Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:54:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing the Plumbbob, Showheadlines & UI Sounds  (Read 2165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jenn024
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:22 pm »

Hello,
Is there a way to remove the plumbob and headlines from the sims. I tried plumbbobtoggle and showheadlines and that doesn't work. I also want to remove the UI sounds. Those clicking sounds when you go into the pie menu and stuff are so annoying.

Also is there a way to create your own neighborhoods.
Thanks.

Jenn
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:12:21 am »

For Sims 3? No, there aren't any mods I know of to remove the plumb bob, UI (Red pause lines) or even a sound mod to remove the clicking sound from the pie menu.

And no, you can't create new neighborhoods, BUT you can if you're willing to go the extreme route:

Make a copy of Sunset Valley or Riverview with one Sim in it that you don't care about.

Then kill all of the Sims. Edit the town via Edit Town to clean up all the residential and community lots. Re-arrange the lots how you want them to look in the town if you want. Then save the newly remade town as a separate copy aptly named something like New Town.. Don't use the same name for the newly remade town as the original's (Sunset Valley or Riverview) as it will overwrite those towns with unintended effects.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:14:31 pm »

right, well according to the Prima Crap Guide, hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] is supposed to hide all meters and effects such as the plumbbob and skill meter

Haven't tried this myself as I don't want to hide the skill meter just the damn plumbbob plus people are reporting that not all the cheats in the guide work. But if you want to give it a go then let us know how it goes!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Jenn024
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:03 am »

Thanks guys, you really helped. Grin
That sucks you can't make your own neighborhood.
BTW, that hideheadlineeffcts works and it does remove everything.
Thanks again.

Jenn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: