Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:49:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to marry an elder?  (Read 3072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jocelynn

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:50 am »

One of my adult female Sims is really nasty and wants to marry a rich elder male Sim. Only for his money, of course.
HE wants to marry her 'cause she's gorgeous and (or: so) he doesn't need those blue pills Grin.

Well, here's the problem I cannot solve: Is there a way to let them marry? Is it possible to have a combination adult - elder? And if so: Can they have children?

I've searched the whole web but I can't find any answers or cheats.

Hoping anyone has the answer...
manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:58:04 am »

You can marry an elder as an adult sim. Men can always have children as long as they're young adult and up. Women can only have children when they're adults. Hopefully this answers your question.

Jocelynn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:26:43 am »

I meant (and sorry for the fuzzy-question): When you create a family (in "create a family"-mode), you can't have a marriage-relationship between an adult woman and an elder man. As the result of this, you also can't create children of them.
And that's what I'm questioning: Is there a possibility to do all this in "create a family"?

But thanks anyway!
Actron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:18:03 pm »

Make them without marrying them, then move them into a lot and get them married there.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:50 pm »

Try this:

In C-A-S, create your elder male and your adult female.

Then use the Edit Sim function to temporarily change the elder to an adult.

Make the two adults spouses.

Create the child (or children) you want.

Then use the Edit Sim option again to make the adult male back into an elder.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »

I tried that way and they switched off as soon as I editted him, But I moved them onto a lot and worked their relationship up to the in love stage and had him (elder Male) propose to adult female, she accepted and I then had him click on the standard wedding arch and choose get married. They then went through the wedding animations and now they are showing the married/joined flag on their relationship thumbnails.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:01:56 am »

It's not possible for that to happen in CAS that I know of.  However, if you have the Insimenator, you could just make the Sims marry as adults in CAS, make the children, move them into their house, and then use the Insimenator (or related mod) to age him up to an adult. :3~
Jocelynn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 01:25:10 pm »

I've tried these options (except Insimenator) and the only way is to marry them on the lot. Too bad! Now I can't create children of them by myself but it's all in Maxis' hands...
But thanx anyway for helping!
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 03:40:27 pm »

Well, male elders can still make babies.  So if you really didn't feel like making the children in CAS, you could make them marry as adults (as mentioned before), then move them in, then age him to an elder and let the babymaking begin~ Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: