am »

I seem to be having some issues with my sims 2 game.....I installed sims 3 a few days ago..and was hoping to get some sims 2 gameplay in and the game just wont work.
It loads up to the choose a neighbour hood screen.  I recently took off pets. so it goes pets bla bla bla and then I click belladona cove.  And its starts to load but it just loads for so long....and I dont know how long to wait for it to load.
It has always always been quick...around 5 minutes to load and get to belladona cove. So now its taking 10 plus minutes and I dont know if there is some sort of graphics stealing issue or soemthing
Oh and also my bodyshop crashes when photoshop is installed.
Im thinking about installing sims 2 just clean again........

And all those files are delete the cgien acc cache bla bla bla. Those are deleted each time........

Does anyone have any suggestions??

PrettyBabySims<br />Hosted By <br />Shock-Shame
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:33 am »

I'd start by deleting the cigen.package, groups.cache, and accessories.cache.  If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have some CC that requires Pets, and not finding it the program hangs.  Putting Pets back in would be the easiest solution then, or you can try to figure out what CC is causing the problem.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:28:56 am »

When you say "recently took off Pets" do you mean you uninstalled Pets?

If so, that (as well as any Pets-specific/compatible custom content you may still have) could well be the source of your problems.

See here about uninstalling EPs, especially Warning 2:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Uninstall#How_to_Uninstall_Expansions

roshimitzu

Foxxi On the Runnnnn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:34:05 am »

Thanks for the quick response...

I deleting that cgien every time I start the game up..so that cant be the problem and
Yes I took of pets, I will put it back on the pc and if that works then I will have to keep pets because I have no idea if any of the cc needs pets.

I didnt know that also about the issues...I assumed that if you took of an EP and some cc needed that EP that the CC just wouldnt work anymore.  So boy was I wrong!!!

and warning 2!! NO! i need to keep my neighbourhoods. So it looks as if I have to put pets back on because I dont really want to loose my favourite simmies:)

*edit*

I installed pets again and its still the same...loads up to neighbourhood chooser and then just doesnt load....
The screen loads....you know when the bars flick to the end of the screenbut then it just freezes... So maybe its not pets
Maybe a clean install?Huh?  But I get to keep my sims right...I dnt want to loose em:(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:21:50 am by roshimitzu » Logged

PrettyBabySims<br />Hosted By <br />Shock-Shame
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: