Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:23:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera Angles  (Read 3121 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:48:45 am »

Alright, got the game and yeah, I like it, but I have a real problem that makes me not want to play Sad

In The Sims 2, when you were on a lot, if you moved your mouse to the top of the screen you could go forwards, and the same for backwards by moving your mouse to the bottom and exactly the same with sideways.

But that doesn't seem to work The Sims 3. Is there a way I can fix or better this? Because I can't get to or see the back of my house and it's irritating me x]

Also, I have to have the game on the lowest possible settings which makes the graphics look really bad. Golly, cannae wait to get that new computer lol.
missm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:17:38 am »

Alright, got the game and yeah, I like it, but I have a real problem that makes me not want to play Sad

In The Sims 2, when you were on a lot, if you moved your mouse to the top of the screen you could go forwards, and the same for backwards by moving your mouse to the bottom and exactly the same with sideways.

But that doesn't seem to work The Sims 3. Is there a way I can fix or better this? Because I can't get to or see the back of my house and it's irritating me x]

I hate this to so restricting
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:19:18 am »

yes, you can do that, it's in Options

I can't remember which bit it is, but you can definitely change it to scroll how you want it

(sorry I can't be more specific but I don't have the game installed on the pc I'm using right now!)

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:11:05 pm »

Options 3rd tab first check block needs checked then you can edge scroll!
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 02:13:10 pm »

Ahh brilliant, Edge Scroll, thank you so much! Smiley Don't know why they didn't put it in automatically x] Who doesn't use it?! It's so much easier tongue
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 02:15:57 pm »

I don't!

If I want my screen to move then I want to hold down the right mouse button and drag and control it, I don't want the damn thing to move the minute I get near the edge!! Tongue

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
saowens
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:15:07 am »

I don't!
If I want my screen to move then I want to hold down the right mouse button and drag and control it, I don't want the damn thing to move the minute I get near the edge!! Tongue

Same here. Under the options (the three ...) you can either set the game to run in full screen or window mode. Full screen allows edge scrolling with the mouse by default. Window mode does not allow edge scrolling by default. I just hold down the right mouse button when I want to scroll around like Ali does.

I like window mode. It's easier to minimize the game when I want to do something else like browse Insimenator.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: