Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:32:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Story Progression - what is it?  (Read 9380 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2009, 09:46:32 am »

I'm confused. What is Story Progression? It's been said it is broken/borked. How?

Pescado made the Awesome mod to fix it and it crashes the game...I haven't installed.

Wintermuteai has a tool to fix it while EA doesn't make a patch.

Thank you for any help response and remember always that English is not my first language *sighs shame on me*
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:22:04 pm by NyxMorrighan » Logged

I used to be Nyxie
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:18:16 pm »

"Story Progression" is the game's name for "random crazy sIII that happens purely because the game says so". None of these things are actually happening, the game just decides, "BAM, you're <insert random crazyarse event here>", and sticks it on sims in other households. Including yours. Crazyarse events include suddenly becoming fat, dying, being fired or moved to random jobs, receives a parthenogenetic clone-baby, or being disintegrated from the neighborhood.

Admin note: Even you are subject to the no swearing Pes, you naughty boy! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:54:51 pm by Paden » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:00:24 pm »

lol That about sums it up.

Sims 3 is not "an improved version of Sims 2" -- it's a tasteless rpg.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
DarkDrake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:50:55 am »

Thank you for any help response and remember always that English is not my first language *sighs shame on me*

idk whut u mean, ur english = teh win!!

At least I can understand what you're trying to say Smiley
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:02:41 pm »

story progression is nothing but a terrible illusion. The more I play, the more I am seeing how it efrfects my sims and thier world. This CRAP needs to be fixed EAXIS! They said while teasing for the game "your sims can grow up, get married, and have children"
Ok. So my sims DO grow up when I dont play them, but they get terrible traits because they arent happy because I am not there making thier wishes come true.
I have yet to have a sim fall in love OR get married that I wasnt controlling at the time.
The way they "have children" is cloning themselves. creepy.....
And they dont progress in thier careers, either.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:05:10 am »

There is NO EAXIS, it is all EA Games now. MAXIS ceased to exist when they were taken over by EA. Will Wright, the designer, has left the building, kids. Please keep that in mind. The whole thing has been taken over by a man that doesn't understand the vision and the passion that people have for this genre of computer game, a man by the name of Rod Humble. If I were to recognize him on the street, I'd whack him in the happy sacks for what he has done to a series that I love(d). I won't get Sim 3 because for me, without the creativity that was employed in the other two games, it's not a real "Sims" venue. It's creepy cartoon people with dead look eyes that recreate themselves and clog your 'hoods. Real story progression would see them finding a way to make their dreams come true without their Handler managing every aspect of their lives, from piddling to working.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 09:09:03 am »

They released the game and it is not working properly...oh dear...it was to be expected I suppose...all the bugs in the sims 2 games....well...thank you for those people who are trying to fix it (should be Maxis) and also thank you very much for the answers

I used to be Nyxie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:08:03 pm »

MAXIS didn't have jack to do with the design of this game, it is EA Games all the way from what I understand. Rod Humble, remember him? Well, he took over Will Wright's job and truly gave the world a cringe-worthy game. Had it been the now-defunct MAXIS that made the game, you might actually have something decent.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »

Maxis ceased to produce a Sims series after the last EP for Sims 1 was produced. Although they did design and create the original Sims 2 game, they had little role in the later development of EPs for Sims 2.

I bet you Rod Humble never played Sims 2 or Sims 3.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »

Oh, he said he, "fell in love with being able to paint in the game." In other words, I think the idiot liked the fact that you could put files into the painting folder in game and actually get your sim to paint custom pictures... When the word "idiot" comes to mind, so does his name...

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 07:06:05 pm »

That's the extent of his gaming experience with Sims 2? Just... paint..? Nothing else like taking Sims on vacation only to lose them in the endless loop of loading time? Or take a Sim downtown to watch the Grand Vampire randomly run around biting people?

Wow, that's just... stunningly not awesome..

I like the games, but not the person behind the company. He really should've sat down and played Sims 3 or even Sims 2 to get the full gaming experience than to piddle about on an easel.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 04:57:32 pm »

EA. inherited that idiot in 2004. He's certainly been around, Sony, Virgin, just to name a few and has had a hand in about 200 games.
With the exceptions of Everquest and Starwars the great majority are obscure failures.
With the sims 3 aprox. 1.6 million people have given this person the thumbs up. Whether they like the game or not is according to EA. irrelevant.
They have their numbers for the base game and no doubt the marketing department will go into top gear to ensure they get similar sales figures for the first EP.
The sims as per Will Wright are dead and gone, we now have the sims as per Rod Humble, love ot hate it.
The couple of thousand out of aprox 1.6 million that bother to post criticism about the game will not make the slightest bit of difference to EAs policy. That opportunity fell away when the sheeple lined up in their tens of thousands to be the first to get the game.
So lack of story progression, badly written games, pay for content that should have been included, bugs etc. are the way of the future.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »

Oh, he said he, "fell in love with being able to paint in the game." In other words, I think the idiot liked the fact that you could put files into the painting folder in game and actually get your sim to paint custom pictures... When the word "idiot" comes to mind, so does his name...
Not even that, really. The facility to paint custom pictures does not, in fact, exist in any form by any chicanery in TS3. Tongue
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:49:54 pm »

This is from an interview with the WSJ from May of this year:

"The first time game designer Rod Humble viewed The Sims, which allows players to control a virtual family through the minutiae of their daily lives, he was confused. “I didn’t get it,” he says about one of the best-selling videogame franchises of all-time. “It’s a game about watching other people sitting in front of a computer.” A co-worker quickly attempted to explain the game to him. “He said that I didn’t really understand this game, but I really should.”

The article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052970203658504574191553273411052.html

This is the man who you should blame for the unfolding drama that is surrounding Sims 3.

Zoltan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:02 pm »

The facility to paint custom pictures does not, in fact, exist in any form by any chicanery in TS3

So will we not be able to import custom pics into the game like as in S2 through mods,
I dont understand what exactly you are trying to say.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: