Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:31:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 3 full build1.package doesn't match and others to follow  (Read 5492 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:12:47 am »

I have run "can you run it" and appear to be in good shape.  The install gets about 75% done and alerts me that there is a problem with my cab files and to contact software co.  Of course there isn't anything on the SIMS3 site to help... Any help would be great.  I wasn't really expecting to be up until 4 am...  oh well. 

sims 3 full build1.package doesn't match
I will post the rest later...  they all relate to the files not matching?

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Have A Great Day-  Sara  [/FONT]
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:30 am »

Simple take the disk back to where you got it, And get an exchange. Cab files are a form of compression and the disk is ether dirty ot has a bad sector on that cab..
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »

Definitely agree with that assessment.

Sounds like a bad CD/DVD. Take it back to exchange for a new one. Keep in mind to bring the receipt with you.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:55:16 pm »

Okay, we exchanged it... Loading new disc... fingers crossed.
Thanks guys...

*Moderation Note:  Double post merged.  Please remember to use the Modify option at the upper right of your post if you have to add on to what you've said previously.  Thanks.*

Okay, update...
new disc, same error ( i could hit, ignore, abort, or retry) I hit ignore.  It let me load the game and then after the intro and loading begain it crashed.   What now?
I rechecked my specs, I am in good shape, could use the faster processor, but it exceeded minimum requirements, sames for graphics card?

I have now defragged, cleaned, turned off all unecessary programs.  I have only seen one posting on the internet that responds to this issue.  I purchased my copy at Target, exchanged there without any hassle. 

thanks again in advance for any help
Help<squeak>
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:45:38 pm by dorkapalooza » Logged

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »

Do you have any disk Emulators running during install. if so turn them off.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 03:54:06 pm »

I don't know what disc emulaters are? sorry.  I swear it took many hours to clean end every extra process, etc... But it finally works. it is so damed slow though.  I am wondering if I have to have the dwm. process running to play.. it's taking a lot of Whatever its called lol.  I think I am in the clear but apparently need a newer computer! Argh.  this one is only two... =(

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 04:46:25 am »

are you using a tobisha computer? they have a DVD player that been giving people problems installing. if so go to The sims 3 page Hit the Help button at tope right of screen when it comes up Select (What steps can I take to attempt to correct a 'Disc Authorization Error'? ) This has steps to try.
Other then that I can think of only 2 other things to try. they are try installing in safe and or administrator mode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: