Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:34:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Ways To Play The Sims  (Read 6028 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:24 am »

I'm looking for creative and interesting ways to play The Sims - I usually do the whole family thing [mother stay at home with children, father out to work etc.] and i've done it for so long it's starting to get a tad boring now.

I particularly like eras from the 1900s to the 1950s but can't seem to find a way to play just those eras, and what I would do in them.

I don't like werewolves, vampires, witches etc. because it's a tad too "weird" for me!

I'm running out of ideas, and I love them Sims, so I don't want to get bored. Any ideas? Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:04:20 am »

You could take a look at the sites that offer short or long term challenges and do one of those. Some of them can be rather interesting. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:05 am »

The two times I was excited to play TS2 were:

1) When I downloaded the TS1 families to play them in TS2; the Goths were young, with only Cassie as a kid, and Bella and Mortie were pretty and charming; the Newbiews were young, without any kids yet; I downloaded about 10 families - most of them from SlicedSims, but you can find them too in the EA TS2 site. If you want some, e-mail me, and I'll send them to you.

2) When I decided to resurrect the Tricou family, together with the young dead girl in The House of the Falling Leaves (downtown), which I married to Komei.
I had to send one of the Tricou live teens (look for a pretty girl with a round hat) to college, found her a paranormal job, she resurrected Jonatan, and he resurrected all the others.
Here you have to use the SimPe, change their turn ons/offs, and their aspirations (pleasure and romance). But when changed, they are beautiful family...Smiley.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:06:43 pm »

I'm still looking for a place to get Bella's parents, because you can't extract them with SimPE... Cheesy I like to get a family going, change the aspirations of the parents, drop a satellite on the one that cheats and have them go on into other situations... Yes, I am mean to my sims. Beats being mean to my family.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
soshoutori

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »

The two times I was excited to play TS2 were:

.... together with the young dead girl in The House of the Falling Leaves (downtown), which I married to Komei.

What, did you hate the poor girl?!

I really like uninstalling my EP's and slowly re-adding them. Makes me realize all the fun things I've missed and I sometimes discover new features too! I'm really having fun with OFB right now. I agree with caffeinated.joy about the challenges too, some of them *are* really fun. Most of my challenge is just trying not to cheat and seeing how long I manage! blush
gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:52:53 am »

I'm still looking for a place to get Bella's parents, because you can't extract them with SimPE... Cheesy

Paden, once I moved all Goth' ghosts tombs to the cemetary in Downtown (wanted to redecorate the house and the yard), then moved them back by Mortie.
I had a sim with an O'Nomitron, and called him to visit. Took the O'Nomitron (made him selectable), and ordered Mortie to call the Grim Reaper. He could ressurect all the dead sims who had a tomb.

Soshoutori, I like to marry Komei to a beautiful female, because all his genes are recesive, and the kids look like the mother. Did it many times - thus I get pretty kids...Smiley. And it succeeded with the dead girl too.

Edit: Oooops, didn't notice that you search for Bella's parents, who don't have tombs...Smiley. You can clone them with the Enhanser (there is a cloning lab there).
Searched for you a link, but the site "dissapeared"...Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:59:56 am by gali » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 04:20:00 pm »

Drat! Thanks for trying, though, I do appreciate it very much.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:15:07 pm »

You can also clone sims with Christianlov's SimCloner. Works on dead Sims too, so it might work on Bella's parents. Can't say for sure though.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:42 am »

On my way to find out, thanks, Music Lady! Cheesy

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 09:55:38 am »

Get 8 adult Sims on a fully-furnished lot, turn Free Will on and let them do their own thing.
The Sim to survive the longest wins.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 05:17:21 pm »

I've done that. It's a riot.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 05:09:21 pm »

There are two different versions of Ancient Highway's TS2 Challenges, one set at his own site and the other set at Simbology under Sims 2 Challenges which was a section some of us requested to share our challenges and dare others to try them.  Grin

Will try Christianlov's Sim Cloner to see if I can clone the dead Sims and extract them to be reused in my other 'hoods like Hero Monty for one.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: