Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:12:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help..some of the cheats don't work  (Read 7420 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nappyluvin

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 06:46:12 am »

Hey all, got the Sims3 along with the Prima Guide and been trying out the cheats listed in the book and on this forum and the one I looked forward to using the most Edit in CAS doesn't work. Everytime I try it , it says unidentifiable command. Anyone else having this problem? By the way I have a top of the line new gaming computer with Vista..so I know it has nothing to do with my system. Any advice would help lots...thanx in advance.  Grin
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:20:54 am »

which cheat are you trying to use? If it's the mirror <sim name> or dresser <sim name> ones I'm fairly sure you have to have awesomemod installed

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:27:13 pm »

Edit In CAS/Edit me are Not real Cheats they are part of a Hack named awesome.package.. here is a link http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »

I got the Prima Guide for Sims3 before I knew about awesome mod and in the book it says use the cheat window and put in Edit in CAS , because that didn't work I started looking around for some answers to this and came across awesome mod. Don't get me wrong it's great the kids come out so fugly, I can change them in with the mirror . But sometimes the kids come out on the heavy side and I want to make them a little thinner and when I use the mirror I adjust the body in the CAS but when I go back they are still the same. I can't figure it out. I hope this make sense , just tryin to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Sad  I hope this is clear and thanx again in advance for your help.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:22 pm »

Are you hitting the Checkmark after your done at the bottom of the screen or the X.  If using the X your Canceling all your changes!
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:19:51 pm »

Nope, hitting the accept button, they still revert back to the original shape. Even tried putting in the setconfig cassliderscaleincreased true in the cheat box says its accepted but it still didnt work.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:07:54 am »

Did you install Pescado's awesome mod? If so, did you install the mod in the correct location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

** Caution: The above is for XP. Vista should be identical location-wise. **

If not, then you will need to read the directions carefully to install the mod correctly as well as framework that Pescado also provided in order for the mod to work. If you don't have framework, then that may be the reason why you couldn't take a Sim to CAS to edit.

Delphy graciously did a program for Pescado's awesome mod and framework to be installed easily without having to worry about where the files ought to go.

I suggest you go that route to use Delphy's program (link provided in Pescado's Awesome mod thread - first page, first post) to install both with convenience.

Do let us know if this works for you.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
AngeHellback

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 06:53:38 am »

hello,

I got exactly the same trouble. I got Windows XP, and only Move objects, Kaching and Motherlode are working! For all the other codes, the game tells me that the commands are unknown. I tried each code of the Prima guide... And so only three of them are working for me! Even TestingCheatsEnabled doesn't work.

I am frensh and i got the frensh version of the game.

I didn't yet install any mod...

And Chaavik, can you tell what is pescado's mod? I don't know what it is lol.

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 05:47:50 pm »

I don't Have the Prime Book But some of the codes will not work untill you type "testingcheatsenabled true". If you just type HELP after the CTRL shift C you get the list of cheats thats for the game there are only like 12.
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »

Ok, did the whole testing cheats thing and made sure my awesome mod and framework were in the right place and everything works fine except a couple of the cheats...like I said mainly the "Edit in CAS" .Why would EA print cheats in the Prima Guide that aren't real and don't work? Now I'm thinking I misunderstood...is there a cheat that takes you back to CAS or is just to the mirror where you can change hair and makeup only. I want to be able to change body shapes on my in game sims occasionally Cry BTW..like I said earlier, I don't think this has anything to do with my computer...Its a brand new gaming laptop with Vista.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 10:29:22 pm »

Yes, there is a cheat to take your Sim back to CAS and do that. I think it was either Edit Me or Edit In CAS.

Pescado's awesome mod has several posts regarding the commands to be used with the mod and framework when used together.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:19 pm »

I really appreciate all that are trying to help me w/ this...I have read and re-read the Awesomemod instructions and sure that it is in the right place. As I said earlier, for some reason Edit in CAS definetley does not work for me .The only thing for me to do now is to try to put in Edit me as a cheat and keep you updated. Thanx Chaavik Rockftp://
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:58:51 am »

Edit in CAS is actualy cheat coded by the awsome Mod and You need to type EditMe just that way.
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 02:42:45 pm »

Razamatazz...I want to give up , but you guys are so cool in trying to help me that I won't... Hug2 lol! Just to make sure everything was in order when I put in the cheat. I put in testing cheats, set config etc.... and even show config to see if everything was set...sure enough it seems everything is in order. As a matter of fact the only thing off on my Awesome mod is Expert Mode, No Psychic Curfew Police and TS2 Aging and now I get excited! But , I put in the EditMe cheat and it says....unknown command. It still doesn't work. Do you think its something weird like I have Vista and need to do something different? I want to figure this out so badly..it has now become a quest Star Wars. huh Is anyone else having this problem? Oh did forget a question in regards to framework. Tried Awesomemod with and without it , not sure because it says in one thread that I have to have it to work the mod but it also says for Mac and Advanced users only. So thats a little unclear for me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:20:49 pm by nappyluvin » Logged
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 04:42:10 pm »

"Edit in CAS" is actually an EA cheat - it's listed in the Prima Guide (although, having looked around various sites, it seems this Prima Guide is more full of fail than usual) but doesn't seem to work

the dresser and mirror cheats from awesome mod do work

For example, I have a sim called Trisha Test. Opening the cheat box and typing in "mirror Trisha Test" (without the quotation marks of course) opens up CAS where you can change hair and makeup. Opening the cheat box and typing in "dresser Trisha Test" opens up CAS to change the outfit.

Again, these cheats only work when you have awesomemod installed

AFAIK, there is no EditMe cheat

To answer your question about framework nappyluvin, I'm not sure quite how it works with Vista however if you're not sure, then the easiest thing is to get Delphy's monkey helper

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: