Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Default Skins  (Read 5019 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cloverleaf

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:14:27 pm »

Im looking for the best realistic default skins that dont make the dark skinned people look so dark.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »

"Best" is highly subjective and in the eye of the beholder, but perhaps one of these sets might suit:

http://www.sironasims.com/oepu-skintone-defaults.html

http://www.sironasims.com/ephemera-skintone-edit-defaults.html

Remember that you can only have one default set in the game at any time.
cloverleaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:30:39 pm »

thanks! I really like the first ones Smiley
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:19:36 am »

I def. recommend Nevesta or Anva's skintones as your defaults. (I've been doing my homework today. Wink) You can find Anvas skintones over at GOS and Nevesta's over at MTS2.Grin
cloverleaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:09:09 am »

SimGirl20:I cant find them, but I think I changed my mind bout what i wanted. I think I want some that make the dark skinned people look darker because I tried the first from rwills and they made there eyes look wierd so any other suggestions for the best default skins?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 10:22:24 am »

Oh no wonder you couldn't find 'Nevesta' (probably because that creator doesn't exist..and I misspelled, because of lack of sleep last night.) I'm sorry cloverleaf, her name is, Navetsea lol and here is her user profile over at MTS2. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=57347 Anva is a little bit harder to find, she's located over at GOS (Garden Of Shadows) you can find the direct link to the site, in my post above or below this one, by me. Just look under 'Skin for your bones' or something lol you'll find her soon enough.. Cheesy
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:04 am »

Peach T on LiveJournal has done some really nice ones, and yes, she does have some as defaults, too. As for me, I use the non-defaults and I'm extremely happy with them. Find them HERE and I hope they are something you would enjoy having. I wouldn't live without them in my game! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
cloverleaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 02:25:42 pm »

I just downloaded then, I just hope they're the final ones  Embarrassed
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 07:28:39 pm »

Oh my! Paden, my dear you are most right, Peach T's skintones are lovely! I'll be setting here awhile but I'm getting those beauties A.S.A.P. Thank you so much for the link to this wonderful creator. Grin What would you suggest though, defaults or non-defaults? Will the 20MB file have all the skintones + the defaults? I might just get the non d's but just wanted your opinion. Wink
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 01:10:46 am »

Well, I only found them through a link at PMBD, your Prettiest Freesite Find, so the credit isn't mine alone. I got the non-default, and you'll have to download the coco skintone separate, somehow to file got borked when she first uploaded them. I adore having them, I honestly do, but I may go and try to get the defaults, I don't know yet. Depends on how my connection holds up when I try to grab them. Cheesy They are worth having in any way you get them, to be honest.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 06:49:15 am »

Oh I agree, they are great! I just thought I would let you know that, the 20MB file is indeed ONLY the defaults, so needless to say I was pretty pissed, when I found that out. I extracted them into my downloads and noticed there were only 4 files, so the largest file is only the defaults. I went into bodyshop, curious if my time setting here, for 2  hours was worth it, and I am extremeley pleased, the skins make even maxis default fuglies, really nice to look at! I was so excited to see how even the pre-mades looked, so I went back in for a another grueling 2-3+ hours, to get the 18 MB file that housed all the skintones, plus the pure cocoa skintone. I can say that, I like these skintones so much that I probably will never, want anymore skintones in my game! shocked Grin I would say to most def. get the defaults Paden, when you can. You will not regret it, let me tell you.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:36:07 pm »

hurrah for high-speed broadband, only took me about 2 minutes to download!!

I've had Navetsea's skins as defaults for a loooooooong long time now, I love them and I'm loathe to part with them. However, if Peach-T's skins look as good in my game as her previews then I may just be waivering a little!

Thanks for the link Paden and whoever gave the link on PMBD!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: