Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:35:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing a report for Law Enforcement career help?  (Read 3570 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
loopsydoo

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:26:45 pm »

Hello

My poor sim will be fired shortly if he cannot write a report for work.  He is level six and is required to write information reports on the local inhabitants by gaining info via the locals themselves (question) or by rummaging in garbage cans.

I have chatted to almost everyone, searched many cans but there is no option to write a report on his PC.  I have the other options but no write report option.  I have found out that one particular sim is worth investigating and I have discovered all of his traits, even chatted to him but still no option to write report.

What am I doing wrong please?  Do I have to be friends with this suspect and find out more info before I can do this report?

Kind regards
MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:12:22 pm »

Did you question that specific sim or did you find out about the traits in the usual get to know/chat talking?
Questioning a sim will have your sim pull out a notebook and take notes while the opposite sim is talking. I think you still have to do that question despite already knowing all what there is to be known. And it requires a quite positive relationship to the questioned sim or they will turn you down.

Afterwards, have your sim sit on the computer/laptop and check the writing submenu.

Personally, I didn't have any success yet writing a report after searching trash cans.

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:45:40 pm »

I cant remember what section its in, But there is an actual selection in your Pie that says Qestion. I think I had in under friend!
charleejane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »

sorry if you've done this but have you tried looking under writing - there is an option there to write the report
loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »

Thank you to everyone who replied.  I will try to get to know this suspect more and retry the computer for the option.

Reports are required from quite early on in this particular career and it does seem to be a lot of hard work to get a promotion as these reports are constantly required.

Will try the military next.....lol   Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: