Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:49:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Paintings  (Read 3454 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Actron

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:37 am »

Is their any way to move original artwork between lots? One of my sims is a keen painter and has done some good portraits of one of the other families in the neighbourhood, now I'd like to move some across into their house.

Sims 2 + Uni is all I have for now.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:37:47 pm »

As you don't have the Seasons 'Give Gift' option available to you, have you tried the following? (Family A = the lot where the paintings are now. Family B = the lot where you want the painting(s) to be.)

Use a teleporter (or the Insimenator, or the mod of your choice) to summon a Sim from Family B to the lot of Family A. Or call up and invite over a Sim rom Family B.

Once the Sim from Family B is on the lot of Family A, make that Sim selectable.

Put the painting(s) into that Sim's backpack.

Make that Sim unselectable.

Either remove that Sim from the lot using a mod or have them leave by using the 'Say good-bye' option.

Save and exit the Family A lot.

When you next go to the Family B lot, you should be able to place the painting(s) there by accessing that Sim's  backpack.
Actron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:13:47 pm »

Sorry to be really dumb but Backpack? Never come across those on the game before!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »

For any Sim, click the treasure chest icon in the user interface, then click the backpack icon (if that icon is not already selected). That is the backpack, or inventory, of stuff that any Sim carries around with him/her. Most anything can be put there by accessing the backpack (meals placed there will not spoil, for example), clicking on the item to be stored, then placing it into the inventory.

Items in the backpack can be rmoved from the backpack and used or placed as needed.
Actron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 03:48:07 pm »

Thank you, sorry for the stupid questions!

EDIT: Is that out of one of the EPs as there is no Backpack in there - Just rewards.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:09:28 pm »

EDIT: Is that out of one of the EPs as there is no Backpack in there - Just rewards.

unsure, but it could well be that the backpack was instituted with Nightlife.

If you don't have the backpack, then sorry, but can't see a ready way to do what you are asking.
Actron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 04:17:23 pm »

If you say you get the "Gift" option in Seasons, then I may just have to invest in a couple more EPs...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:13 am »

Inventory was introduced with OFB.  Having just Base Game and Uni, there is no way of transferring the painting.  I don't know the status of the Inventory if you don't have OFB but get a later EP though.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:35:06 am »

Inventory was introduced with OFB.

Just for informational purposes, are you sure about that? Don't the cologne and the Re-Nu-Yu potion from Nightlife go into the backpack inventory?

Just asking, for the sake of clarification.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 06:05:57 am »

My bad. You're right.  OFB is where you could put leftovers into inventory, which is when inventory really became useful IMO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: