Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:57:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: graphics card problem?  (Read 4862 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2009, 03:18:48 am »

The graphics are not good in this game for me the first hour was awful. everything seems blurry in it. everything is on top settings as well. I gotta be happy somewhere though as im really suprised my dark ages computer even played it all. its also very laggy but in a choppy way.Im in the uk and if its a card problem anyone recommend a decent but inexpensive one that I should get? im using a dell casing if that makes any difference but the rest of it was "built".

oh and how do you change their hairstyle in game? clicked mirror and no option to change appearance?
I wanted to change one of the pre-made sims hairs.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 03:45:15 am »

What sort of card are you using? If you don't know go to your start menu, and click run and then dxdiag and look under display, it will tell you what card you have installed. I have noticed if you mess with the resolution in the game under options, the graphics get increasingly better. I have mine set to the one below 1024 x 768 which ever that is, and my graphics look wayy better than the default. I also wouldn't play in a window if you are, because changing the resolution to higher than 1024 x 768 will result in VERY bad graphics. hope this helped.
Nada

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:00:32 am »

Sometimes if your sim is in a bad mood they won't want to change their appearance or if there is an event going on.

As for you Video Card check Best Buy, a good one can be a decent chunk of cash so until you save up turn your settings way down. Also you may want to check on your ram. I was just reading another thread in this board and seems like allot of people that are having problems don't have enough.

I know I have 2gb ram, Nvidia geforce 7600 video card, and a 3.06 ghz processesor and I don't have any issues at all.

Here's a link to the BB site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat168200050003&type=category&cpncode=733a2944-d0c0-441e-85c8-e593bd77a94e

Remember that you can only have as good a video card as you have slots on your motherboard so you may just want to pack the tower up there with you if you go and dump it on the geek squad(or whatever they have) desk and say"Tell me what I can get."

*Fixed the link*
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:00:51 am by Chaavik » Logged
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:21:24 am »

"for you Video Card check Best Buy, a good one can be a decent chunk of cash "

Um ok *books a flight to america just to go best buy* tongue

because people didnt read my post properly. rolleyes

To sim girl Even when my sims is in a good mood they dont want to change it but the question really is HOW do you change if you wanted to?

how do you change it from being in a window?

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:15:03 am »

simpleprincess, I got my pc from scan (I'm in the UK too). The guys there are really helpful and won't sell you anything you don't need. When I bought my pc from them, I told them what I wanted to be able to do on it and what my preferences were for graphics etc and they built me a fab machine Cheesy

To change from being in a window, click on the ... (in game, in the bottom left hand corner of the screen) and go into options. Towards the top of the screen (apologies, I'm working blind here as I'm not at home so don't have the game available) there should be a bit that says Enable window mode (or something similar) and a check box. If you want the game to be full screen and take over then untick the check box

The only way I know to change appearance at the moment is to click on a mirror, so I can't help you with that one, sorry.

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:00:35 pm »

Thanks Ali Ill check out this "scan" thing they sound good. The sims 3 is playing a bit better today although its quite slow.

For some reason my evil sim cant seem to make people cry? hes done every interaction all they do is groan and growl. in the sims 2 you insult someone and they go off and cry I dont get it? I tried for ages cos im sadistic like that hahahaa and felt like causing havoc in the park. Evil
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »

To clarify the graphics card question,here is what I recommend.
At least 512mb. or better.
Active cooling (fan) not passive(heat sink)
Pci x16 not agp.
This applies to graphics cards, not built in graphics. Integrated graphics wont handle all the information that needs to be processed in modern games,and will suck up more and more ram to try to compensate.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 01:39:23 pm »

Thanks rozerman!! Wink

AOul someone also pleasee answer my question about my evil sim making someone cry in the park? no matter what he does and for how long it doesnt work? Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: