Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:42:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Own Place  (Read 2444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »

I have a young adult sim who lives with her parents and five siblings (her parents' lifetime wishes were to raise five babies to teens, and ended up with one single birth, a set of triplets, and a set of twins).  I want to move her out to start her own life with her sweetie, but I don't want to lose her family.

I separated a few of my sims from their families, and their families completely disappeared.  I don't want to lose her family, but I want her out of her crowded house.  How do I do this?

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:22:23 am »

you can move her out, but don't choose for her to be the active household - that way you'll have her out of the house and in the town but won't lose your original family

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:50 pm »

I figured it out finally.  I changed them to the active family, but I saved it as another file so now I have a file with both the original family and her with her new husband. Smiley

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 07:47:00 pm »

I did save the family as two different files, but they don't coexist which sucks.  My sims want five grandchildren, but their three daughters who are all married only have two children between them, how can I play the other families without losing my sims' wishes?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: