Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:45:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my apartment mail box is a regular mailbox  (Read 4144 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yoyo23

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:37:56 pm »

i downloaded some houses last night.
and when i went into my apartment condo to play, they were regular house mailboxes
can someone help me turn them back to normal?

:worship: ignorance.is.bliss :worship:
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:28 pm »

I am not sure what downloading houses has to do with it but to change to apartment you use changeLotZoning apartmentbase
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 12:52:57 pm »

The houses more than likely had a recoloured mailbox, and now there's recolours of the original mailbox in your game and those mess up the apartment mailboxes for some reason. This happened to me, and I won't even go into the horror it made me go through, but if you can find the files you downloaded, remove them, then rezone the lot like amc said. That should work and bring back your apartment mailboxes.

And whenever you download a house, use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and don't let the mailbox recolours in.

My other ride is a chocobo.
yoyo23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 01:17:42 pm »

The houses more than likely had a recoloured mailbox, and now there's recolours of the original mailbox in your game and those mess up the apartment mailboxes for some reason. This happened to me, and I won't even go into the horror it made me go through, but if you can find the files you downloaded, remove them, then rezone the lot like amc said. That should work and bring back your apartment mailboxes.

And whenever you download a house, use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and don't let the mailbox recolours in.
thanks.
do you remeber what your default mailbox replacement code was called?

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:13 pm »

I just had a bunch of mailbox recolours, and they were all those numbered files generated by the regular Sims installer. I used the Clean Installer to go through all my files, and deleted the ones that looked like mailboxes. Mailboxes look like this when they show up in the preview image on Clean Installer:

Some of them may actually be called mailbox something or another, though, if you go through the file names. I don't think there's an easier way to remove them. Also, deleting the mailbox recolours in game doesn't work. Good luck... I know it's a pain. Sad

yoyo23

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »

thanks for the helpp.
i better get to sorting  Lips Sealed

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 01:34:04 pm »

Once you find the offending files and remove them, you'll need to download an AL mailbox.  Rezoning to community will put the phone and trash can on the lot, but then rezoning back to residential will remove those and not put the mailbox and trashcan in.  I've extracted both of those files for download.
yoyo23

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 01:35:48 pm »

Once you find the offending files and remove them, you'll need to download an AL mailbox.  Rezoning to community will put the phone and trash can on the lot, but then rezoning back to residential will remove those and not put the mailbox and trashcan in.  I've extracted both of those files for download.
THANK YOU  YAY

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 01:37:48 pm »

I never had to download the AL mailbox. Rezoning to apartment puts the mailbox back. This is what I followed and it worked: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14015.0.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: