Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:33:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: having problems installing downloads from modthesims!!!!  (Read 11764 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sowdenr

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:54 am »

i downloaded somestuff from modthesims for my sims 3 game but im having problems intalling them. ive tryed all the guids on diffrent websites but none are off any help. huh

does anyone know how to help me coz this problem is driving me up the wall! Lips Sealed
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:26:50 am »

what did you download?
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:13 am »

did u make a folders,Mods and package folder, these to folders are pose to be capital "M"(Mod) and "P"(Package)folder.
if u didn't unzip the files, try WinRar or 7zip.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:56 am »

Did you consult the people over at MTS about having trouble installing their downloads? Your best bet is that you'll get a better answer if you actually ask the people on that site rather than turning to other sites first... not to sound "snippy" or anything, but that whatever happens on other sites and problems with their content is something we can't fully help you with at times.  Wink

Besides, the have a FAQ up already related to installing their content if you haven't checked it out yet.  Grin

sowdenr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:01:47 pm »

i have tryed all of those sergestions and no mattter what they wont show up in the game angry
i dont know if im doing something wrong but when i looked into it on modthesims website it just led to the same stuff telling me to put them in mod/pakage.

the downloads are some new skins and a mod the takes the bler thing away. Grin
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:43:46 pm »

do u have Winrar or 7zip? I use 7zip to open files

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:26:10 pm »

sowdenr that stuff that you are tring to install are they Patterns?,if so do not install then take out the Mod/package folder it is them in the Mod/Package program that is not working,i had that same mod/package folder in the game and it would not let the game Load at all
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:04:49 pm »

Gona try and simplifie this.
you will need to get the File Resorces.cfg
Place it in C:\program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
(do Not use or replace the one located in C:\program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin)
Now you'll need to make a folder Named Mods. It will be located in C:\program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Now inside Mods Make a folder Named packages. and open it. So now it'll be like this Opened
C:\program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
Thats where all new package files Go.
sowdenr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:33 am »

yes i have winRAR to unzip my files.

no they are not pattens.

i have done all this but it still does not work. Embarrassed

sorry if the way i answered songs rude Wink

tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:52:36 am »

I am not having any problems with the items I downloaded from MTS.  I used the method stated in the above post's.  The only problem I had because I have vista is I cannot unrar directly into the package folder is i have to cut and paste it.  The custom content works beautifully.  The patterns, mods go into that folder.  The skins go into documents/the sims 3/SavedSims, download houses to the desktop and double click they self install.  You may be doing all of this just thought I would reiterate.  Good luck.

Sims Mommy
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:38:34 pm »

now I know what to prepare when I get my copy this weekend. this is not hard as it looks.

Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 05:45:18 pm »

do you have vista 64 bit??
I do and I had the same problem I had to just add some additional info to the resource.cfg file

Here is mine:

Priority 501

DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate

Priority 500

PackedFile Mods/Packages/Hacks/*.package

Priority 499

PackedFile Mods/Packages/Patterns/*.package

Priority 498

PackedFile Mods/Packages/Skins/*.package

then just make the sub folders and add to it what you and how you want it and it works for me and a few other's with the same problem. This may or may not be the solution but it can't hurt to try.

tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »

I have the same prob.. Care i don't get what you did,i drag and drop should i cut and pase?

for thoes of you that is works for i aske you thes,: PLEASE if you have a youtude account or can make a traler on how to do it,  help thoes how can't do it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:01:12 pm by tanis191798 » Logged
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:47:42 pm »

just copy and paste it into the already existing resource.cfg file. then make sure your folders are set up as stated in the above config. if you don't need or use all that are needed just take that part of the code out.

tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 08:02:26 pm »

is that with the monkey? if so i have it but it won't work. i may have done something worng, i'm not so good at reading.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: