Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:27:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A sit mod request  (Read 1883 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
darkannie

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2009, 01:45:33 am »

I think this would be a fairly easy mod to make.  At least, I would hope so.  If it already exists, then point me in the right direction to it, but if not, it would be extremely useful for so many purposes.

I'd like to be able to click on an object where an option would come up for every single sim on a lot to take a seat somewhere, and to stay in that seat till I cancel the interaction.  If someone jumps in their way as they're heading towards the next available seat enough for them to stomp their feet and whine, they'll still continue towards the seat and keep trying till the walkway clears and they're able to take their seat.

I want them to not be frozen while they sit but to do as sims do and start talking.  But I'd also like an option for them to stop talking and look ahead and stay that way.  Like an embedded action.

I think such a mod would not only be useful for storytellers but also for regular gameplay, where if you're like me, you're sick to death of sims not deviating from whatever mindless thing they're doing during a wedding enough to watch the ceremony take place.  How many wedding parties have been ruined by sims not taking their proper seats to watch the vows exchanged?  And if you have a lot of people there, especially if they're unselectable, who wants to go through the trouble of not only making them all selectable but also clicking on a sim then a chair, then another sim, then another chair, and so on and so forth.  Not to mention, what if there's a road block as all these sims are taking their seats and one stomps their feets and complains.  The action then goes away and you're forced to have to do all that over again.  And then you may have to content with them wanting to get up and run off to do something else and have to stop the game and seat them AGAIN!  And there's no telling how many more might decide to run off and do something else.  It's an aggravation and much too often it's not worth throwing a wedding party because of it.

That's just one important use it could have.  I'm sure other uses would come up as well.  So think of the kind of hero you'd become for making such a hack!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: