Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:22:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hair binning. What am I doing wrong?!  (Read 2676 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
darkannie

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:21 am »

I have this hair set that I want to place in their proper catagories.  I used SimPE and followed the tutorial to the letter.  Didn't work.  I downloaded the simPE plugin for color binning.  Didn't work.  I downloaded and installed Wardrobe Wrangler.  Didn't work.  I followed each of these programs and their instructions down to the very last detail.  I even looked at other files that had binned custom hair and saw that it was NO different than my files.  They're all under the proper catagories in Property set and yet despite all that, the hairs still show up in the custom bin under black hair whenever I open bodyshop.  I even tried sending the packages to a friend and she says they don't show up AT ALL in her game.

It hit me that I was changing the hairs in the project folder and checking on them after they were imported to the game, so I tried importing them after the bin changes were made but they all still wound up in the custom bin.  I tried deleting the custom hairs and moving the packages directly into my downloads folder with the mesh and THEY DON'T EVEN SHOW UP!

This is my first time attempting and failing to bin hair, so if someone could maybe list some common noob mistakes that prevent this thing from working correctly, I'm all ears.  I've been at this for the last three days and I'm ready to scream.  I'm proud of these recolors and I want to share them, but I can't do that till they're all properly binned.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:27 am »

Upload one here and ill see wat i can do(or send one in private) Wink
Include the mesh with it or a direct link were to get it.

I know that with accessoires edits sometimes dont get applied.
If this is the case with hair binning also you need to delete your caches and check again, but let me check them first as the game will need to reload all the thumbs.

No longer active
darkannie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:13:42 pm »

Thanks but I figured out where I was going wrong.  I was doing everything right, just saving the wrong files.  When I understood that, everything came together.  The hairs are properly binned now.  I even made double sure and sent them to a friend and they worked for her as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: