Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 03:01:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game display messed up  (Read 3598 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JohnMike

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:06 am »

I'm booting up TS2 as I usually tend to do, and when I get to my neighborhood, this is what it looks like:

I get this "mesh" overlaying everything in any neighborhood or house that I visit.  The main menu and loading screens are fine.  The needs/wants panel ingame is unaffected.  And the mesh doesn't seem to affect the actual gameplay, it just looks messed up.

For reference, I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a Powerbook G4.  This has never happened to me before.  I did not try restarting my computer or turning custom content off; I can't see what that would do, but then again I'm kind of an idiot about these things.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm willing to answer any questions you might have.  Thanks!
CarolJude

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »

Things you've probably done, but in case you haven't...

1) Boot from your OS install disk and use the disk utility to repair anything that might be frakked.
2) Pull your downloads folder out and start up the game (if it's 'fixed,' put stuff back in a little at a time. I label files that are 'fine' so they're blue; if I put new files in and the game's messed up I can easily pull them out one by one until I find the culprit.) Same with catalog packages.
3) Try the same thing with your neighborhoods, take one out and restart, see if it's 'fixed,' if not put it back and take out another, etc.
4) Reset everything in the "..." screens to default and start up the game, if it works set them to what you want, one by one, until you get the one that's the problem.

Dunno what else to suggest but maybe one of those 4 will do the trick. Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: